Old
06-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Padawan
Former power tripper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Tim Thomas = Bust
Well, Thomas wasn't a product of HIFK system and played elsewhere too before moving back to NA.

Husso can be a future NHL'er providing he gets out of HIFK and fast.

Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 04:27 PM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleKarppa View Post
hes already 6'1 foot at 16 years old
I was 6'1 when I was 15. I'm now 17 and a bit shy of 6'2. Just saying...

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
Well, Thomas wasn't a product of HIFK system and played elsewhere too before moving back to NA.

Husso can be a future NHL'er providing he gets out of HIFK and fast.
Seriously, our goalie system is horrible. Sakke Lindfors was a better goalie than a coach.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
I was 6'1 when I was 15. I'm now 17 and a bit shy of 6'2. Just saying...
Oh and i was one of the shortest boys in our class when i was about 15. Probably something around 5'8. Now that i'm 17 i am 6'2.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 05:11 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padawan View Post
I know, I know. But the guy didn't specify that we are talking about HIFK's prospect goalies.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 06:30 PM
bebl

Lindfors is moving to KHL so IFK is going to sign new goalie coach

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2012, 11:20 PM
JFA87-66-99

I like to learn a little more about Ville Husso, How good will he be as he seems to be the best goaltender for 2013 draft class, and I thought I read that he might be one of the best Finish goaltending prospects of all-time?

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 06:28 AM
glassbangers
#FireEakins

vCash: 78
I haven't never seen Husso playing, but he seems to be a decent prospect. IMO Henri Kiviaho has much more potential to be NHL goalie. 17-years old kid playing with amazing stats on U20 (2.54 and .914%), 6'3 and he already has dazzling reflexes.

glassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2012, 09:16 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
I haven't never seen Husso playing, but he seems to be a decent prospect. IMO Henri Kiviaho has much more potential to be NHL goalie. 17-years old kid playing with amazing stats on U20 (2.54 and .914%), 6'3 and he already has dazzling reflexes.
You never have seen Husso playing and you rank other goalie much ahead him . Husso is one of the best goalie prospects in the Finland in the couple past decades if we measure only technique. If he's mentally strong and can bounce back from bad games he's gonna be very good goaltender.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Eyelanders

Husso has been very good so far in the playoff with HIFK in the Jr. A. He has played three games and has won all the games. Iīm not a goalie expert by any means, but I think Husso has lots of potential. He has a good glove-hand and has very good movement on the goal. Husso is also very athletic. Should be very interesting to see how he will play in the next games.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:10 AM
bebl

[QUOTE=Juniorhockeyfollower;45720839He has played three games and has won all the games.[/QUOTE]
And let only 4 goals

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Hege
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl View Post
Lindfors is moving to KHL so IFK is going to sign new goalie coach
There have been rumors concerning the recently "retired" HIFK goalkeeper Jan Lundell as being the next goalie coach if and once Lindfors moves to the KHL.

EDIT: Forgot that Lindfors already left to Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod alongside Jalonen & Rautio... My bad

And what comes to Ville Husso, I will be seeing him tonight at the opening match of the U20 Finals HIFK-Jokerit. By what I have seen of him, he is a really promising goalie. He's only 16 and plays with the U20.

Last edited by Hege: 03-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Hege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
HansSachsFan

Saw him against Russia at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup. Despite allowing six goals I was very impressed with his play and he stood out to me as the top goalie from the Breclav group so I thought I'd share my observations.

He has a very calm demeanor, big presence in the net. Looked very confident and unrattled throughout the game despite allowing three quick goals in the second period.
Technically very sound, very active hands, great glove, very solid butterfly, good rebound control and reads the play very well. Definitely could be more patient. Lot of times he just drops and relies on his strong b-fly.
He has Kari Lehtonen written all over him.

I'm not sure about his potential though. He still has room to grow technically but I would say he's already well polished. So I suppose he doesn't have the upside of a raw prospect such as Vasilevski. I don't know his work ethic and dedication which is obviously key for his development.

Would love to hear someone else's opinion on him, seems like a promising goaltender...

HansSachsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSachsFan View Post
Saw him against Russia at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup. Despite allowing six goals I was very impressed with his play and he stood out to me as the top goalie from the Breclav group so I thought I'd share my observations.

He has a very calm demeanor, big presence in the net. Looked very confident and unrattled throughout the game despite allowing three quick goals in the second period.
Technically very sound, very active hands, great glove, very solid butterfly, good rebound control and reads the play very well. Definitely could be more patient. Lot of times he just drops and relies on his strong b-fly.
He has Kari Lehtonen written all over him.

I'm not sure about his potential though. He still has room to grow technically but I would say he's already well polished. So I suppose he doesn't have the upside of a raw prospect such as Vasilevski. I don't know his work ethic and dedication which is obviously key for his development.

Would love to hear someone else's opinion on him, seems like a promising goaltender...
Thanks for sharing your observations. Itís pre-season, so things might still change before the draft, but as of now Husso might be the top Finnish goalie for the upcoming draft. There arenít that many Finnish posters around here who have good knowledge about goaltending, so itís possible that we canít match your level of analysis. That is if one of the less active posters around here doesnít step up and share their observations.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
HansSachsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Thanks for sharing your observations. Itís pre-season, so things might still change before the draft, but as of now Husso might be the top Finnish goalie for the upcoming draft. There arenít that many Finnish posters around here who have good knowledge about goaltending, so itís possible that we canít match your level of analysis. That is if one of the less active posters around here doesnít step up and share their observations.
No problem at all. I have no experience with scouting whatsoever, but I do have goaltending knowledge...
I would maybe add two things. First, as far as his puckhandling goes, I didn't see anything flashy from him but he did make smart decisions with the puck to keep his team in possession. Also, I really liked the way he communicated with teammates. Unfortunately I really don't know what he was yelling...

HansSachsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Bloodhound
Regular User

Where do you see him drafted? Maybe 2nd round?

Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsalaFan View Post
Where do you see him drafted? Maybe 2nd round?
A huge change for the better is required in the 2nd half of the season if he desires to be in the talks for top-60. Husso has been a pretty big disappointment, the same goes for many other Finnish 2013 prospects not named Barkov, Ristolainen or Lehkonen.

Old
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
luby3131

Can someone tell me what's the deal with this kid? Two years out he was labeled the best goaltender in this draft, and now he's barely mentioned at all. What happened?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 02:15 PM
JJTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
Can someone tell me what's the deal with this kid? Two years out he was labeled the best goaltender in this draft, and now he's barely mentioned at all. What happened?
well umm he is very inconsistent and he played behind stacked teams few years ago, now he's team in average and he's weaknesess are getting more exposed (average size, bad positioning,mental game, tries to be too fancy etc.) I think he will still get drafted, he stats weren't that bad.

With the right coaching he still has a change to play in the nhl one day. Reminds me of Marc Andre Fleury

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 07:56 AM
wings5

I don't know if its just me but other than internationally this year, his numbers don't seem that terrible to me.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
What happened?
Husso looked really promising three, four years ago, but his development hasn't been linear. Few months ago I tried to reply to this same question in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
average size
Husso is 6'1'' tall or a tad more, that's pretty much an optimal height for a modern goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
I think he will still get drafted
Based on the games I saw from Husso this season, I wouldn't draft him. I can't completely rule out the possibility of him getting drafted, but it would be a small surprise I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I don't know if its just me but other than internationally this year, his numbers don't seem that terrible to me.
Not terrible, but Husso had only the 5th best save percentage from U18 aged starting goalies in the Finnish U20 league, Saros, KšhkŲnen, Lipišinen and Lankinen were ahead of him. Also, those 7 shutouts during the regular season helped enhance the stats quite a bit. On an average night he fairly often had a below dot-9 save%.

Last edited by Tormentor: 06-12-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old
10-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Bloodhound
Regular User

Good start from Husso for this season in FEL 4games 2,76 90,35

Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote