HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nicklas Bergfors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2011, 03:04 AM
  #1
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,854
vCash: 500
Nicklas Bergfors

Just saw on the main boards that Bergfors was not given a qualifying offer by Florida. He still has a lot of offensive skill and he's a young player. Does anyone think it's possible for the Rangers to give this guys a shot? He wouldn't cost too much, and if he doesn't work, you can walk away from the guy after the season OR turn it into a draft pick or another guy who might need a change of scenery.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:13 AM
  #2
Black Tank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: a NYer in England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Just saw on the main boards that Bergfors was not given a qualifying offer by Florida. He still has a lot of offensive skill and he's a young player. Does anyone think it's possible for the Rangers to give this guys a shot? He wouldn't cost too much, and if he doesn't work, you can walk away from the guy after the season OR turn it into a draft pick or another guy who might need a change of scenery.
It would still count against the contract limit and 3 teams have now labeled him as a bust. I don't see the upside - the Devils fans vastly overrated him b/c they had nothing else in terms of prospects.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 06:07 AM
  #3
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 500
No more "just needs a change of scenery" guys please.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 06:41 AM
  #4
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,155
vCash: 500
If he's still around later in the summer and we have space, we can sign him or offer him a camp tryout. But early in free agency we need to get the important stuff taken care of first (Richards, RFAs).

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 07:01 AM
  #5
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
More important players to take care of, enough of the change of scenery guys were not in a position that we need to take flyers on risky guys that are "change of scenery" players, new York isn't a retirement home for coulda been great players.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:27 AM
  #6
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,433
vCash: 500
we have Wolski is that not enough?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:29 AM
  #7
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
I agree that he's hardly a priority, but don't you think this has Sather reclamation project written all over it?

Especially since he's a former Devil...?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:53 AM
  #8
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I agree that he's hardly a priority, but don't you think this has Sather reclamation project written all over it?

Especially since he's a former Devil...?
Yes, and it very much should not.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
  #9
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
No more "just needs a change of scenery" guys please.
He's a Swede, not a Russian, so why not?

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:21 AM
  #10
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Please god no he sucks.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:23 AM
  #11
Declan
HFB Partner
 
Declan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
No thanks.

He didn't fit in the NJD defensive system or do much in the Thrashers offensive style game. So, what does that tell you?

Pass!

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:25 AM
  #12
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Gaborik, Callahan, and Prust are our 3 locked in RWs for next year.

If we have the cash after Richards/Fedotenko signings, I would be fully for bringing him in to compete with Zuccarello, and maybe Thomas for the last spot. Nothing wrong with the roster spot going to the best available player.

Bergforce is around the same age as Zucc, would carry a lower cap hit, and his NHL production is very similar.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 11:28 AM
  #13
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Gaborik, Callahan, and Prust are our 3 locked in RWs for next year.

If we have the cash after Richards/Fedotenko signings, I would be fully for bringing him in to compete with Zuccarello, and maybe Thomas for the last spot. Nothing wrong with the roster spot going to the best available player.

Bergforce is around the same age as Zucc, would carry a lower cap hit, and his NHL production is very similar.
Exactly. As I said in my previous post, he shouldn't be a priority, but if you can get him in on a 1 or 2 year deal for $1MM, it's all upside as far as I'm concerned.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:03 PM
  #14
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,529
vCash: 500
I have commented on Bergfors when he belonged to another org, I wont mention any names. And it came close to being the last thing I did on these boards.

I can only say what I've been saying for years. The kid just ain't that good. He is like a Nigel Dawes with worse noose for the net and a tad better defensively. He is not fast nor do he have much top end ability. The kid works hard, but I do not think he would make it out of camp with us. Not good enough.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:32 PM
  #15
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I have commented on Bergfors when he belonged to another org, I wont mention any names. And it came close to being the last thing I did on these boards.

I can only say what I've been saying for years. The kid just ain't that good. He is like a Nigel Dawes with worse noose for the net and a tad better defensively. He is not fast nor do he have much top end ability. The kid works hard, but I do not think he would make it out of camp with us. Not good enough.
yep, pretty much said the same thing when the devils were able to sucker the thrashers into taking him for Kovalchuk.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:34 PM
  #16
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Please god no he sucks.
ehh he will be marcus nilson 2.0 whatever happened to him?? he sort of vanished.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:55 PM
  #17
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
No, no, no, no.

No.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 07:55 PM
  #18
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,403
vCash: 500
pass. if he can't hack it with Florida or Atlanta, that is not a good sign.

Also Gaborik -> Callahan -> MZA - Prust -> Thomas
RW is pretty locked up for me.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:19 PM
  #19
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
He doesn't fit. If no one offers him anything, and he'd take a 2 way deal, I'd be OK with him being in Hartford. A good call-up. I feel like if he doesn't get anything sooner than later, he'll probably head over to Europe.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:49 PM
  #20
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
I'd definitely take a chance on him if it's a one year deal at a low salary. He's not that good, but he has some skill, and maybe if he gets the impression that this is his last chance in the NHL, it might motivate him. Playing under Tortorella and with winners like Lundqvist and Callahan might bring out the best in him.

Considering our lack of skill, I don't see why not. I'm genuinely surprised the Panthers aren't going to re-sign him. He's not so bad that they couldn't use him for another year or two.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:31 AM
  #21
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Considering our lack of skill, I don't see why not. I'm genuinely surprised the Panthers aren't going to re-sign him. He's not so bad that they couldn't use him for another year or two.
You just answered your own question. A team that is starved for offense isn't going to resign him. That should say enough about him.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:39 AM
  #22
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
He played pretty good in NJ, i dont see why it would hurt. He has good speed/shifty, skill and scoring ability. Id rather him than W2 no question but thats not sayin much. But id Rather see Frolov resigned at 2M.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:46 AM
  #23
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
You just answered your own question. A team that is starved for offense isn't going to resign him. That should say enough about him.
Not really. More of a reflection on Dale Tallon, who I've always thought alternates between great decisions and absolutely terrible ones (see the Frolik trade).

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:50 AM
  #24
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
You just answered your own question. A team that is starved for offense isn't going to resign him. That should say enough about him.
Quote:
On October 3, 2010, it was announced Grabner was placed on waivers by the Panthers, who intended to assign him to their AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans.
Florida management has made some questionable decisions before...

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.