HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers rebuff Artem offers

Old
06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
My guess is the deals haven't been good enough. I can't imagine why they don't want to deal Anisimov unless they really think he's really the answer at third line center OR they think Anisimov and Stepan are 1 and 2 in the future and they're not as interested in Richards.

Also, something like this going public could mean Sather is shopping him and his value is trying to be upped.
This organization has serious, serious problems if they think this, which I dont think they do.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:34 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
My guess is the deals haven't been good enough. I can't imagine why they don't want to deal Anisimov unless they really think he's really the answer at third line center OR they think Anisimov and Stepan are 1 and 2 in the future and they're not as interested in Richards.

Also, something like this going public could mean Sather is shopping him and his value is trying to be upped.
yeah they probably would give him up if it was for a 1st line player in return...but that would be one of those 'you have to give up something' situations, not wanting to move him.

CM PUNK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:36 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
I see him topping out absolute ceiling at about 70 points. I like to think of him in the same light as Zajac but the difference is Anisimov is more creative and has a better wrister, where as zajac is more meat and potatoes, plain jane type of center with a better slapper.
if AA tops off at 70 points we'll be doing backflips...last season only 10 centers in the entire league scored 70. only 20 had 60+

considering we are talking about a guy that might be our #3 center, i think that topping out at 'only 70' is pretty solid lol

Old
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This organization has serious, serious problems if they think this, which I dont think they do.
I don't think there's a problem if they think Stepan and Arty can be the 1 and 2 of the future IF they still go out and sign BR to 1. give them time and 2. give a buffer if neither of them take that step.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't think there's a problem if they think Stepan and Arty can be the 1 and 2 of the future IF they still go out and sign BR to 1. give them time and 2. give a buffer if neither of them take that step.
That just doesnt make sense. If they go out and sign Brad Richards, they dont think Stepan and Anisimov are #'s 1 and 2 centers. Period.

You dont need to sugarcoat it for the 2 kids. Its not the end of the world if Stepan turns into a #2 and Anisimov a 3 and/or fetches a nice piece at the deadline.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:11 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
That just doesnt make sense. If they go out and sign Brad Richards, they dont think Stepan and Anisimov are #'s 1 and 2 centers. Period.

You dont need to sugarcoat it for the 2 kids. Its not the end of the world if Stepan turns into a #2 and Anisimov a 3 and/or fetches a nice piece at the deadline.

How doesn't it make sense? Stepan's 20 and Anisimov's 22. Not everyone's Sidney Crosby and can come into the league and dominate against older, more established players after a year or two.

If they sign Richards for let's say 7 years, Stepan and Anisimov will be 27 and 29 when he's gone, Stepan just entering his prime and Anisimov right in the thick of it. By then you should be able to know what you have with them WITHOUT the gamble of them anchoring the 1st line in the next 2 years, because of BR.

I'm not sugarcoating, you're obviously looking at the downside of their development while i'm looking at the upside. I don't see why some are so ready to trade Anisimov when he'd be a big part of why we'd have good center depth with Brad Richards.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
really makes me wonder what kind of offers were turned down...did we turn them down cause we don't want to move AA or cause the offers just weren't enough?
I'm sure it's because the offer wasn't good enough. No one on this team is untouchable.

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
I don't either...but that could be their plan B I guess. It won't shock me if we start the season with Anisimov on another team.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I'm sure it's because the offer wasn't good enough. No one on this team is untouchable.
I disagree. Hank and Callahan are pretty much untouchable. Staal is very close, too.

Old
06-26-2011, 09:44 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
I disagree. Hank and Callahan are pretty much untouchable. Staal is very close, too.
hypothetically would anyone do
Callahan + Staal for Stamkos? value wise, if you took this to the trade boards, we'd win all the way.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Good. I'm happy to see that Sather is interested in keeping our young core together, and by keeping Artie is helping that. Here comes the signings of Cally and Dubi

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
As much as I like Callahan he's not an untouchable. I'll give you Hank.

The only players who should ever be considered untouchable are those who are the best in their position in the league.

The way I consider if someone is untouchable is think of the best player in the league and consider if you'd trade the player you consider untouchable for him. As much as I love Cally, if Ovechkin or Crosby is offered to me straight up for Callahan he's gone.

I know it's never going to happen, but that to me indicates whether or not someone is actually "untouchable."

The only player on the NYR who should be anywhere near considered untouchable is Hank b/c it's an easy argument to make that he's one of if not the best goalies in the NHL

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:52 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
well obviously. but i meant did someone offer us junk for him or did they offer good value and we won't move him unless its for a top line player?

Old
06-26-2011, 09:54 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
no player is untouchable...some are virtually untouchable because another team would never meet the price required, but that guy would still be moved at the right price.

callahan is FAR from untouchable...do you seriously think that if tb offer us stamkos that sather would say no?

Old
06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
no player is untouchable...some are virtually untouchable because another team would never meet the price required, but that guy would still be moved at the right price.

callahan is FAR from untouchable...do you seriously think that if tb offer us stamkos that sather would say no?
Yeah but why would Tampa Bay do that? If teams will never offer what it would take to get them, then they are untouchable.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:00 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Yeah but why would Tampa Bay do that? If teams will never offer what it would take to get them, then they are untouchable.
overrating a players value isn't the same as being untouchable...i love cally but lets get real here

Old
06-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

[QUOTE=Declan;34150921]As much as I like Callahan he's not an untouchable. I'll give you Hank.

The only players who should ever be considered untouchable are those who are the best in their position in the league.

The way I consider if someone is untouchable is think of the best player in the league and consider if you'd trade the player you consider untouchable for him. As much as I love Cally, if Ovechkin or Crosby is offered to me straight up for Callahan he's gone.

I know it's never going to happen, but that to me indicates whether or not someone is actually "untouchable."

The only player on the NYR who should be anywhere near considered untouchable is Hank b/c it's an easy argument to make that he's one of if not the best goalies in the NHL[/QUOTE]

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:

I hardly think that signing Brad Richards somehow guarantees that the organization feels that Stepan or Anisimov will never be #1 centers.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:18 PM
hockeyman001

Glad to hear that we are turning away offers for AA. I've always liked his playing style and he's very smart both with and without the puck. He has physical room for development that could see him become stronger, quicker, and improve his shot, and he's nowhere close to reaching his full potential. But he is developing steadily which is everything you look for and you don't trade a guy like that. His ceiling is probably in the 70-75 point range, but I could see him settling in nicely as a 50-65 point scorer and one of the top #2 centers in the league.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Another good kid here. I gotta admit we've been doing far better with the youth since the lockout, and I'm usually negative.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:45 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

"Nobodys untouchable." is the same philosophy that Francis, Espo, & Smith had and by damb we only won 1 cup in all those years.

Chemistry & comraderie be dambed right?

As long as we field and all star team on paper & sell monster loads of jerseys every few years right?

Just becasue Pitt offers Crosby for Arty, Cally, Staal, Girardi, & a 3rd doesnt mean it's a no brainer becasue the value is clearly in our favor and we can just rebuild through FA and be a winner in a few years with Crosby at the center of the team.

Chemistry & the sence of the team being "yours" as well as knowing the other guys on the team are fighting for you as you are for them goes alot farther then constantly turning over the roster becasue "so and so" is a clear upgrade over someone else.

For the first time in as far back as I can remember, this season, while watching the national broadcast games, the desk jockeys admitted that the Rangers actually have an identity for the 1st time in a long time. That identity is formed through the sum of the parts that make up this team. In other words, we're not the punch line in the end of jokes that were usually at our expence on how to not properly run a team.

I have a gut feeling some of the fans here who want to trade off everyone for someone else have not been watching this team with a clear understanding of how things work for very long. And I'm not talking about "well I was 6 when they won the cup". Sorry but you dont count. You have no frame of reference for what this organization has done wrong for so long accept for what you read in books and just like stat lines, you cant get a read on what really happened reading in a book through someone elses comentary.

This team for decades has built through FA and trades and what has it accomplished?

The last team that was successful that was not bought (1994) was back when we drafted Gilbert, Ratelle, Howell, Park, Giacomin & such. The day Francis traded away Park & Ratelle to BOS for Espo was the begining of a long drought in not only team identity but team self respect and IMO those can be very strong fundamentals to a winning team. For the 1st time, in a loooooooong time, this team has self respect, identity, & a growing chemistry. Just becasue we havent done anything since the lock out does not mean we do not have a bright future. Some of you young Rangers fans here need to cool your jets and see the bigger picture of what this organization has been about for almost 40 years now and how Sather, Tortarella, Schoenfeld, & Clarke are trying to rectify that.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but it's taken decades for this team to finally go in this direction and some of us here can tell you the "nobodys untouchable" route has been played, & ridden right into the ground. Hell, it was Espositos whole philosophy on being a GM and he even admitted it.

I realize at some point we will have an over flow of prospects, and that would be an appropriate time to deal packages for "that 1 special player". But we are not that deep in prospects yet, at least not till some of the ones we have drafted in the past 2 years have some PRO time under their belt.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 01:48 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman001 View Post
Glad to hear that we are turning away offers for AA. I've always liked his playing style and he's very smart both with and without the puck. He has physical room for development that could see him become stronger, quicker, and improve his shot, and he's nowhere close to reaching his full potential. But he is developing steadily which is everything you look for and you don't trade a guy like that. His ceiling is probably in the 70-75 point range, but I could see him settling in nicely as a 50-65 point scorer and one of the top #2 centers in the league.
Came in here to post the same but you were quicker

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
No player's untouchable.

I'd say it's correct to say that a player won't be traded because the team won't get anywhere near a good return for him.

Let's say pittsburg is going to give crosby + malkin + their next 4 firsts + their top 5 prospects in exchange for hank sather wouldn't be able to say no. But realistically that'll never happen.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 06:23 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
This thread is more proof that rangers fans are the dumbest, and i mean the absolute dumbest fans in professional sports.

The second this team starts producing talented forwards, all of you are ready to start trading them away...and why? Because after his second year in the league you don't think he has the ability to be a no. 1 or no. 2 center.

Brad Richards would be the worst idea rangers management ever had, in two years he will be under-performing, taking a roster spot that either Anisimov or Stepan will need, and playing the same role as Drury for the last three years.

Some people never learn

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 06:31 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
This thread is more proof that rangers fans are the dumbest, and i mean the absolute dumbest fans in professional sports.

The second this team starts producing talented forwards, all of you are ready to start trading them away...and why? Because after his second year in the league you don't think he has the ability to be a no. 1 or no. 2 center.

Brad Richards would be the worst idea rangers management ever had, in two years he will be under-performing, taking a roster spot that either Anisimov or Stepan will need, and playing the same role as Drury for the last three years.

Some people never learn
i understand the general idea you're presenting with this post and can relate

however, its safe to say bolded may be a bit of an overstatement....

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote