HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators & Islanders Interested In Semin

Old
06-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Dirtbag59

vCash: 500

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So getting 30 goals out of Mike Green, 65 out of Ovechkin, etc., etc., isn't getting the most out of those players?
And it was also at the expense of every other aspect of the game.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:52 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Close to none. The nuNHL is too boring to me so its Caps or bust.

Are the GM's dumb for wanting and retaining those guys, and the coaches using those players you find fault with. Yet most are in the finals, and you are finding fault with them to the bitter end. Did you think I am proposing trading Semin for them? I am not. The same points get argued in every thread. Dont be deceived by the extreme low number of active threads here.

Regardless, some seem to imply what we get for Semin is close to meaningless, or at least hard to pinpoint; the biggest return is the huge 7M cap space.

Instead of bashing, give us a name. The new theme around here. Who are the players we need to put us over the top.
Lol, that is how I feel now that I'm older. There used to be a time I watched hockey every chance I could get. I still watch some West coast games, but if it isn't the Caps, it is bust. I was surprised I watched the Finals.

As for players we need, we need guys that can take punishment going to the net and in the corners. For defense, we need players that will keep guys like Downie from taking liberties in front of the net. This years Caps playoff losses were about teams knowing they could forecheck in our corners and throw the puck out in front for garbage goals. This is another reason I'm a Holtby fan, he is aggressive and doesn't hug the goal crease. I like Neuvy, but it did bug me he would just hug the goal. As for game 4 against Tampa Bay, everything went wrong. I realize we had issues with discipline like with line changes and such, but allowing the opposing team to just get near the goal crease and establish a presence is just not going to win playoff games. I'm convinced if we had made the finals, we would have gotten our ***** kicked and swept. This team really needs a Clutterbuck type player. Anyway, old season over, optimism for next and hopefully we will have some nice additions/tweaks. As I've posted before I like all our goalies and like the competition going into next season.

Go Caps!

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
And it was also at the expense of every other aspect of the game.
Nope, try again.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Nope, try again.
Mixing in a litte disciplin took the 65 --> 32 and the 30 --> 8.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 08:40 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
Mixing in a litte disciplin took the 65 --> 32 and the 30 --> 8.
You seriously believe it was trying to mix in discipline into their games that killed the goal-scoring? Please. It was simply ****** play and injury. The more disciplined system was installed because of the lack of goal-scoring.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 12:09 PM
txpd

reminder. 8 game losing streak. no goal scoring. after game 6 of the streak, the defensive system arrived.

reminder #2. there is no defense first system employed on the power play.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:11 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
thats creepy

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Dream Big

We already have grit in our backyard.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=85784

Don't know how it would translate to the NHL but might be interesting to see. He's a good skater from what I remember.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 08:51 AM
CREW99AW

I haven't seen one credible source report, that the isles are in the mix for semin.Nothing from Botta,Strang,Staples or MacKenzie.

Is this rumor from Eklund or ***************?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 09:12 AM
txpd

there are no credible sources on this subject at present.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
dashtary*

Hockey break did. He's really accurate and early on hockey news. But I'm not sure that the Caps/Isles are the best of trading partners.

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
As for players we need, we need guys that can take punishment going to the net and in the corners. For defense, we need players that will keep guys like Downie from taking liberties in front of the net. This years Caps playoff losses were about teams knowing they could forecheck in our corners and throw the puck out in front for garbage goals.
I hate to use the word outflanked but in watching the games thats the one thing I noticed time and time again. Their guys were simply outskating us on the wings and guys like Schultz and Hannan couldn't keep up. There was also a time where Erskine got to aggressive, went out of position and left Green with the task of taking on a 2 on 1 by himself.

We were literally outskated by Tampa.

Then when they got out to the wings they kept throwing the puck in front of the net and eventually got lucky bounces or lucky catches from their players. That was how Tampa won this series.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I haven't seen one credible source report, that the isles are in the mix for semin.Nothing from Botta,Strang,Staples or MacKenzie.

Is this rumor from Eklund or ***************?
That's because there is no truth to this. The same type of people that believe twitter accounts and Eklund are the same people that perpetrate this crap, and it's just accepted.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 01:55 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Hockey break is not credible. There's a reason you can't type it *********** here.

06-26-2011, 09:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Hockey break is not credible. There's a reason you can't type it *********** here.
This sounds like the same blogger/fan site,that about 2 yrs ago reported the Sabres were about to acquire Streit for Tallinder and Lydman.The rumor was reported by a Sabre blogger 2 days before July 1st,the start of the free agency period.Both Tallinder and Lydman were 48 hrs away from becoming ufas.

Only problem was,no one seemed to have informed Snow of the deal.

It was amazing to read the comments from excited Sabres fans, who should have known that no team would give up it's best d-man,on a team friendly contract, for 2 players 48 hrs from unrestricted free agency.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote