HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Union Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2011, 12:47 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitz View Post
tied with one game in hand. the rsl goal really pissed me off. dude tackled farfan at midfield. wtf
it shouldn't have mattered anyway, the game should have been 2-1. Le Touxs goal counted, and it was NOWHERE NEAR off sides. THAT was a terrible call and it cost them the game.

Old
06-12-2011, 01:33 PM
slitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
it shouldn't have mattered anyway, the game should have been 2-1. Le Touxs goal counted, and it was NOWHERE NEAR off sides. THAT was a terrible call and it cost them the game.
it wasnt le toux that was offside. it was daniel off the pass from harvey. whistle was late and it was close

Old
06-12-2011, 04:03 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
it wasnt le toux that was offside. it was daniel off the pass from harvey. whistle was late and it was close
Yes, it was Daniel that was "called" offsides, but it really didn't look like he was. The fact that the whistle was late (almost when the ball was on LeToux's foot) didn't help matters.

Old
06-12-2011, 04:32 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Yes, it was Daniel that was "called" offsides, but it really didn't look like he was. The fact that the whistle was late (almost when the ball was on LeToux's foot) didn't help matters.
yes im well aware that daniel was called offsides. he was not off sides. i was standing right there.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:19 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Tough day for the Union and the Yanks.

Losing to Panama...Gimme a break

Old
06-12-2011, 06:19 PM
slitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
NOWHERE NEAR off sides.
nowhere near? really? it was close as hell. judging by the cuts in the grass, it was VERY close. cant ride the official on that one, given that he sees it real time, without blue and gold tinted glasses.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:24 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

[QUOTE=slitz;33587816]nowhere near? really? it was close as hell. judging by the cuts in the grass, it was VERY close. cant ride the official on that one, given that he sees it real time, without blue and gold tinted glasses.

[/

In no way am I seeing anything through blue and gold glasses, nor am I claiming that the ref would have had to be In order to make the correct call. You can clearly see Daniel on sides when Harvey makes contact on the pass. Which means that the wrong call was Made. Plain and simple.

Old
06-12-2011, 07:32 PM
slitz

the only thing "clear" about the photo I posted is that it is in no way a clear cut call. we have the benefit of a still photo and it is still very, very close. from the refs perspective, at game speed, without the benefit of the grass cuts, with late afternoon shadows, and crowd noise, that is an EXTREMELY difficult call to make. to say otherwise is highly misinformed.

Old
06-13-2011, 01:14 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
the only thing "clear" about the photo I posted is that it is in no way a clear cut call. we have the benefit of a still photo and it is still very, very close. from the refs perspective, at game speed, without the benefit of the grass cuts, with late afternoon shadows, and crowd noise, that is an EXTREMELY difficult call to make. to say otherwise is highly misinformed.
im not arguing that it's not a difficult call to make, you're completely missing the point.

im arguing that, to me, it's onsides. thus, under that notion, the wrong call was made. regardless of how difficult the call was to make. it's pretty misinformed to call someone else misinformed, when all they're doing is making a statement based on the notion that it was on sides, and not how close or difficult the call was to make.

Old
06-13-2011, 07:56 AM
pelts35.com

My issue with the offsides call was how late it was. If the call was made in a timely manner (before the crossing pass), then you chalk it up to a close call. However, the whistle blew well after the crossing pass.

Either way, the Union played a lousy second half and missed a number of opportunities to walk away with 3 points.

Old
06-13-2011, 05:12 PM
slitz

Quote:
My issue with the offsides call was how late it was. If the call was made in a timely manner (before the crossing pass), then you chalk it up to a close call. However, the whistle blew well after the crossing pass.
all the blame for that goes on the CR. he never checked his line until the ball went across. he should have given a quick peek at the far AR. that would have ended this whole discussion. its reffing 101

Old
06-21-2011, 12:13 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Being a late start for you kids in the east, I'm sure not many of you watched the Whitecaps defeat the Union on Saturday.

If you didn't catch the game, you missed a shutout by Vancouver's back-up keeper, Joe Cannon.

06-21-2011, 12:55 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Being a late start for you kids in the east, I'm sure not many of you watched the Whitecaps defeat the Union on Saturday.

If you didn't catch the game, you missed a shutout by Vancouver's back-up keeper, Joe Cannon.
I caught the second half. One of the worst performances of the year.

Old
06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:

I watched the first half and was so disgusted with the gameplan that I went to bed. Cannon may have had a clean sheet, but he was hardly tested. It seemed like Letoux was the only person playing up in the first half and I cannot understand why Mwanga is not in the starting lineup.

2 home games this week and I hope that they show a little offense.

Old
06-21-2011, 09:24 AM
IrishSniper87

Union need to get Paunovik in the CAM role and get Migs out of the lineup. Not impressed with Migs, but Paunovik, while out of position the first half, seems to be the kinda guy who will find himself soon and cause havoc for opposing teams backlines. Then sub in Torres around the 60 minute mark to replace him. That really energizes the offense.

I really like how the Union's depth is coming along.

Old
06-21-2011, 10:04 AM
HFNHL Commish

Send a message via AIM to HFNHL Commish
What I expect from Migs is for him to be a settling presence in the center of the pitch, and when he's played, he hasn't been that. Moreover, Carroll makes him a bit redundant.

I know that Nowak looks for most of the distribution out of midfield to come from the wings, and if Migs was playing well, he'd probably prefer to play him and Carroll together in the middle and hope to rack up a bunch of 1-0 wins. But Migs has been so terrible on the ball this season that I have trouble even justifying him coming off the bench regularly.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
PhilaFlyers

Mwanga scored a nice goal in the 81st minute to give the Union a 3-2 win tonight vs Chivas. The win puts the Union in 1st place in the East.
http://phitv.neulion.com/mlsvp/conso...=1880&id=16288

Team USA on the other hand

Old
06-27-2011, 09:38 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Mwanga scored a nice goal in the 81st minute to give the Union a 3-2 win tonight vs Chivas. The win puts the Union in 1st place in the East.
http://phitv.neulion.com/mlsvp/conso...=1880&id=16288

Team USA on the other hand
Really fun game on Saturday, specifically the second half. The team looks completely different with Mwanga on the field.

I thought that hockey officiating was poor, but it looks great compared to the officiating in MLS.

Anyone here heading to DC on Saturday?

Old
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
IrishSniper87

Solid game apparently, sorry I missed it.

Old
06-27-2011, 11:06 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Solid game apparently, sorry I missed it.
By far the most exciting home game of the year. The place was rocking in the 2nd half.

Old
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
By far the most exciting home game of the year. The place was rocking in the 2nd half.
I haven't been to PPL yet, but I have been watching them on TV. Trying to save up for Everton tickets. Thinking about Real Madrid also.

Old
06-28-2011, 01:30 AM
GirouxGiroux
Visioneer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I haven't been to PPL yet, but I have been watching them on TV. Trying to save up for Everton tickets. Thinking about Real Madrid also.
Unless you're an Everton or Real Madrid fan, you'd be better off catching a league game.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Vancouver acquired Jordan Harvey from the Union today for allocation money.

The Whitecaps need help on the back line; is Harvey a strong left back?

Vancouver's MVP, Alain Rochat is the normal left back but, due to an injury to centre back (and captain) Jay Demerit, Rochat has been moved to the middle.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Jaydepps

Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Seems weird to essentially sell a starter when they are first in the East.

Old
07-08-2011, 01:33 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Vancouver acquired Jordan Harvey from the Union today for allocation money.

The Whitecaps need help on the back line; is Harvey a strong left back?

Vancouver's MVP, Alain Rochat is the normal left back but, due to an injury to centre back (and captain) Jay Demerit, Rochat has been moved to the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
Seems weird to essentially sell a starter when they are first in the East.
Harvey has played a lot of minutes for them as well.

I think Nowak is making room for the Farfans to get time back there.

Closed Thread