HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lombardi talks Smyth Trade/Doughty/Fraser

Old
06-26-2011, 11:42 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
The Kings should make a serious run at Richards and if they sign him they can turn around and unload Stoll for a draft pick or prospect.

Loktionov can just slot into Stoll's place on the 3rd line, TM is going to use Richards or even Kopitar against the other teams top centers, so while Loktionov will be the 3rd line center, he won't be matched up against the other teams top centers.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
B. Richards - M. Richards - Brown
Clifford - Loktionov - Richardson

Pretty solid Top 9
I'm just curious why you would unload Stoll if you didn't have to? Let alone for futures. Kurri getting to you?

As for Frasier, he is perfect for the 13th forward spot. He is someone the organization wouldn't care if development was stunted for (if there is any left) and he makes nothing. He is basically a Harrold that can't play D.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I'm just curious why you would unload Stoll if you didn't have to? Let alone for futures. Kurri getting to you?

As for Frasier, he is perfect for the 13th forward spot. He is someone the organization wouldn't care if development was stunted for (if there is any left) and he makes nothing. He is basically a Harrold that can't play D.
I am not a Stoll fan. I realize he wins faceoffs and is good in the shootout but other than that he is to me an average player with a pretty large cap hit. If he is the difference between being able to afford Brad Richards you trade him every single time.

I think Loktionov is ready to play and contribute and Stoll is essentially blocking his way, while carrying a big enough cap hit to prevent the Kings from hitting a homerun on July 1st.

This is a better team with Loktionov and B. Richards than it is with Stoll and Gagne/Jokinen/Laich.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:53 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I am not a Stoll fan. I realize he wins faceoffs and is good in the shootout but other than that he is to me an average player with a pretty large cap hit. If he is the difference between being able to afford Brad Richards you trade him every single time.

I think Loktionov is ready to play and contribute and Stoll is essentially blocking his way, while carrying a big enough cap hit to prevent the Kings from hitting a homerun on July 1st.

This is a better team with Loktionov and B. Richards than it is with Stoll and Gagne/Jokinen/Laich.
Brad is going to get stupid Money from Toronto or New York. No way does AEG allow Dean to match what those teams are going to throw at him.

Richards is already 30 as well. Toronto Really needs A Center. I could see them Giving Him a 80 Million Dollar Contract. Burke is going to be under a lot of pressure, He must Bring Brad to Toronto. OR all the (fans/shareholders) will view this off season as a failure.

Last edited by damacles1156: 06-27-2011 at 01:01 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 02:16 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

As much as it would be amazing to sign Brad, I don't think it's going to happen. We still don't know what DD's contract will look like and BR is not going to be cheap. On top of that, he wants the East Coast. However, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Ollie Weeks

If we get Brad Richards, great. If we get someones else, that's fine too. Its been a hell of a week for this team no matter what free agency brings.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:53 AM
CNS
A World Alone

I'll say it again...If we get Brad Richards, I'll let users create the worst avatar in the world for me, you guys can vote on the worst, and I'll rock it all summer. Hell, I'd almost say I won't post till the season starts if we sign Brad Richards but then I'd have nothing to do all summer.

July 1 cannot come fast enough. I want him to sign with a team and end the talk about us getting him. It drives me crazy people think its at all feasible.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 04:30 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I'll say it again...If we get Brad Richards, I'll let users create the worst avatar in the world for me, you guys can vote on the worst, and I'll rock it all summer. Hell, I'd almost say I won't post till the season starts if we sign Brad Richards but then I'd have nothing to do all summer.

July 1 cannot come fast enough. I want him to sign with a team and end the talk about us getting him. It drives me crazy people think its at all feasible.
Im in too. Hell I'd do this for Richards and Jokinen or Leino. The chance we get one of these 3 on the cheap with nearly all 30 teams chasing them isnt very good. But ****** we got Mike and traded Smyth so anything can happen right?

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 04:35 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
Im in too. Hell I'd do this for Richards and Jokinen or Leino. The chance we get one of these 3 on the cheap with nearly all 30 teams chasing them isnt very good. But ****** we got Mike and traded Smyth so anything can happen right?
It's not because of that. It's because Mike makes 8.6 mil in the 2012-13 and unless Brad is willing to take a million that year, which would require him taking an amount close to that this year, AEG's internal cap won't allow us to sign him. Get it right people. We won't sign Brad!

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
It's not because of that. It's because Mike makes 8.6 mil in the 2012-13 and unless Brad is willing to take a million that year, which would require him taking an amount close to that this year, AEG's internal cap won't allow us to sign him. Get it right people. We won't sign Brad!
This myth needs to stop now.

Please show me a link where AEG has said they will not spend to the cap because Dean and Lieweke have gone on record saying that cash isn't an issue and Dean can spend to the cap if he wants.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 10:57 AM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
This myth needs to stop now.

Please show me a link where AEG has said they will not spend to the cap because Dean and Lieweke have gone on record saying that cash isn't an issue and Dean can spend to the cap if he wants.
Internal cap /= salary cup.

Budget is probably the better word. I'm not sure where AEG is at right now but they definitely have a budget level at some figure. Every business on the planet has a budget.

Either way, I don't think we can fit Richards for cap reasons. Yes, we can fit him short term but he wants a long term deal. At some point our goalies are going to need get paid. Our #3/4/5 d-men salary average of 3.3 million leaves little maneuverability in the future if we are at the cap. We also don't know where DD fits on a 6-8 million dollar scale. Bringing in Brad Richards leaves absolutely no long term cap flexibilty.

Last edited by willie: 06-27-2011 at 11:03 AM.
willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I would still rather have Stoll on the third line. Faceoffs are still imporant in the NHL and the Kings would have 4 all below 50% if Stoll is moved. I would also swap Penner and Brad. Mike is more of a setup center and Kopitar can become the trigger man between Brad and Williams. Of course, Terry Murray is still the coach of the Kings and there won't be a line combination that isn't used before the 3rd game of the season.
Why is everyone putting together lineups without Stoll? I thought he was signed for this year?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:21 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Why is everyone putting together lineups without Stoll? I thought he was signed for this year?
He is.

People are just dreaming that he'll be moved in an attempt to clear space for Brad Richards.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote