10/18 Providence Bruins vs Springfield Falcons

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 05:07 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
10/18 Providence Bruins vs Springfield Falcons

Checking the ticker I see the Falcons having a comfy 24-8 shots on net advantage BUT Hannu apparently holding down the fort as the baby B's lead 2-1 on two Matt Herr PP goals. No points or shots for Huml or Zino; a fight for Colton Orr and an assist for Morrisonn.

I love the strategy MOC is having the Baby B's are using to have the team allow Toivonen (and Thomas) see plenty of rubber and develop at a quicker pace. Great move MOC

Old
10-18-2003, 05:09 PM
DKH

I realize this isn't a Bruins team but lets face it they are an extension of the Broons- heck, there are probably 10 guys on that team who will see time in Boston atleast for a game this year. And Toivonen and Morrisonn are two guys we should have major interest in. And there is always PJ Stock

Old
10-18-2003, 05:12 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
I realize this isn't a Bruins team but lets face it they are an extension of the Broons- heck, there are probably 10 guys on that team who will see time in Boston atleast for a game this year. And Toivonen and Morrisonn are two guys we should have major interest in. And there is always PJ Stock
errrrrr....I meant 'the' Broons- of course, they are the Providence Bruins. Last year we had a few posters who took exception to posts on this team but to me they are family and quite interesting. Zinovjev, Toivonen, Morrisonn, PJ....I wish I was at the game myself

Old
10-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
errrrrr....I meant 'the' Broons- of course, they are the Providence Bruins. Last year we had a few posters who took exception to posts on this team but to me they are family and quite interesting. Zinovjev, Toivonen, Morrisonn, PJ....I wish I was at the game myself
I think Providence Bruin talk and any prospect talk should be encouraged.

Speaking of prospects....where have our updates gone? I know we have some Canadian Bruin fans out there....lets get some info on our Major Junior guys.

Old
10-18-2003, 06:17 PM
P. Bruinette

Send a message via Yahoo to P. Bruinette
Sergei Zinovjev Gets Game-Winner for P-Bruins

Just thought I'd pass on that Sergei Zinovjev scored the game winning goal in tonight's P-Bruins' 4-2 win over Springfield. I only got to see updates.. didn't even get to hear the game. But, the fact that he's shooting at the goal and getting them in and the first goal is a game winner.. Whoo

Hannu Toivonen held down the fort and must have played incredible. He stopped 35 of 37 shots. Providence mustered up 14 embarassing shots.

Oh, and Matt Herr got the other three goals. Hey, Hattrick! That's five goals in two games in two nights. Too bad Boston doesn't have a guy who can score like that

Lori

Old
10-18-2003, 06:24 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bruinette
Just thought I'd pass on that Sergei Zinovjev scored the game winning goal in tonight's P-Bruins' 4-2 win over Springfield. I only got to see updates.. didn't even get to hear the game. But, the fact that he's shooting at the goal and getting them in and the first goal is a game winner.. Whoo

Hannu Toivonen held down the fort and must have played incredible. He stopped 35 of 37 shots. Providence mustered up 14 embarassing shots.

Oh, and Matt Herr got the other three goals. Hey, Hattrick! That's five goals in two games in two nights. Too bad Boston doesn't have a guy who can score like that

Lori
Excellent news!! Toivonen sounds like he is really excelling. Next season (assuming there is one) I fully expect a Hannu/Rayzor duo.

Also good to hear on Zino. The more he succeeds, the less homesick he will be. I hope some RI news has some hi-lites.

Anyway, as far as Herr goes, I think he is just one of those AHL all star types that for whatever reason cant hack the NHL. In Baseball they are called AAAA types. Izzy Alcantara for instance...Pat Dotson for all you Red Sox fans of the late 80s. Excel in the minors, but have one fatal flaw that doesnt allow them to be succesful in the big time. I hope Herr gets another chance, but it seems he falls into this category.

Old
10-19-2003, 03:22 AM
Dr Seldon
I play like Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Speaking of prospects....where have our updates gone? I know we have some Canadian Bruin fans out there....lets get some info on our Major Junior guys.
Here is a short update from sweden. Lars Jonsson scored his first goal of the season for Leksand yesterday. He is now 1+4 after 11 games.

Closed Thread