HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

D Colin Sullivan - 7th Round 198th overall

Old
06-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think there was some poster who already said we were interested in him. So I wasn't surprised with this pick, I dunno, hope he isn't Scott Kishel v. 2
Us and Carolina were reported as interviewing him.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And yet....in this interview, Sullivan mentions that he's going at Yale in 2012, nobody thinks of asking him where he's going next year? 'Cause the kid wasn't drafted in the USHL.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Seriously. Like for Beaulieu i've seen as small as 6'2 174 and as big as 6'3 191.
6'0.5" 197
Combine results. Official heights and weights.
http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...rm&app=combine

Papa_Bear_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And yet....in this interview, Sullivan mentions that he's going at Yale in 2012, nobody thinks of asking him where he's going next year? 'Cause the kid wasn't drafted in the USHL.
pffffft asking about his tie was way more important.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 04:57 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

EJHL for next year ?

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 06:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
YALE... nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Yale was the top ranked team in the NCAA this year, they have a good coach that has turned around the program. He was Team USA's world junior coach this past year.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Sullivan says it's a family decision whether he plays in Avon for another year....somebody pleeeeeeease talk to him....I really don't get this. Shouldn't it be a little Habs decision as well? Just slightly?

Old
06-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Bear_21 View Post
6'0.5" 197
http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3...rm&app=combine
Where do you see that? You go at the Central scouting home page and then you see this...

http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3/cs/content.nsf/0/9F6C8D377334BDE78525786F004CE154/$FILE/FinalRankingsDomesticSkaters.pdf

Beaulieu: 6'1.75'' 174lbs.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Sullivan says it's a family decision whether he plays in Avon for another year....somebody pleeeeeeease talk to him....I really don't get this. Shouldn't it be a little Habs decision as well? Just slightly?
he doesnt have much choice, he's not draft in the ushl so ejhl next year and then Yale in 2012. Don't see him going back to Avon Old Farm next yr (that would be silly hockey wise)

I don't believe anyone own his rights in the Q in case he would change his mind and go the chl route. I guess he would be a FA and sign with every team he wants but i doubt he would choose the chl route anyway.

Old
06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
he doesnt have much choice, he's not draft in the ushl so ejhl next year and then Yale in 2012. Don't see him going back to Avon Old Farm next yr (that would be silly hockey wise)

I don't believe anyone own his rights in the Q in case he would change his mind and go the chl route. I guess he would be a FA and sign with every team he wants but i doubt he would choose the chl route anyway.
Surely, the kid as far as he was picked, has to think more about school than hockey. EJHL? So be it. Everything but Avon. Can he just recommit for this year? Anything....CHL would be great, but not holding my breath...

Old
06-25-2011, 08:16 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Surely, the kid as far as he was picked, has to think more about school than hockey. EJHL? So be it. Everything but Avon. Can he just recommit for this year? Anything....CHL would be great, but not holding my breath...
what do you mean by recommit ? you mean about his Yale commitment ?

Old
06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I am assuming he's not finished school but I don't know what his status is. Yale is losing 3 defensemen and they have 4 incoming as it is so if he were done school and could move up his committment to this fall, that would make it 5 Freshman D, 3 of the 5 being RD's.

It will be interesting to see what happens, if he goes back to Avon so be it, it gives the Habs 5 years to evaluate him before deciding to sign him or not.

Old
06-25-2011, 11:52 PM
bleuetbio

[QUOTE=montreal;34105497]I am assuming he's not finished school but I don't know what his status is. Yale is losing 3 defensemen and they have 4 incoming as it is so if he were done school and could move up his committment to this fall, that would make it 5 Freshman D, 3 of the 5 being RD's. QUOTE]

Can you give us all the names?

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Wyrmidon

I'm really glad that quite a bit of you are happy with Colin. I was actually hoping the Devils would pick him so I'd have no conflict of interest. He's a good kid with a good work ethic, I'm sure he'll become a name you'll get to know more.

Also, Hi, I may be visiting your boards more often. Hope you don't mind.

Wyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:21 AM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmidon View Post
I'm really glad that quite a bit of you are happy with Colin. I was actually hoping the Devils would pick him so I'd have no conflict of interest. He's a good kid with a good work ethic, I'm sure he'll become a name you'll get to know more.

Also, Hi, I may be visiting your boards more often. Hope you don't mind.
I think everybody here would be happy with this pick if we got some big and tall forwards before. Some people are extremely rude right now because this draft doesnt respect the needs of our prospect banks. Sometimes, you have to forget your need and go with the BPA and that is the thing we did. tough somewhere when passed on Ambroz, Labate, Tvrdon, Kessy, Mersch and smaller like Rieder, Hudon and Boucher.

You're always welcome here. Everybody are welcome.... Toronto, Ottawa and Boston also.

Old
06-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Wyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
I think everybody here would be happy with this pick if we got some big and tall forwards before. Some people are extremely rude right now because this draft doesnt respect the needs of our prospect banks. Sometimes, you have to forget your need and go with the BPA and that is the thing we did. tough somewhere when passed on Ambroz, Labate, Tvrdon, Kessy, Mersch and smaller like Rieder, Hudon and Boucher.

You're always welcome here. Everybody are welcome.... Toronto, Ottawa and Boston also.
I see, I can't blame anyone for being peeved that the Habs couldn't grab many drafts that fit the needs of the team. I'm sure that there will be some trades and signings during the summer to help fill them.

Wyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmidon View Post
I see, I can't blame anyone for being peeved that the Habs couldn't grab many drafts that fit the needs of the team. I'm sure that there will be some trades and signings during the summer to help fill them.
Will see, but in fact, its tough since 15 years to bring good stuff here from the UFA market for many reasons and when it happens, we generally overpay for the X player and the players can be a bully for the cap hit later like Hamrlik was a bit. When we took Cammy, Gionta, we did it because nobody have the money for them at this moment. this year will be different with the new cap hit.

For the trade market, we have a problem: We trade our 2nd rd pick each year at the deadline for a rental and sometimes our 1st (Gomez-Tanguay) so now its the time to pay because all our prospects of the time are now NHLer and we have a poor prospect bank and not many good assets to trade, maybe just Gorges and Desharnais. These guys are the kind of lovable players that we dont want to get rid. I dont believe in the value of Gomez, Pouliot, Weber. Markov got a NMC, so It will be tough to trade again but not impossible.

Old
06-26-2011, 01:21 PM
CTHabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/d....htm?dpid=9496

I'm saying it now, this could very well end up being the steal of the draft!

Edit: nevermind he's from Connecticut
Yeah, he will probably be another bust like Max Pacioretty. Brian Leetch was also from Connecticut. Anybody know whatever became of that bum?

CTHabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I am assuming he's not finished school but I don't know what his status is. Yale is losing 3 defensemen and they have 4 incoming as it is so if he were done school and could move up his committment to this fall, that would make it 5 Freshman D, 3 of the 5 being RD's.
Can you give us all the names?
Incoming defensmen in the fall to Yale, Thomas Fallen-LD, Matt Killian-RD, Alan Thompson-RD, and Bennett Carroccio-LD.

Outgoing (Seniors) defensmen- Jimmy Martin, Mike Matczak, and Ken Trentowski

Old
06-27-2011, 01:53 PM
pc_md

Quote:
6'0.5" 197
About Sullivan height and weight...

His official height and weight is 6.05 and 190 lbs.

http://centralscouting.nhl.com/link3/cs/content.nsf/0/9F6C8D377334BDE78525786F004CE154/$FILE/FinalRankingsDomesticSkaters.pdf

6.2 and 205 lbs is his projected height and weight according to this interview (last question).

http://www.rds.ca/zv2/

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote