HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray leading the rebuild

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Melnyk letting Murray lead the rebuild?
Good move 147 94.84%
Undecided 6 3.87%
Bad move, should have been fired 2 1.29%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-27-2011, 08:50 AM
topshelf15

vCash: 500
Been a fan of murray since he was hired ,none of what he has done is a surprise to me. He will be one of the best ever gm,s in sens history

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:19 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

I hope to be proven wrong.

I also hope that this past draft is more like Murray's 2003 draft than...well, every other draft he's ever been in charge of everywhere else he's ever been.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
I like what murray has done since the rebuild officially started. I guess I was hoping for an entirely new front office but he has proven me wrong so far.

On another note, I don't agree with John Holmes at all but there is a serious problem here when he is **** on for having an opposing view. He's called a troll, told to shut up and go away. Can't we have a debate without someone being called a troll? We're all fans, we're all passionate and we won't all see eye to eye but enough with this disrespectful garbage.
Agree with this 100%

Kellogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:32 AM
NHLsensFan

The drafting record speaks for itself, the realization that he knows were in a rebuild will hopefully allow him to not give large amounts of money to over the hill players and the fact that he was willing to part with guys that have been the foundation of this team for years to acquire pieces needed for a youth movement has shown me that he is willing to rebuild the right way, and seems to be the right man for the job

NHLsensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:40 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

It sure would be nice to get Perry / Getzlaf calibre players and hopefully more out of this draft.

We do have some nice prospects coming, Butler looks like a good signing, and Murray killed in the Anderson trade, especially since he was able to lock him up longterm.

Maybe Filatov turns it around here too. A lot of good things could happen.

Old
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
ShotDownCrosby

Honestly, not surprised one bit! This is where Murray excels. He may not be the best with trades in the past or contracts, but when it comes to drafting he knows his ****!

I`m thrilled at what Murray has done! And even a little shocked at some of the trades (ie. Anderson, Filatov, 22nd pick).

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
2Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
We'll see, we still only have 1 true top 3 talent in Spezza and he is not even in the elite category as a Toewes, Kane, St Louis, Eric Staal, and we need another big bodies top 4 dman to complete our D

But Boston won the Cup with a top 6 without any true stars and just a well balanced lineup, good goaltending and D.

We still need 2 top 3 wingers - these will be the hardest parts of the rebuild to add. Finding a top 3 talent is hard, finding 2 in is super hard.
He obsviously isnt because he doesnt have the elite line mates that they have....

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:10 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Do you not remember that Spezza centered the best line in hockey for about 3 seasons?

Old
06-27-2011, 03:27 PM
2Cowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Do you not remember that Spezza centered the best line in hockey for about 3 seasons?
Umm and how long ago was that?

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Rooverick*

I'm glad Johnny posts his opinion. At least he tries to back it up.

He's blinded by his hatred of Murray, but it makes it a lot more interesting around here to have someone willing to take up an unpopular opinion.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote