HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk

View Poll Results: Who do you want? (Lottery pick)
Grigorenko 60 52.63%
Yakupov 48 42.11%
Other 6 5.26%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2011, 09:53 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Alex Galchenyuk highlights. Pretty weird song to go with it.

Could anyone make the video work? thks

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tWK459ZXo
Fixed?!

Old
06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Fixed?
Well in my post it's still blank but when you quote it in your post, the video is there.

Thanks!

Old
06-27-2011, 10:22 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Well in my post it's still blank but when you quote it in your post, the video is there.

Thanks!
I can't edit your post

To make it right, just keep the last part after watch?= etc

Old
06-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I can't edit your post

To make it right, just keep the last part after watch?= etc
I've got the same issue, actually, and it must be a browser setting or something (I've travelled with Firefox through the 3.6->4.0->5.0 "upgrade", so who knows what has been changed without my knowledge). This is one of the few sites where I can no longer view embedded video, nor have anything show up despite using the (or whatever they are) tags correctly.

Old
06-27-2011, 11:31 PM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I've got the same issue, actually, and it must be a browser setting or something (I've travelled with Firefox through the 3.6->4.0->5.0 "upgrade", so who knows what has been changed without my knowledge). This is one of the few sites where I can no longer view embedded video, nor have anything show up despite using the (or whatever they are) tags correctly.
Try google chrome, works fine for me and its the browser I use. Though, I still think it should work with firefox. Doesn't hurt to try.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post
Try google chrome, works fine for me and its the browser I use. Though, I still think it should work with firefox. Doesn't hurt to try.
Yeah, my Chrome works. It isn't set up with all my ad blocking and privacy stuff, though, and that's probably the difference. Using Chrome for the first time in forever just a couple of minutes ago made me remember how much I hate having ads all over the place, so Firefox it is for now, I guess.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:40 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Big news Mikhail Grigorenko is going to be pick by London first overall (confirmed by Futur Considerations) and will report, The ohl just got even sicker (is that a word ? lol) next year. Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk ,Ebert and others

im moving to ontario

Old
06-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Krnage

At what times the Canadian Import draft start ?

Old
06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
At what times the Canadian Import draft start ?
Wednesday around 9am i believe

Old
06-28-2011, 09:33 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Big news Mikhail Grigorenko is going to be pick by London first overall (confirmed by Futur Considerations) and will report, The ohl just got even sicker (is that a word ? lol) next year. Yakupov, Grigorenko, Galchenyuk ,Ebert and others

im moving to ontario
Dam, no way he falls in the draft now. Unless he has a piss poor season. Was really hoping....

Old
06-28-2011, 09:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Dam, no way he falls in the draft now. Unless he has a piss poor season. Was really hoping....
Well you never know. At this time last year we were pining the fact that a big, hulking goal scorer named Seth Ambroz was going to be out of our reach

But yeah if there was ever a year to be a bad team (outside of a Crosby/Ovechkin year), this looks like it. Just sick top-end talent all the way through the top ten.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:57 AM
eaglesmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well you never know. At this time last year we were pining the fact that a big, hulking goal scorer named Seth Ambroz was going to be out of our reach

But yeah if there was ever a year to be a bad team (outside of a Crosby/Ovechkin year), this looks like it. Just sick top-end talent all the way through the top ten.
Was never big on Ambroz, just had weird feeling about him when watching him. So I wasn't surprised when he fell. I felt this way last year, though I was not posting my opinions on here at the time. Yarf can back me up on this one though .

Grigorenko is just exactly what I wanted for the habs. A big center, good along the boards, with excellent vision and playmaking ability. I am looking forward to seeing him with the knights. But, unless something weird happens, I think hoping to land him is just wishful thinking. If anyone will beat out Yakupov for the top spot, at this point in time, its Grigorenko.(now that russian in russia factor is gone)

Makes me wish we had more then 1 first round pick . But never know what can happen in a season. I don't think I will be disappointed if we somehow end up a lottery team. Not with this draft class anyway.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Was never big on Ambroz, just had weird feeling about him when watching him. So I wasn't surprised when he fell. I felt this way last year, though I was not posting my opinions on here at the time. Yarf can back me up on this one though .

Grigorenko is just exactly what I wanted for the habs. A big center, good along the boards, with excellent vision and playmaking ability. I am looking forward to seeing him with the knights. But, unless something weird happens, I think hoping to land him is just wishful thinking. If anyone will beat out Yakupov for the top spot, at this point in time, its Grigorenko.(now that russian in russia factor is gone)

Makes me wish we had more then 1 first round pick . But never know what can happen in a season. I don't think I will be disappointed if we somehow end up a lottery team. Not with this draft class anyway.
If we play this season with Hamrlik, Spacek & Gill all in the lineup and all on 1 year deals, they could probably all fetch us at least a 2nd rounder at the trade deadline. Teams love getting depth for the playoff race. Of course this is only if we fail to be in the running & having 4 2nds in a deep draft is enticing for draft junkies.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:56 PM
S Bah

Quote:

im moving to ontario
That's great news for hockey and hopefully the NHL,he's in a league all of his own.Probably the closest player to Mario Lemieux in size and talent I've seen yet.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
TheBuriedHab

I hope PG gets an extra first or second to let our scouts restock the prospect pool even more!

Old
06-28-2011, 08:25 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

FC top 60

15). C Matia Marcantuoni, Kitchener, OHL, 6-0, 185
16). RW Cristoval Nieves, Kent, USHS, 6-3, 190
17). D Slater Koekkoek, Peterborough, OHL, 6-2, 185
18). C Brendan Gaunce, Belleville, OHL, 6-2, 200
19). RW Martin Frk, Halifax, QMJHL, 5-11, 190
20). D Jesse Graham, Niagara, OHL, 6-0, 165
21). C A.J. Michaelson, Apple Valley, USHS, 6-0, 185
22). D Gianluca Curcuruto, Sault Ste. Marie, OHL, 6-1, 185
23). D Michael Matheson, Lac-St.Louis, LHMAAAQ, 6-1, 170
24). C Matthew Campagna, Sudbury, OHL, 5-11, 170

Those two guys should be looked at, excellent players bring amazing speed and skill.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Where's Emil Lundberg projected to go at the moment?

Old
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
katatoniak

habs will need to draft some good left wing ... not a lot in the prospect pool...

Old
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
That's great news for hockey and hopefully the NHL,he's in a league all of his own.Probably the closest player to Mario Lemieux in size and talent I've seen yet.
Nevermind that, London will pick Olli Matta. Quebec who made a deal for the #2 pick today, could pick Grigorenko but not 100%.

Old
06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Scotianhab

Maatta-Tinordi pairing next year.

Old
06-28-2011, 10:54 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Griffin Reinhart is a badass name.
Another up and coming family of junior players. His dad Paul played in the NHL and was a big defenseman. His older brother Max was drafted in the third round by Calgary last year and was a big part of the Kootenay Ice's success this season (every game I saw of his last year I really liked what I saw). Griffin is a big boy at 16 and looked great as a rookie for the Oil Kings. Younger brother Sam played on the gold medal BC Canada Games team and was drafted in the first round of the WHL Bantam Draft by Kootenay, where he was called up for a few games at the end of this past season and will there full time next year as a rookie.

Old
06-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
habs will need to draft some good left wing ... not a lot in the prospect pool...
I don't know about left wing because we have Pacioretty that is going to be a top 6 LW for years to come and I think our real need is going to be at center position. Louis Leblanc is our most promising prospect at center, and even then, I can't see him being our franchise center. On the contrary, Leblanc is going to be an excellent 2nd center or even 3rd center as some may say. That is why I think, Alex Galchenyuk is our guy. He's russian with american citizenship, with big frame at 6ft2 and already 185lbs playing a similar game as Marian Hossa. He's the complete package and he could turn out to be a guy we can build around. Otherwise, the other position we need desperately is RW as Kristo and Avtsin are the 2 most promising but nothing is going to say they could be excellent top 6 wingers..

Lastly, we could also wait till 2013 and draft Nathan MacKinnon

Old
06-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by katatoniak View Post
That's like saying we should use our 1st round pick on a goalie. EDIT: Same applies for the post above. Pleks and Eller are here to stay long-term. I understand saying you want an upgrade on those two; I wouldn't disagree. It's just the mentality that because our "prospect pool" is lacking in one department we should use a valuable asset to fill that need that bothers me. That's what mid-late round picks are for (see our recent draft). I know a deep prospect pool is all nice and shiny, but the needs of our NHL team are infinitely more important - without taking into account BPA of course.

Any skilled, puck-posession, mid-1st round forwards we should keep an early eye out for? (question to draft junkies out there)

Last edited by Playmaker09: 06-29-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old
06-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:

im moving to ontario
Now that's even more sick. OHL will be fun to watch. When is the OHL schedule out ? I don't wanna miss games between Sarnia and London...

Old
06-29-2011, 06:32 AM
katatoniak

Do you think Prybil will be drafter par a junior team today ?

Closed Thread