HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Moreau-Reasoner

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 09:58 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Moreau-Reasoner

These guys are SO under-valued!! I mean just this past off-season many good people where calling for Moreau to be traded as they figured he was over-paid and his shoes could easily be filled. Last year Marty was left available in the waiver draft (He'd be ATLEAST a fourth line center on ANY team, and on 80% of teams he'd be a third liner) and was again later sent down to the farm These two have probably been our most consistent forwards so far. Moreau and Reasoner have been the most dominant PK unit I have seen in a LONG LONG LONG LONG time. I just couldn't help myself as one of Moreau and Reasoners biggest fans, to say - I told you so - about Morea.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
These guys are SO under-valued!! I mean just this past off-season many good people where calling for Moreau to be traded as they figured he was over-paid and his shoes could easily be filled. Last year Marty was left available in the waiver draft (He'd be ATLEAST a fourth line center on ANY team, and on 80% of teams he'd be a third liner) and was again later sent down to the farm These two have probably been our most consistent forwards so far. Moreau and Reasoner have been the most dominant PK unit I have seen in a LONG LONG LONG LONG time. I just couldn't help myself as one of Moreau and Reasoners biggest fans, to say - I told you so - about Morea.
Well, I was one who wanted Moreau out but after the first 5 games, I admit I was wrong. I glad the Oilers still have him, especially on the PK. He and Reasonner are unbelievable. It was pretty obvious last night against a potent Avs PP.

Old
10-19-2003, 06:29 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

I was among all those that felt Moreau should be moved along and replaced with somebody younger and cheaper. So far this season he's making us look kinda dumb by showing the kind of things that somebody younger and cheaper wouldn't bring to the table. Lowe showed a lot of faith in Ethan with that long term contract, and Ethan is responding.

I'm proud to say that I've been on the Marty Reasoner bandwagon since late in the '01-02 season. I don't know if it's still ok to recycle this speech, but here it is again: you have to admire the way he handled being put on waivers and being sent to the minors last year without a word of complaint and then coming back and staking out a role. He's done a great job of filling Todd Marchant's checking-center shoes since about the halfway mark of last season. His defense has become extremely valuable to the Oilers, and I still believe the offense will start to show as well. Last night's SH goal was mostly thanks to that gorgeous pass from Ryan Smyth, but Marty deserved it after all the outstanding work killing penalties. And that goal put a total exclamation-mark on last night's game. It was like "Up yours, Blaine Angus! Up yours, Floppa!" That goal made me happier than any single goal since... ... well, it's been a long time, anyway.

hey, I just loaded up ESPN.com, and right on the front page...
Quote:
2003-04 PLUS-MINUS
Brenden Morrow +5
Marty Reasoner +5
Marek Malik +5
Stu Barnes +5
Greg Johnson +5

Closed Thread