HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Qualifying Offers for Butler & Condra?

Old
06-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Well then you had better convince Shero to trade him to you.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11178/1156607-100.stm

I hope the Sens pass on third and fourth line players that are only UFAs due to GMs hating the arbitration process. If Murray is going to overpay a little, it should only be for top six forward.
So we should sign Carcillo then. He is a valuable bottom sixer but he still has some untapped potential. Both Shane Doan and Wayne Gretzky thought he could be a thirty goal scorer and he has hasn't played for a coach who knows how to utilize his skill set properly. McLean, Cameron and Reeds are exactly the kind of coaching staff to maximize Carcillo's potential (whatever that may be).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...?urn=nhl-95512

Last edited by Berserker*: 06-27-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
I always felt that TYler Kennedy was a Senator killer whenever he played against us. \I want him
The guy only scores AGAINST us. Who is he going to score against if we sign him?

He'd be more useless than the 3rd round pick we traded for Filatov.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBass View Post
The guy only scores AGAINST us. Who is he going to score against if we sign him?

He'd be more useless than the 3rd round pick we traded for Filatov.
Maybe its the jersey that gets him excited Does not hurt to give it a try

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
So we should sign Carcillo then. He is a valuable bottom sixer but he still has some untapped potential. Both Shane Doan and Wayne Gretzky thought he could be a thirty goal scorer and he has hasn't played for a coach who knows how to utilize his skill set properly. McLean, Cameron and Reeds are exactly the kind of coaching staff to maximize Carcillo's potential (whatever that may be).
Carcillo is third line player that is very tough to play against. He definitely isn't going to score 30 goals a year, but if he stayed disciplined, played a smart physical game, he definitely could get 15.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:07 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

I'd consider going after Carcillo but that depends a lot on how GM's see him... He doesn't really seem like a Murray guy.
I would love to snag Tyler Kennedy, he is a very nice 3rd liner and someday might be a decent 2nd line fill-in.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:38 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Uh oh, I hope MandiotC doesn't see that Potulny wasn't qualified. He has a lot of value apparently.
Yeah I just saw Joy's tweet now that Potulny, Bass, and Bailey are being let go so they can find a 1-way deal elsewhere. So, it's not that Potulny has no value, but Murray doesn't feel there's room on this roster. In fact I remember Murray said he was going to make some unpopular moves over the summer - this is definitely one of them imho. Can't wait to see who lands Potsy.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Ottawa is the pits to find accurate information. Some Sun Staff "filler writer" wrote this:
Quote:
It’s believed the Senators did extend offers to RFAs Bobby Butler, Erik Condra, Roman Wick and Derek Smith.
Don't bother writing if you can't even call a team source to confirm information.
Even the so called topical radio Team1200 just skirts the issue whenever the subject of RFA and UFA comes up. Where are your contacts boys?

The question is simple what is happening with Butler, Wick, Condra etc...? TSN has changed their list to put them in the UFA category but they still show Greening listed as a UFA even though he's signed. Who can you trust for accurate information these days. These guys are full of bs. Can't they confirm simple facts from official Sens contact.

While I'm at it:
The official Sens site is always very slow to provide pertinent information to its fans. Many other teams had already released this information by late yesterday afternoon / early evening.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Ottawa is the pits to find accurate information. Some Sun Staff "filler writer" wrote this:

Don't bother writing if you can't even call a team source to confirm information.
Even the so called topical radio Team1200 just skirts the issue whenever the subject of RFA and UFA comes up. Where are your contacts boys?

The question is simple what is happening with Butler, Wick, Condra etc...? TSN has changed their list to put them in the UFA category but they still show Greening listed as a UFA even though he's signed. Who can you trust for accurate information these days. These guys are full of bs. Can't they confirm simple facts from official Sens contact.

While I'm at it:
The official Sens site is always very slow to provide pertinent information to its fans. Many other teams had already released this information by late yesterday afternoon / early evening.
haha someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
haha someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed
The OTTAWA Citizen is no better. They have a detailed story about every Montreal player who got and didn't get an offer but when it comes to the Sens it's the same short Sun story (sans the added "It's believed" about the 3 Bingo players Bass, Potulny and Bailey. They are so busy writing platitudes about another enigmatic Russian (their words not mine) that they have no time for facts that interest the fans and readers!

Old
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
JoeSakic

Depending on the number you could get him for...I'd sign Carcillo and move Neil.

JoeSakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:18 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSakic View Post
Depending on the number you could get him for...I'd sign Carcillo and move Neil.
I believe that the organization specifically wanted to keep Neil around for leadership, particularly for practice intensity level.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:20 AM
JoeSakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I believe that the organization specifically wanted to keep Neil around for leadership, particularly for practice intensity level.
Perhaps...but hopefully by the trade deadline that intensity will be something that the coaching staff is ensuring is happening...or that other veteran and young players step up to police.

Old
06-28-2011, 10:30 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Perhaps...but hopefully by the trade deadline that intensity will be something that the coaching staff is ensuring is happening...or that other veteran and young players step up to police.
I don't really see a need to move him.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:32 AM
operasen

Butler and Condra were supposed to have a huge shot at making this team. Murray would surprise everyone if he let them walk for nothing.

Wick plays AHL again (imo) but gets his call ups.

I like the idea of rotating some Binghamton players through the season as was stated elsewhere.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM
JoeSakic

Quote:
I agree there is no need to move him but I think a player like Neil can bring back a significant return (relative to his 3rd/4th line status) under the right circumstances. At the deadline he's the exact kind of player teams are desperate for - for a team that's a few years away from competing he affords an opportunity to return assets - picks and/or prospects - that this organization needs to have.

If no one ultimately wants to overpay keep him but if someone is desperate enough I don't hesitate to pull the trigger - in my mind he's a replaceable asset long term.

Old
06-28-2011, 11:12 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Cody Bass RFA yes would have liked him back. He does the dirty things that have to be done team player + seems to be nice person. OK OK he won me over this season............

I also realize that Ottawa has to make room for the new prospects to develop, Way the game works..........

I wish Cody well.....................

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:12 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Agreed. It's a fair contract and he is worth it. His leadership abilities and intensity rub off on other players. And if they don't, he smacks them around until it does.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
I agree there is no need to move him but I think a player like Neil can bring back a significant return (relative to his 3rd/4th line status) under the right circumstances. At the deadline he's the exact kind of player teams are desperate for - for a team that's a few years away from competing he affords an opportunity to return assets - picks and/or prospects - that this organization needs to have.

If no one ultimately wants to overpay keep him but if someone is desperate enough I don't hesitate to pull the trigger - in my mind he's a replaceable asset long term.
Wouldn't bet on it, we couldn't shift him last time he was a deadline UFA.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:39 PM
JoeSakic

I don't honestly believe that Murray was committed to the direction this team needed to go...they subsequently decided blowing it up was the right way to go.

I'm not saying that BM will but I think he'd be wise to investigate.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Afro Thunder*

T Murray just confirmed that everyone expect for Poultony, Bass and Bailey got their QO.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

T Murray also said he spoke to Bass and Potulny and told them they wanted to sign them, but if they felt they had a better chance at getting a 1 way contract elsewhere that they should try. He said it doesn't mean that they won't resign eventually, that in the end they both decide to come back if there's nothing out there they like.

Pancakes Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Alpostrophe
Cynic In Residence

Booyah.

Alpostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
T Murray just confirmed that everyone expect for Poultony, Bass and Bailey got their QO.
Finally heard that on the Scratches but its too late for Tim to try to make it up to me I'm still p!$$ed at him and uncle Bryan for making me squirm since yesterday!

Old
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
TheBandWagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Yeah I just saw Joy's tweet now that Potulny, Bass, and Bailey are being let go so they can find a 1-way deal elsewhere. So, it's not that Potulny has no value, but Murray doesn't feel there's room on this roster. In fact I remember Murray said he was going to make some unpopular moves over the summer - this is definitely one of them imho. Can't wait to see who lands Potsy.
selfish on my part but I really hope him and Bass wind up back on 2 ways. They're great for this team

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote