HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well, that was a first.

Old
06-27-2011, 09:49 PM
HockeyinHD

vCash: 500
Well, that was a first.

So I wanted to check something on Bergfors before I perforated him, and I'm scrolling up and down the ESPN NHL page going '... the hell? Where'd the damn Thrashers page g... oh.'

Are there any pools set up yet for over-unders on Jets wins in 2012?

We need to set something board-specific up that people can use vcash for. Now that all the major sports playoffs are done I don't have anything to bet actual cash on.

I don't have a gambling problem. Bet you 5 bucks I can go a week without gambling.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Freibahlen

Thanks for that.

I hope the club gets made a joke of year in and year out. I cheered the boys on that team once... when they were wearing the right jersey. Through no fault of their own, they are in the wrong jersey now. I had to go back to my favorite club before the Thrashers came... and they are still in the wrong jersey.

Freibahlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
pokerandpucks
Rookie User

Edmonton can't get free agents because it's a small market and it's too cold for the trophy wives once winter hits. Ditto for Calgary. How is Winnipeg supposed to be different?

pokerandpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
HockeyinHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freibahlen View Post
Thanks for that.

I hope the club gets made a joke of year in and year out. I cheered the boys on that team once... when they were wearing the right jersey. Through no fault of their own, they are in the wrong jersey now. I had to go back to my favorite club before the Thrashers came... and they are still in the wrong jersey.
I wonder how aggressive they'll be in the UFA market. They have a boatload of space, and a couple big time signings could make them a playoff contender.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I'll set the bar at 37 wins. I'll go a step farther, and say 35 losses and 10 OTL for 84 points.

I'm not saying this because I'm "bitter" or anything (for the record, I am, but that's not for this thread). I'm saying this because the team lacks organizational depth. Also, TNSE pretty much replaced the front office with unproven AHL personnel.

To be completely honest, I don't foresee Winnipeg being that successful in the near future. They have the mental toughness of a Fabergé egg. It will be interesting to see whether the barn is still selling out if this team sucks in five years.

dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
I wonder how aggressive they'll be in the UFA market. They have a boatload of space, and a couple big time signings could make them a playoff contender.
According to statements made by their new GM, they're not going to spend big. If they spend north of $54M this year, I will be shocked. The Jets will "be as aggressive as is feasible and reasonable," according to Cheveldayoff

Last edited by dj4aces: 06-28-2011 at 01:41 PM.
dj4aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:27 PM
hexrae

Win or lose, I'll be keeping my season tickets as I wouldn't want to be added to the end of an 8,000 long waiting list to re-acquire them. Of course, it's easy to say that now before a puck has dropped on a single game. But it's just as easy as speculating on the future of this franchise 5 years down the road.

hexrae is offline   Reply With Quote