HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If we get Richards, our first line LW should be Dubinsky

Old
06-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Dubinsky is a 1st / 2nd liner. I think he's our best LW so he gets the first look there. If he works with Richards and Gaborik, leave him there. If not, then put him with either Stepan/Anisimov and Cally. He'll be fine in either spot. It's more of a case of do Gabby and Richards need him and do we have enough depth to follow behind that #1 line if Dubinsky is on it?

Here's my (unlikely) dream:

Brunette Richards Gaborik
Dubinsky Stepan Jagr (but more realistically Zuccarello)
Fedotenko Anisimov Callahan
Avery Boyle Prust
Hagelin

I'd be fine with hanging onto Wolski for the time being as well, though. He wouldn't be hard to trade mid-season as he's a UFA-to-be. At the very least, we could get a 4th round pick for him. There's not much need to buy him out unless we make another move that puts us right up against the cap.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 07:13 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post

second, theres no one to go get pucks out of the corners for richards and gaby. i do not, and i repeat, do not want another year like last year where gaborik was trying to be playmaker and puck retriever. cant have it. richards will be the distributor. gaby the finisher. we need a guy like dubinski to do the dirty work, forecheck, finish checks and dig pucks out. hes the chase in dump and chase. without a guy like that on that line, theres not enough bone to go with the fillet.

third, wolski isnt a feature guy. hes a skilled guy but not really a top line guy. let him show off his skills and speed against 2nd pair dmen. his offensive ability gives us another weapon and makes that 2nd line that much more dangerous. i still think wolski has 25 goals in him especially playing with stepan and callahan.

not sure that i've ever said this to you before but i agree with everything i quoted above... well put

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:11 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Laichs just signed 6 years with the Caps. The market keeps getting thinner.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If W2 can do what Zherdev did, which is put up 60 points even while disappearing for stretches and not playing a lick of defense, i'll be pleased with him IF the Anisimov-Callahan part of that line can make up for his lack of grit and two-way play.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:18 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Disagree on both parts. Wolski is a prime example of underrrated IMO.
As for what you said about Prospal, might as well have Kovalev come back for round 3.
Kovalev last season, on perfectly good knees: 64 GP, 34 points
Prospal last season, on a knee taped together with bubble gum: 29 games, 23 points. Nearly a PPG. Down the stretch none the less.

Don't get ahead of yourself.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

there's already a line combos thread. you really had to make a new one just to make your point to everyone?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Garfinkel1

Prospal-Ricahrds-Gaborik - Dirty...
Dubi-AA-Cally - Expect each one of these players to take another stride in their game and another training camp building chemistry
Step-Boyle-Prust - I just really like the idea of this line. Can play in all situations and in my head I can see them fitting each other nicely.
Avery-?!-Wolski - Dirty 4th line... if you want to call them that. Avery and Wolski are clearly not 4th line guys and should be a mis-match to anyone's 4th line. (for the most part)

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
Prospal-Ricahrds-Gaborik - Dirty...
Dubi-AA-Cally - Expect each one of these players to take another stride in their game and another training camp building chemistry
Step-Boyle-Prust - I just really like the idea of this line. Can play in all situations and in my head I can see them fitting each other nicely.
Avery-?!-Wolski - Dirty 4th line... if you want to call them that. Avery and Wolski are clearly not 4th line guys and should be a mis-match to anyone's 4th line. (for the most part)
There is no such thing as a fourth line vs fourth line mismatch. Betts plays the 4th line, i dont think playing against him is a mismatch nor is rookies, welcome to the NHL in the present 4th lines can be as good as 1st lines on any given night. And kno W2 is not a mismatch vs anyone.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:44 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I've been saying it all along. Without a doubt IF we get Richards his wingers should be Dubinsky and Callahan. They most closely resemble his wingers in Dallas of Ericksson and Neal. Gaborik SHOULD NOT be his winger. He should be on a 2nd line with Stepan and AA should be on a 3rd with Boyle as the LW and Feds as the Right. AA taking on a Jordan Staal type role for NYR. We have wingers for Richards, what we need is a winger for Gaborik and Colorado has just the guy. He's fast, he plays wing, he's a UFA, and he's a playmaking winger.

Otherwise we need to make a deal for a high powered winger and there are two teams moving players making them available. We just have to be willing to move a top4 defenseman like Dan Girardi, which sting like alcohol on a wound, but would be worth it to get a guy like Martin Havlat and to a much riskier extent, Ales Hemsky.

Dubi - Richards - Cally
LW - Stepan - Gaborik
Boyle - AA - Feds
Avery - ? - Prust

2 line offensive power - teams can't shutdown two lines.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
SouthJerseyRanger

Why the hell is everyone so eager to break up the Pack Line? When they were together they were easily putting up top line-type numbers... often times playing against the opposition's top defensive pair. In my mind they are two lines you don't break up.

Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

both of these lines were fantastic last year. Keep Stepan with Zucca, put Richards with Gaborik, and fill in the other 2 spots with a combination of Avery, Wolski, Christensen, or a FA pickup or trade.

I see no reason to mess with 2 forward units that showed fantastic chemistry and played great 2 way hockey... especially when neither is projected to be your top scoring line.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote