HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp

Old
06-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The thing with Girardi was mainly because of the Carcillo incident.
I remember being absolutely furious for a day or two, maybe longer. But you watch Girardi with a non-jaundiced eye, and you can't help but see that the good far out ways the bad, IMO.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
dont pat yourself on the back too hard my friend

findind posts by posters jumping all over a slumping player are hardly difficult to come by

anyone who DIDNT have any concerns about girardi and the amount of responsiblilty given to him were just as ridiculous as the ones claiming he was garbage
I'm not sure exactly what you're driving at, but if you look back a few posts (on this very page) you will see:

- I expanded on a point made by another poster
- I was told I was lying
- I dug up the posts that show that I wasn't

I'm not patting myself on the back for finding the post, nor am I claiming it is difficult.

and I don't think there were many who didn't have concerns, but there were those who were rational about his slump, and those who were less than rational.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Anything else today? Or is that it?

06-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Levitate

Excuse me for not realizing you were only talking about a specific portion of users and not painting everyone with the broad brush that your post seemed to indicate

Girardi pissed me off plenty in the past several years and there were times I wouldn't have minded him being moved to upgrade the blueline, because at the time it could have been an upgrade to move him. But I think anyone who thought he was truly awful all the time was crazy

But he took a step forward and had a good, consistent season, which is good for him and the team.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
Every inch matters
if ever there was a "thats what she said" moment....

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Dan Girardi Needs To Go Thread- February 3, 2010

And here's the quote I was referring to:

I've PMed you my mailing address for my hand-written apology.
for the record...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
dont really have that much of a problem with Girardis play, hes cheap, and is a good 2nd or 3rd pairing defenseman whose playing 1st pairing minutes for most of the season. not really his fault. id move him if the right deal comes along, but i dont think we should "get rid of him"

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Good to see him stepping up in the locker room.

Hamonic was very good for the Fishsticks last season. Big, tough kid.

And the trend continues with great kids helping eachother.

VERY good sign.
I see McIlrath has gone from Purinton levels to Strudwick levels. Cool.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:34 PM
PizzaSteak

Does anyone know when full write-ups/analysis of the development camp will be up? I want to start over-hyping ASAP

PizzaSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:42 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The thing with Girardi was mainly because of the Carcillo incident. After that, a lot of people soured on him and every mistake, and every perceived mistake, was magnified. If people don't like a player for whatever reason, they will find things wrong with his game, even if they don't actually exist.

Also, Girardi was coming up for a new contract and these people didn't want to pay him what he was worth. Now a year later, Girardi is coming off his best season as a Ranger and most people now realize that his contract is a bargain.

There are still plenty of people though that throw him into every trade proposal, even though we can't afford to trade him. Just as there are still people who hold a grudge against Dubinsky for his holdout 2 years ago.
Absolutely agree re: the Carcillo thing skewing so many fans' attitude on him. In fact, that thread was made less than 2 weeks after the Gabby/Carcillo incident.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Hopefully, the next level is Belak right...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:50 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
True, and I hope Pashnin can change my mind on him through good play, but right now with a system stuffed with very good d-men prospects I want to see a little more than hitting everything in sight and tiring yourself out.
Huh? At a prospect camp? Because right now he's only at a prospect camp. I think if you're looking to be any more than just a little impressed by any prospect here you are looking for too much. You can take away little things like that pashnin's devensive hockey sense is likely high for him to put himself in perfect position to make so many hits and not get beat...he was also clearly on the worse team which meant he was playing against much better competition alongside weaker teammates. Can't complain that he literally left it all out there on the ice to prove himself here. McI is improved in skating and in overall sense and play. Fasth, thomas, etc these guys score and play well everywhere. hagelin has "jam". etc Little things. This is definitely not even an appetizer it's the bread they give you when you sit down lol. Hopefully they balance out the teams a bit more than they did.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Huh? At a prospect camp? Because right now he's only at a prospect camp. I think if you're looking to be any more than just a little impressed by any prospect here you are looking for too much. You can take away little things like that pashnin's devensive hockey sense is likely high for him to put himself in perfect position to make so many hits and not get beat...he was also clearly on the worse team which meant he was playing against much better competition alongside weaker teammates. Can't complain that he literally left it all out there on the ice to prove himself here. McI is improved in skating and in overall sense and play. Fasth, thomas, etc these guys score and play well everywhere. hagelin has "jam". etc Little things. This is definitely not even an appetizer it's the bread they give you when you sit down lol. Hopefully they balance out the teams a bit more than they did.
I don't want him to show me the good stuff at a prospect camp, but you can glean the type of player he is sorta from what we've seen so far. I wanna see him play in the AHL this year. He's been overtly physical in his time here to get noticed, but by many accounts in Russia he's been less than stellar. I bring it up more because I just don't think Pashnin is as up there in our d-men prospect rankings as some consider.

Just more a mental note of his physical play, not "he sucks because he goes out of position all the time!" or anything like that.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Black Tank

McIlrath needs to go to juniors and then at least one season in Hartford. There is absolutely no need to rush his development - he's a mature kid but still a kid and NHL Dman is a very hard job, much more so than a F.

He also is probably not done filling out and I'd rather he continues making adjustments at the lower levels.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
I wonder what other players lay upon this spectrum...

Purinton -> Strudwick -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> ??? -> Chara
anyone care to take a crack?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post

Purinton -> Strudwick -> ERSKINE-> ORPIK-> ??? -> ??? -> Chara
We can call this the 6 degrees of Chara. I took a quick guess at the next two, though I'd be happy with an Orpik that's bigger and a fighter.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
McIlrath needs to go to juniors and then at least one season in Hartford. There is absolutely no need to rush his development - he's a mature kid but still a kid and NHL Dman is a very hard job, much more so than a F.

He also is probably not done filling out and I'd rather he continues making adjustments at the lower levels.
Marc Staal spent 4 seasons in the AHL much to his benefit. I think McIlrath will similarly benefit for further seasoning. I want to see him take what he learns from development and main camp and see what he can do his final season. Remember how Marc Staal totally went gonzo in his last year (during the playoffs)? 20 points in 21 games - for a d-man! He probably won't be like that but seeing him go 10 points in 21 games and +20 would be nice!

Old
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:

Purinton -> Strudwick -> Erskine -> Gill -> Scuderi -> Orpik -> Chara
Done.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
Purinton -> Strudwick -> ERSKINE-> ORPIK-> ??? -> ??? -> Chara

We can call this the 6 degrees of Chara. I took a quick guess at the next two, though I'd be happy with an Orpik that's bigger and a fighter.
oh, good picks.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Harks

Closed practice/scrimmige? Seems like no-one were there

Interested in Erixon/Lindbergs' performances.

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

So much fun on that thread, here is my contribution -

Quote:
Dylan McIlrath is someone else who could be an option, especially if the Rangers are drafting between 35 & 37. I know he's been projected as a late 1st rounder, but, so were Anisimov and Werek.
Good call!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:37 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Marc Staal spent 4 seasons in the AHL much to his benefit. I think McIlrath will similarly benefit for further seasoning. I want to see him take what he learns from development and main camp and see what he can do his final season. Remember how Marc Staal totally went gonzo in his last year (during the playoffs)? 20 points in 21 games - for a d-man! He probably won't be like that but seeing him go 10 points in 21 games and +20 would be nice!
I know you mean OHL, but the point stands. 1 more year there would probably be good for him, and after next season he'll be 20 with 4 years of major junior under his belt. He can maybe play in the AHL playoffs for hartford, and be 20 with a lot of high level experience under his belt at training camp next season.

Old
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Climb Mcilrath, Climb!

Quote:
Purinton -> Strudwick -> Erskine -> Gill -> Scuderi -> Orpik -> Chara
for the sake of the graphic, i simplified it but this could work! Is there really nothing between Orpik and Chara?

Old
06-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Cmox

Quote:
for the sake of the graphic, i simplified it but this could work! Is there really nothing between Orpik and Chara?

good ****!

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 02:45 PM
allstar3970

Quote:

AWESOME

Old
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Photoshop it to say "CliffRangers" and we have a winner

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote