HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs to Offer Hamrlik a Contract? (Yyyyikes!) (UPD: Offered 1-yr contract post #683)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
There's no way I would be happy with a 2 or 3 year deal for Hamrlik. I'd rather we didn't sign him to be honest, BUT if we end up doing so, it better be a 1 year deal..and cheap.
My guess is 1 year 2.5M$

Old
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
buddahsmoka1

vCash: 500
I'll take Hammer for two years, if it means unloading Spacek this summer.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
There's no way I would be happy with a 2 or 3 year deal for Hamrlik. I'd rather we didn't sign him to be honest, BUT if we end up doing so, it better be a 1 year deal..and cheap.
Why do people keep mention this as if there is a 2 year deal on the table. Habs offered a 1 year deal, Hammer wants 2 or more and so hasn't signed the deal.

People keep acting like PG has thrown Hammer a multi year offer when we've had multiple reports come from both Hammer and his agent that he only received a one year offer.

Old
06-28-2011, 03:43 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I'll take Hammer for two years, if it means unloading Spacek this summer.
Replace one 35+ contract with another? Just what we need.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:01 PM
coolasprICE

1 yr deal for Ham?

Let me guess - 3.5 mil ...*facepalm

Old
06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
1 yr deal for Ham?

I think he would have snap signed a $3.5m offer. If PG offered him $3m and he's taking this long to sign it, I'm gonna snap. $2.5m max on a 1 yr deal imo.

Hammer, please turn it down so PG can give the money to the Wiz.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
1 yr deal for Ham?

dont trust the source, Hammer will not re-sign with the Habs...

book it ?

Old
06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Why don't you look at the bigger picture, instead of sitting there with tunnel vision fixated on something ********.

Hammer can still play and has decent mobility, good 5 on 5. Two years of him gives us time to develop Emelin, Weber, Subban and other d prospects. Gill and Spacek both come off the books next year, and so would Hammer, which would be not good for the re-working of the defense.

Every single contending team has stop-gaps and experience on the back end, EVERY SINGLE ONE. It really is remarkable the irrational dislike for experienced journeymen on this board, they are invaluable to the durability and consistency of a playoff NHL club.

Swapping Hammer for Spacek, and adding another year, is a move in the right direction. But continue to look at the ages of players, like that is the only indicator of strength(in your delusional mind).

Old
06-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Andy

haven't you guys learned to stop believing crap you read on twitter

Old
06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Enough is enough. If a source is CENSORED (*********) then it obviously ISN'T a valid/reliable source.

Also, don't say "someone is saying so and so got signed/traded". Post the link and then us mods will decide if it's valid or not.

06-28-2011, 04:08 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Hammer is a lot better than Spacek...

Old
06-28-2011, 04:09 PM
billy piton

Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund
Checking to see if Hamrlik has re-upped with Canadiens. Stay tuned.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
habspinner

Rumor me this rumor me that.

This should be a lively place from here until the end of July 1st.

None of those sources are legit though, ************* is such crappola - I think they are batting under .050 - Actually not even sure I have ever seen them get anything right.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
I dont mind signing hammer to a 1 year deal in the 3 mil range....the UFA class this year sucks for defensemen.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Gainey#1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post

I really hope he wants a long term deal and turns us down. All translations by google translate.
We can only hope...

Old
06-28-2011, 04:16 PM
shutehinside

I don't see how Hmr can get more than what Bieksa, Pitkanan etc are getting as they're all much better then he is at this moment. I like Hmr and I think he's been good for us but I'd MUCH rather have that money go to Wiz than Hmr. I hope he does not sign and we can get Wiz AND another top 6 to fill out our roster.
Why are we even making an offer to Hamr? If we are, shouldn't it be around as much as Gill is getting, somewhere $2.25-$2.5 area?

Old
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I don't see how Hmr can get more than what Bieksa, Pitkanan etc are getting as they're all much better then he is at this moment. I like Hmr and I think he's been good for us but I'd MUCH rather have that money go to Wiz than Hmr. I hope he does not sign and we can get Wiz AND another top 6 to fill out our roster.
Why are we even making an offer to Hamr? If we are, shouldn't it be around as much as Gill is getting, somewhere $2.25-$2.5 area?
Where are you even getting this from?

Old
06-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Talks to Goalposts

I think Hamrlik will look to go to July 1st and see whats out there. If someone offers what he wants, then he jumps ship. If there isn't anything worth his while then he accepts PG's presumably low-ball offer.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Zorba

Because its Gauthier and Gainey running the team. They like old decrepit d man that cant move. Good luck with playoffs next year!

Old
06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Habs514

I really don't think he will sign with us before July 1. He really wants 2 years and will probably check to see what other offers he can receive. He would be good insurance for our D.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Enough is enough. If a source is CENSORED (*********) then it obviously ISN'T a valid/reliable source.

Also, don't say "someone is saying so and so got signed/traded". Post the link and then us mods will decide if it's valid or not.
lololol that's why I love you

On topic: I'm not sure any team is willing to give him a multi-years contract... His best bet would be to accept the deal, if he really likes it here.

At 2,25M$, I'd take him back.

Over 3M$ I'm raging.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:22 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Why don't you look at the bigger picture, instead of sitting there with tunnel vision fixated on something ********.

Hammer can still play and has decent mobility, good 5 on 5. Two years of him gives us time to develop Emelin, Weber, Subban and other d prospects. Gill and Spacek both come off the books next year, and so would Hammer, which would be not good for the re-working of the defense.

Every single contending team has stop-gaps and experience on the back end, EVERY SINGLE ONE. It really is remarkable the irrational dislike for experienced journeymen on this board, they are invaluable to the durability and consistency of a playoff NHL club.

Swapping Hammer for Spacek, and adding another year, is a move in the right direction. But continue to look at the ages of players, like that is the only indicator of strength(in your delusional mind).
35+ contracts are one of the biggest handicaps you can give yourself. There is zero, and I mean absolutely zero, reason to give Hammer a multi-year deal instead of a one year deal. Whatever amount you might save (500k?) offering him a couple of years pales in comparison to the ability to a) re-evaluate his role on a year-to-year basis, b) have the flexibility mid-season to bury him if he plays his way out of the lineup or if a trade opportunity comes up, and c) protect yourself if Hammer decides to hang them up at a moments notice.

If we were that concerned about saving 500k we would of sent Laraque to Wheeling rather than do him the favor of buying him out.

Journeymen are what they are, the moment you start giving them term on their contracts is when they stop being journeymen and start posing the risk for problems down the road.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:24 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Hammer is a lot better than Spacek...
But thankfully Spacek comes off the books in 12 months. Giving Hammer 2-3 years could turn him into another Spacek disaster come next off-season.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:25 PM
billy piton

Quote:
35+ contracts are one of the biggest handicaps you can give yourself. There is zero, and I mean absolutely zero, reason to give Hammer a multi-year deal instead of a one year deal. Whatever amount you might save (500k?) offering him a couple of years pales in comparison to the ability to a) re-evaluate his role on a year-to-year basis, b) have the flexibility mid-season to bury him if he plays his way out of the lineup or if a trade opportunity comes up, and c) protect yourself if Hammer decides to hang them up at a moments notice.

If we were that concerned about saving 500k we would of sent Laraque to Wheeling rather than do him the favor of buying him out.
bgl had a nmc

don't like multi-year 35+ contracts, tho.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
lololol that's why I love you

On topic: I'm not sure any team is willing to give him a multi-years contract... His best bet would be to accept the deal, if he really likes it here.

At 2,25M$, I'd take him back.

Over 3M$ I'm raging.
Considering it's a 1 year deal, I'd be very suprised if Hammer signs for less than 3M. He made 5.5 last year and had one of his best seasons as a hab last year. I wouldn't have any problem giving around 3.5M TBH.

The only thing that I really wish is getting rid of Spacek.

Closed Thread