HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs to Offer Hamrlik a Contract? (Yyyyikes!) (UPD: Offered 1-yr contract post #683)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I'm so rattled that we didn't even make Wisniewski an offer.

Trust me - we will regret not re-signing the Wiz.

Markov will break like glass again, and Hammer, Gill and Spacek are one year older. Gorges provides zero offense, as will Emelin. Can't see Weber making a huge impact offensively. Teams will be on to PK.

If we don't address the top 6 with an ELITE forward, we will struggle towards mediocrity yet again.

Wisniewski was on pace for a 50-60 point season. How do you replace that???

FRICK!
How do you know they didn't? They were reported to be in negotiations with Wisniewski earlier in the off-season. With the secrecy fetish of this organization there could be continual negotiations with him that aren't reported.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
JimmyDarmody

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Another avenue to take if you want to increase your mobility is to trade Gorges. Here is a guy who isn't particularly mobile(and coming off a knee injury to boot). Difference is, he is actually a viable trading asset to get something valuable in return.

Move Spacek and Gorges, sign Hammer and Wiz(or sign someone like Erhoff, or make a move for a mobile puck moving defensemen) and you are left with something like this:

Markov-Subban
Hammer-Wiz(or something comparable)
Gill-Emelin
Weber

Looks quite mobile and strong to me.
You don't even need to move Gorges really. Just get rid of Spacek.

Sign Wiz at 5 for 25 with a NTC for the first 3 years.

Depending on what type of salary Hammer is looking at, and Gorges to some extent, keeping these guys is possible.

Markov-Wiz/Subban
Hammer-Subban/Wiz
Gill-Gorges
Emelin/Weber

I would consider that an elite defensive unit. Great PP and PK pairings too. Along with potential elite goaltending it goes a long way in mitigating what's clearly an anemic group of forwards.

Closed Thread