HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards Traded To LA For Schenn, Simmonds, 2nd, and Toronto Trade Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The breakout season by Giroux made all this possible. Flyers have Giroux-Briere-Schenn down the middle now which is still a great top 9 center group that should put up great offense, but they lose a bit on the defensive side of things. Certainly an interesting turn of events to say the least. This will be fun to study 5 years from now.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
06-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
Ah, okay. Thanks.
Here you go:

Old
06-28-2011, 03:35 PM
eleventy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Here you go:

Old
06-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

Old
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizou View Post
Wow, that's tough to see! When do the Kings hold a press conference for Richards? Are they waiting until after July 1 so when we sign someone, we only had to hold one with all new players?

Old
06-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Both guys were traded because they lost the dressing room. Mike Richards is an amazing player, and a great guy, but his silent off ice captain role didn't help the team when things started going down south, and he never was able to get them turned around. That is the reason both are not in the Flyers lineup now, simple as that.
I think that the Flyers sh!tty goaltending situation might be a bigger reason why things started going south for them. How many goalies did the Flyers use during the playoffs? It became a running joke. But of course certain fans like you are going to point your fingers at a scapegoat.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Alternate Jersey

Quote:
it burns! it burns!
simmonds does not look happy, at all. maybe he misses doughty already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think that the Flyers sh!tty goaltending situation might be a bigger reason why things started going south for them. How many goalies did the Flyers use during the playoffs? It became a running joke. But of course certain fans like you are going to point your fingers at a scapegoat.
i agree. i don't know much about the locker room argument, but when i heard that bryzgalov had signed in PHI, it made sense in my brain that they were trying to clear up some salary to land a good goalie. it really was a running joke, and i think it only got worse in this year's playoffs.

Old
06-28-2011, 04:49 PM
gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
And if they DON'T win the SC in the next two years, will you care? Because that is the window in which this trade looks good. After that, I'd rather be a Flyers fan because they are more likely to win it before the Kings.
Are you under the impression that Richards is like 35 years old or something?

Old
06-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Got this from Playmaker over on LGK...

I dare someone to post this on the flyers board...

Last edited by Cook24: 06-28-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old
06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Kings man 4 life

Simmonds looks grumpy lol

Old
06-28-2011, 05:01 PM
SMoneyMonkey

It doesn't matter if Schenn and Simmonds will be better in two years. I rather have a great shot at the cup for the next two years+ than have an okay shot at the cup for the next two years than (if Schenn works out) a great shot at it from then on. Two for one trades seem to confuse people. We lost Schenn and Simmonds and got a developed Schenn. This doesn't mean we can't replace Simmonds. It's not like we're not allowed to have a third line right winger from now on because we traded ours.

The only way the Flyers will have won this trade in two years is if one of Schenn or Simmonds, individually, is better than Richards. Two years is more than enough time to replace a third liner through UFA/Prospect.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:02 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Simmonds sounded bummed.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
Simmonds sounded bummed.
We should all be bummed!

I wish he as still a King. I think he's a few years from being a scary scary player. 50pt player (maybe) who levels people. I've always wondered just how many pts he'd have it he ever got some PP time! ...

You never know... maybe we'll see the return one of these days.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Martyros

Maybe this is cuz i'm a kings fan, but BOTH simmonds and Schenn felt incredibly bummed......meanwhile Voracek seemed excited cause ya know....he's no longer in Ohio and has a better shot at the cup....

Old
06-28-2011, 05:17 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Maybe this is cuz i'm a kings fan, but BOTH simmonds and Schenn felt incredibly bummed......meanwhile Voracek seemed excited cause ya know....he's no longer in Ohio and has a better shot at the cup....

Love everyone taking shots at Ohio.

Old
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

Still hurts. Wish them the best.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Simmonds does look good in the orange though, they'll both fit in nicely there.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:34 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Here you go:
Thanks for posting that. I'm going to miss #17 and it seems like he's not to happy either. As for Schenn, he looked odd when he talked because the microphone completely blocked his mouth.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
New AV, feels good man

Old
06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Now they've (questionably) solved their goaltending problem while creating two gaping holes on their first line. Hopefully Schenn can replace Richards some day but that's a lot of hoping.
By all accounts, Hartnell-Briere-Leino was Philadelphia's first line. You could consider Richards' line a 2A/2B, with Carter switching between those two lines. The "hole" that was created can now be filled by an increase in ice time of JVR and Giroux, and the additions of Simmonds and Versteeg (He'll find his way onto the Hartnell-Briere line if I had to guess). No one truly knows what Schenn will do next season, but I don't think it's far fetched to say he'll at least be an effective complementary player.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:45 PM
alx83*

I also forgot to mention Voracek, and I can't edit posts currently.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:05 PM
jml87

As a former Flyers fan, I can tell you that if the Flyers organization realized that they needed an actual goaltender in front of the net Richards would have brought a championship to Philly by now. In fact, the Flyers had a goaltender anywhere close to the caliber of Quick or Bernier in the past 20 years, there's no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't be stranded in a 35 year Cup drought.

Richards was an awesome player who played through injury and constant criticism. He was a big part of the playoff run last year including the 4 game comeback against Boston. Last year he played the majority of the year with wingers that included the likes of Nodl, Carcillo, Powe, and Versteeg and he still netted 66 points. In the beginning of this season, JVR was slumping big time and vastly underperforming. They put him on a line with Richards (of course JVR was on a new line as soon as he figured things out) and now the organization considers him a replacement for the likes of Jeff Carter.

So what if he annoyed the media, he played his butt off on the ice every night. He deserved a lot better than what he got from Philadelphia. Only wish I was closer to LA so I could come to a game, but I now consider myself a Kings fan. I refuse to root for a team who not only constantly kicks me in the balls but kicks my favorite players' in the balls too. Can't wait to watch a team who takes the goaltender position seriously.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Got this from Playmaker over on LGK...

I dare someone to post this on the flyers board...

I really wish I hadn't seen this. That hurts.

Old
06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
As a former Flyers fan, I can tell you that if the Flyers organization realized that they needed an actual goaltender in front of the net Richards would have brought a championship to Philly by now. In fact, the Flyers had a goaltender anywhere close to the caliber of Quick or Bernier in the past 20 years, there's no doubt in my mind that they wouldn't be stranded in a 35 year Cup drought.

Richards was an awesome player who played through injury and constant criticism. He was a big part of the playoff run last year including the 4 game comeback against Boston. Last year he played the majority of the year with wingers that included the likes of Nodl, Carcillo, Powe, and Versteeg and he still netted 66 points. In the beginning of this season, JVR was slumping big time and vastly underperforming. They put him on a line with Richards (of course JVR was on a new line as soon as he figured things out) and now the organization considers him a replacement for the likes of Jeff Carter.

So what if he annoyed the media, he played his butt off on the ice every night. He deserved a lot better than what he got from Philadelphia. Only wish I was closer to LA so I could come to a game, but I now consider myself a Kings fan. I refuse to root for a team who not only constantly kicks me in the balls but kicks my favorite players' in the balls too. Can't wait to watch a team who takes the goaltender position seriously.

Welcome aboard.

Nice chunk of insight too. You will find that our placing a very high priority on building from the goaltender out came with our current Gm along with our build from within position too. It was that position that allowed to be lucky enough to pick up a player the caliber of MR and I can't wait to see him on the ice for us.

Welcome aboard.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Pretty pumped to watch @MRichie18 in training camp. Would it be weird if I got his autograph? #imafan2 minutes agovia Twitter for iPhone
RayK71

Ray Kaunisto

Closed Thread