HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Je suis… Senator?!?

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This ^^^^^ is why I continue to say that the Habs have not won the Cup in so long that a lot of fans are happy with mediocrity.

We made the playoffs two seasons ago and lost before making the SCF.
We made the playoffs last season and were eliminated in the first round.

These results are good??????
The opinion that making the finals, or winning the cup, is the only criteria by which management can be evaluated, is a very stupid opinion.

Quote:
Whatever happened to winning a Cup being the standard for a season? Or hell, even making it to the Finals?
We're no longer in the '70?

Old
06-28-2011, 06:06 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
This ^^^^^ is why I continue to say that the Habs have not won the Cup in so long that a lot of fans are happy with mediocrity.

Whatever happened to winning a Cup being the standard for a season? Or hell, even making it to the Finals?
So by your logic, 28 nhl teams suck? one is good and the other one is great?

Old
06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

Dude, the 70's are over. There is 30 teams in the NHL now, and there is a salary cap to enforce parity. At best, we can regulary make the playoffs, but don't expect to make the SCF on a regular basis.

Winning the Cup is a much grander achievement than it was, just because the competition is much more active now than it was. We are also a lot more limited in our possibilities.

So get back on earth and stop having silly standards that ensure that you will never be happy.

Gee, it's like saying a guy shouldnt be happy with a girl unless she's at least as cute as Megan Fox, for frak sake.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
Gee, it's like saying a guy shouldnt be happy with a girl unless she's at least as cute as Megan Fox, for frak sake.
Well, you know, it's not because some people are OK with mediocrity that I will! :foreveralone:

Old
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

this is what we call a false statement.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:17 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Well, you know, it's not because some people are OK with mediocrity that I will! :foreveralone:

The point is, you shouldn't have silly goals in the way of your happiness.

I want to see the Habs give us cool match night after night, be competitive and play with heart and skill. I'd rather see them play hard and lose excitingly than see them win a game against the Panthers.

Old
06-28-2011, 06:32 PM
icerocket

Quote:

The 70s called.

They want you back.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
and calling some people a heard is mature... right.
I'm not calling people a heard, I'm comparing some people to one, following each other for popularity, to be accepted. As you can see, I'm not here for a popularity contest. If some of my topics offend, I've done my job. It means that I've hit a sensible cord and there is something that's bothering people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
I just love how everybody calls you out on your ******** and you still find time to throw ******** reasons why everybody is wrong and you're right.

This thread, is like masturbation for my brain...
More like premature ejaculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
While I don't completely disagree, I still think the article is a little to one sided and misleading. It mentions nothing of the fact that Wiz had to be acquired if not the team was not making the playoffs without some more offense from the back-end. As mentioned many a time, Sergei K would likely not have produced like that with the habs. I could go on but there is no point. In the end there have been some bad asset management and I would prefer another coach but all I can do is hope for the best and that some of the guys rebound and the offense produces like it should next year.
Ahhh... so refreshing to see that there are still respectful people on HF Boards!

For the record, I fully agree that it's not showing the good sides. Having said that, the purpose of the blog was not to paint a complete picture of Gauthier's work and I've admitted to that from the beginning. I had simply noticed that Gauthier seemed to have given a lot of assets in the short time that he's been GM and the team has nothing to show for those assets already. I think I've accomplished what I was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Glad to see the glass is still half empty, Trixie.

SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A DRINK.
Like some whine with that Chezz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I respect the fact that he made a blog and has the passion as well. All I'm saying is if all you're going to do is bash the team you apparently love and it's management, said passion is clearly misplaced.

I'm not saying he can't be bias, I'm not saying he can't have his opinion, but back it up.
What do you want me to back up exactly? I've stated that it wasn't a picture of the entire work by Gauthier but rather a feeling that I had, feeling that he was giving tons of assets and nothing to show for in the long run. The backing up is in the blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Martin's results with the Habs are good.

Stop over-analyzing.
I find ironic to read someone saying to stop over-analyzing when that's exactly what people are doing by breaking down each trade Gauthier made, one by one, analyzing them, trying to justify them.

I personally don't like the work Martin has done so far... and while it will be seen as "management bashing" (see if I care), it's an opinion that's fully debatable.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:33 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'm not calling people a heard, I'm comparing some people to one, following each other for popularity, to be accepted. As you can see, I'm not here for a popularity contest. If some of my topics offend, I've done my job. It means that I've hit a sensible cord and there is something that's bothering people.

More like premature ejaculation.

Ahhh... so refreshing to see that there are still respectful people on HF Boards!

For the record, I fully agree that it's not showing the good sides. Having said that, the purpose of the blog was not to paint a complete picture of Gauthier's work and I've admitted to that from the beginning. I had simply noticed that Gauthier seemed to have given a lot of assets in the short time that he's been GM and the team has nothing to show for those assets already. I think I've accomplished what I was looking for.

Like some whine with that Chezz?

What do you want me to back up exactly? I've stated that it wasn't a picture of the entire work by Gauthier but rather a feeling that I had, feeling that he was giving tons of assets and nothing to show for in the long run. The backing up is in the blog.

I find ironic to read someone saying to stop over-analyzing when that's exactly what people are doing by breaking down each trade Gauthier made, one by one, analyzing them, trying to justify them.

I personally don't like the work Martin has done so far... and while it will be seen as "management bashing" (see if I care), it's an opinion that's fully debatable.
wait a minute. First you admit that you did not painted a proper picture of the situation before making your jugement call, thu invalidating the point you were starting to make, merely relying on biased opinions to base your "feeling", but then the only constructive thing you find to do is attacking somebody else's argumentative skill, which are a tad hypocritical, but are still in the realm of "Interesting" compared to yours?

Old
06-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
wait a minute. First you admit that you did not painted a proper picture of the situation before making your jugement call, thu invalidating the point you were starting to make, merely relying on biased opinions to base your "feeling", but then the only constructive thing you find to do is attacking somebody else's argumentative skill, which are a tad hypocritical, but are still in the realm of "Interesting" compared to yours?
What? You either misunderstood what I'm saying or your reading skills need some work buddy!

I didn't say that I wasn't painting a proper picture, I've said that I was not trying to paint a complete picture of Gauthier's work as a whole. See the difference? No? That's okay.

My judgement call was the fact that I felt that he was giving a lot of future assets while showing nothing in return in the long run. What is it that I didn't prove?

Old
06-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread