HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

As the blue black wind howls

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 01:48 PM
mamettt

vCash: 500
As the blue black wind howls

outside my dorm, I am conflicted by a number of issues. First of all, the yankees-marlins are playing tonight, and many a 'new yorker will be watching it. I have been invited to go to a number of drinking facilities(bars, I believe their called) to watch. And as mighty tempting as this proposition is, and it surely is, another game beckons me forward. Big night tonight in oiler land, and I am eager to see who will win. So the question than is, should I watch the world series, or sit around my lousy laptop and strain to hear rod phillips, 3000 miles away, scream and yell. Is it even a contest? Go oilers!

Semenov will play well, and I hope and pray that salo is stellar, because were going to need every damn bit of help we can get. Reasoner and Horcoff should have there hands full, and the defense better buckle down, hit the man, and get the puck out of the zone. Tonight we can see just how good we really are. Laraque has to show up for games like these, because we need physicality; Smyth and Smith have to show up for games like these, because they are the leaders of this team; Brewer has to show up for games like these, for he is our #1; and yes, even hemsky has to show. In fact, everybody has to show up tonight if were going to win. It's that simple. Roll 4 lines, be physical, check hard. Let's go.

BTW, how did isbister look against BUF? I only got the boxscore and was wondering who he played with/how we'll he looks.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:06 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Mammett ... let me get this staight. You are:

- Living in the city that doesn't sleep.
- Living on campus (sounds like Columbia by your past emails about tuition costs).
- Being tempted by social interaction at 'bars' often frequented by beautiful babies.
- In NYC on the first night of the World Series - the city will be crazy.

And you choose to stay in your dorm room and listen to the Oilers game on radio. If this was a mid term exam, I would fail you with a F.

I admire your team loyalty but, for gosh sake, these are your college days. Go out. Hunt and Gather.

P.S. Isbister looked okay in the Buffalo game. Overall, he has looked quite good in the games I've seen. Now get out!

Old
10-18-2003, 02:10 PM
momentai

"One among you will shortly perish."

Old
10-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Oi'll say!

There has to be a bar somewhere in Gotham that will be able to show hnic on a small screen in the back corner with the volume turned off. Or catch the sattelite feed from a Colorado station.

It's Saturday night man, get the hell out of your room!

Old
10-18-2003, 02:15 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Que est-ce que f'rak?

Old
10-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Digger12

Quote:
You know you've played too much Chrono Trigger when...

Old
10-18-2003, 02:31 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
You know you've played too much Chrono Trigger when...
Hey now. If you can recognize it, then what does it say about you? Hi pot. I'm kettle. :p

Classic line, though. It's been about 6 years since I've played that game and I still remember. One of the best games from my youth.

Old
10-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Hey now. If you can recognize it, then what does it say about you? Hi pot. I'm kettle. :p

Classic line, though. It's been about 6 years since I've played that game and I still remember. One of the best games from my youth.
Ooo, low blow.

I last played that about 3 years ago...guess I'm still in my youth.

Top 3 all time console RPG IMHO.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:40 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Ooo, low blow.

I last played that about 3 years ago...guess I'm still in my youth.

Top 3 all time console RPG IMHO.
To me it's #1. As a 12 year old, that game was absolutely amazing to me when I first played. I still have it to this day.

Old
10-18-2003, 09:45 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
As tough as it must be for him to stay home and not prowel the town - I commend his loyalty!!!!! Fans like you deserve to have a way to watch EVERY game - NHL needs something similar to what the MLB has where you can watch the games online!

Old
10-18-2003, 09:46 PM
jadeddog

umm im in university as well, and as far as im concerned a night watching/listening to the oilers is a thousand times better than "just another night at the bar"

Old
10-18-2003, 11:33 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
umm im in university as well, and as far as im concerned a night watching/listening to the oilers is a thousand times better than "just another night at the bar"
Just keep tellin' yourself that. Sux to be broke, don't it?

Old
10-19-2003, 09:17 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Just keep tellin' yourself that. Sux to be broke, don't it?
lol.... yes it does.... but a hockey game is still beter than the bar anyday (not including birthdays, stag parties or old friends being in town).... i had my fill of the bar scene by the time i was 22

Old
10-19-2003, 09:41 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
lol.... yes it does.... but a hockey game is still beter than the bar anyday (not including birthdays, stag parties or old friends being in town).... i had my fill of the bar scene by the time i was 22
I'm going to have to agree with you here. I'm am 22 today , in my 4th year of university. I have found the hockey scene to be much more entertaining than the bar scene for almost 2 years. I went to the bar to see the hot honeys and possibly pick one up. About 3 years ago, almost to the day, I met the girl (woman, if you will) I am dating now (and have been for two and half years). We met during intramural hockey, and I find an evening watching HNIC with her, or friends, or both, to be much more invigurating than drinking myself silly and paying $4/drink at the bar.

P.S. Thanks to the hockey gods that the NHL (Nipissing Hockey League that is) finally starts today!!! I've missed playing sooooo much.

Closed Thread