HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamrlik has refused 1 yr offer. (post #363)

Old
06-28-2011, 07:54 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
I'm pregnant with anticipation.
You need to come to terms that nothing exciting will happen.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
LOL @ the Isles.
I think they might actually surprise people and sign the guy

He was offered 23M$ over 5 years by a team that just went to the finals and he said no...
He's in for the money and I could see Long Island throwing a boatload of money at him.

Bobby12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:00 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
I think they might actually surprise people and sign the guy

He was offered 23M$ over 5 years by a team that just went to the finals and he said no...
He's in for the money and I could see Long Island throwing a boatload of money at him.
100% with you. He turned down a good offer from a stacked team, clearly it is not about #winning

Elliot Friedman thinks Islanders would have to offer 6 million per season to make him sign.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
What are those 3 options?

If you are referring to UFA players the habs could sign, what happens if they miss out and some desperate team offers Hamrlik a 2-year $9mil deal? There is nothing on the FA market and what there is will be overpaid.

It's clear you don't like Hamrlik, but on a one-year deal he's much better than nothing or an extreme overpayment.
The 3 obviously better options are Wiz, Ehrhoff, and Kaberle. Even guys like Salo are preferable. We need a top 4 dman, and that's not something Hamrlik brings. If we had a hole in our bottom 6 and he was willing to play for around 2.5, I would say sure, but we don't, so its best to just say thank you for 4 years of hard work, but its time we go in a different direction.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Count of DannyKristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The 3 obviously better options are Wiz, Ehrhoff, and Kaberle. Even guys like Salo are preferable. We need a top 4 dman, and that's not something Hamrlik brings. If we had a hole in our bottom 6 and he was willing to play for around 2.5, I would say sure, but we don't, so its best to just say thank you for 4 years of hard work, but its time we go in a different direction.
This team does not need Ehrhoff. He's going to make 5.5+ million and our PP is in good hands.

Wizniewski is another story, he's a proven fit. With no supply to meet the demand out there, he will be overpaid. I'd sooner say goodbye than pay him the cash he will command long-term.

Kaberle? No thanks.

Count of DannyKristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
This team does not need Ehrhoff. He's going to make 5.5+ million and our PP is in good hands.

Wizniewski is another story, he's a proven fit. With no supply to meet the demand out there, he will be overpaid. I'd sooner say goodbye than pay him the cash he will command long-term.

Kaberle? No thanks.
Kaberle is much better than Hamrlik. He had a bad stretch with Boston, but don't be fooled, he is better than Hammer.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Kaberle is much better than Hamrlik. He had a bad stretch with Boston, but don't be fooled, he is better than Hammer.
Offensively, yes.
Defensively, no.
Effort, no.
Leadership, no.

Hammer vs Wis, Kaberle and Ehroff won't be in the same $$$ ballpark.

Also, when did Salo become more of a top 4 defenseman than Hamrlik?
What more has Salo done? He has a harder slapshot???

Old
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapshots View Post
Offensively, yes.
Defensively, no.
Effort, no.
Leadership, no.

Hammer vs Wis, Kaberle and Ehroff won't be in the same $$$ ballpark.

Also, when did Salo become more of a top 4 defenseman than Hamrlik?
What more has Salo done? He has a harder slapshot???

Salo overall is not better than Hamrlik, however he is a better skater, positional player and yes, the slap shot. Injury concerns basically make him a last resort though.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:46 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Salo overall is not better than Hamrlik, however he is a better skater, positional player and yes, the slap shot. Injury concerns basically make him a last resort though.
Salo is not a better positional player than Hamrlik.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:51 PM
tollb2

Awweee Sal is going to have a heart attack

Condition for a jagr signing ?

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Kaberle like Wisniewski will end up overpaid on a weak UFA market.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Yes, the guy who was a number 1/number 2 defender on the 6th place team in the East is not worthy to be a top 4 defender next season. There are teams where Hamrlik would be number two out there. For next season, of the top of my head I'd take him before the 2nd defender on Toronto, Ottawa, New Jersey, NYI (unless Erhoff signs), New Jersey, Carolina and Florida. Short of the strong groups in Pittsburg and Philadelphia, there isn't a top-4 in the East he couldn't crack.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Alright, discussion is really over now...

Old
06-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
LOL @ the Isles.
Maybe, but I'm 100% that Ernhoff would of signed with us just for the possibility of playing on the pp with Markov and get his 20+ goals a season.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Bobby12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Maybe, but I'm 100% that Ernhoff would of signed with us just for the possibility of playing on the pp with Markov and get his 20+ goals a season.
He can get that with Streit...

Old
06-28-2011, 09:27 PM
The Doors

Hamrlik is steady as a rock. He also has a strong pimp hand. This place is going to be a ****show if he signs for anything over 3 million. Which is stupid considering Spacek snagged 3.8 a couple of years ago.

Hope he's back to mentor Weber, Diaz, and Emelin along.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Yes, the guy who was a number 1/number 2 defender on the 6th place team in the East is not worthy to be a top 4 defender next season. There are teams where Hamrlik would be number two out there. For next season, of the top of my head I'd take him before the 2nd defender on Toronto, Ottawa, New Jersey, NYI (unless Erhoff signs), New Jersey, Carolina and Florida. Short of the strong groups in Pittsburg and Philadelphia, there isn't a top-4 in the East he couldn't crack.
Not a single team you named is a contender, or even a playoff team. Thank you for proving my point.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
I don't think you know what 100% means

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Hamrlik is steady as a rock. He also has a strong pimp hand. This place is going to be a ****show if he signs for anything over 3 million. Which is stupid considering Spacek snagged 3.8 a couple of years ago.

Hope he's back to mentor Weber, Diaz, and Emelin along.
Any opinion of a defenseman that mentions the strength of his pimp hand gets a from me.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I think the PP is set, Markov and Subban.. and thats the main reason why we didnt resign Wiz.. Diaz will become a pretty good defenseman for us and should be able to play on the 2nd PP wave soon.. and Erhoff isnt the type of defenseman we need, too soft and too costy

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
durojean

the way i see it

Markov Emelin veteran plus young
Subban Gill
Hamrlik Weber

Now you ve got Gorges Spacek and Diaz on the outside looking in.

Gorges or Weber or both of them could have a good value around the league and are de logical choices to be traded.

The ufa crop is poor this year, so we can't really find a good top 6 within it.

Best option is a trade.

My point : I'm more than okay signing Hamrlik for next year, but a trade for a top 6 winger better be coming with it. Or maybe for a first round draft pick for next year.

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

If Hammer signs i have trouble understanding how people think Wiz is coming back.

Markov
Subban
Gorges
Hammer
Gill
Spacek
Yemelin
Weber
+Diaz

Game over, thanks for playing. Even if we got rid of Spacek, i still wouldn't want to re-sign Wiz. I want to see Weber and Yemelin come into their own. I'm already worried that come opening night we're going to have to figure out what to do with Weber and Yemelin.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Not a single team you named is a contender, or even a playoff team. Thank you for proving my point.
Thank you for not reading my point. He's a top 4 on almost every team in the East right now which is dirrectly contrary to what you said about him not being at top 4 player anymore. He's also good enough to be a top-2 on a non-contender, showing that he's not at top 4 by the skin of his teeth. On a good playoff team he's a 3-4.

Old
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
That's because he mentioned him being a top 2 on them. Nobody is suggesting Hammer should be a top 2 over here. We're saying top 4 and for a true luxury, a bottom pair.
He could be top 4 today with us. He could be one also in Philly, Detroit and even Boston.
Having him as a 5th-6th D would mean great depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
If Hammer signs i have trouble understanding how people think Wiz is coming back.

Markov
Subban
Gorges
Hammer
Gill
Spacek
Yemelin
Weber
+Diaz

Game over, thanks for playing. Even if we got rid of Spacek, i still wouldn't want to re-sign Wiz. I want to see Weber and Yemelin come into their own. I'm already worried that come opening night we're going to have to figure out what to do with Weber and Yemelin.
I think if that happens, and we also re-sign Wiz or another top PMD on open market, it means Gauthier will be packaging something along the lines of Spacek+Weber.
I don't see how we could start with 9 Dmen of that caliber on our team.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's because he mentioned him being a top 2 on them. Nobody is suggesting Hammer should be a top 2 over here. We're saying top 4 and for a true luxury, a bottom pair.
He could be top 4 today with us. He could be one also in Philly, Detroit and even Boston.
Having him as a 5th-6th D would mean great depth.
Especially Boston, he's basically equal to Seidenberg.