HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #4

View Poll Results: Who is the #4 Rangers prospect?
Jesper Fasth 1 0.76%
Carl Hagelin 7 5.34%
Christian Thomas 88 67.18%
Mats Zuccarello 16 12.21%
Dylan Mcilrath 18 13.74%
J.T. Miller 1 0.76%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-28-2011, 09:53 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Zuccarello, ad Valentenko.

06-28-2011, 10:00 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Kind of surprised that Miller doesn't get one vote. True, I didn't vote for him either...but will people really vote for MZA and Hagelin over him in the next round?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I am not really disappointed. I will vote for Zuccarello in the next round. I think he'll win it. Being a #5 prospect on a team with one of the best prospect lists is not bad at all.
Agreed MZA will be my next vote. He didn't even play bad for a "Rookie" last season, he put up his fair share of points and looked good out there at times. Most rookies struggle with consistency so it doesn't worry me at all.

Reading he was working with a good skating instructor all summer instead of returning overseas shows how much he wants it, and I think he will fit very nicely on the 2nd or 3rd line next season.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Kind of surprised that Miller doesn't get one vote. True, I didn't vote for him either...but will people really vote for MZA and Hagelin over him in the next round?
Yup

Miller is a good prospect but where he's at in his development and what his top potential is, doesn't really yell out top 5 prospect in my books, yet.

Especially whats left on the board.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Garden Mystique

Thomas add Lindberg

Garden Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I am.

MZA had flashes of brilliance this year in the NHL while playing admirably in a third line role with another rookie.

JT Miller won't sniff the third line for a few years.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

MZA - 23 points in just 42 NHL games already? the proof is in the pudding. Criminal if he doesn't make our top 5.

add Vtank!

edit: at this point, JT Miller is still a high school kid to me so he's still pretty low on my list. Hagelin, a Hobey Baker contender most of the season, Final Four captain, >>>>>>> Miller. It'll be interesting to see where he stands at the winter poll. Anyone happen to know where Stepan ranked when he was first drafted out of HS?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 700
Thomas add Lindberg

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

MZA is a tricky one for me.

Other than McD, he is clearly the closest among thuis group to reaching his potential. My issue is that I am not sold on his potential ( 60 pts? will he provide anything else?) being high enough to supplant other guys on the list.

06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I just wanna say that it's funny how much Rangers fans go from one prospect to another. It really is often a case of "new shiny toy" syndrome. 2 years ago, Mats Zuccarello Aasen led the entire SEL in scoring as a 22 year old.

If we're going to drool over Erixon playing great top minutes against "men" in the SEL, then don't forget that Zuccarello literally dominated that league. 64 points in 55 games as a 22 year old vs men is outstanding. He still needs to continue to adjust to the NA game and get stronger, and I believe he will. I think you'll see him break out, earn more PP time, and put up 50-60 points if he gets the chance this year.

I understand that defense is harder for a young player to master, but it's just funny how quickly we go from one prospect to another just because they're our newer, younger prospect. Zuccarello is a gamer. You'll see.

Also, Thomas is a great prospect so I have no problem with him winning this round, but Zuccarello has proved more thus far. He's put up over a PPG vs MEN, and put up .6 PPG in half a season in the NHL. He's still considered a rookie next year in the NHL. Thomas hasn't played a game in the AHL or NHL yet, so we'll see how he does against professional defenders. Ripping up the OHL is wonderful, but Grachev did the same thing and it was a whole new ball game against bigger, stronger, faster, smarter professionals. So for me, Zuccarello's a better prospect right now, but I'm fine with Thomas winning this poll. Zuccarello should hands down win the next one, but I have a feeling he won't because people are enamored by the new shiny toys.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 06-28-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 816
Thomas. Add Vtank.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
TheRedViper

It has nothing to do with "shiny new toys", it's about where we - the voters - feel each prospect ends up.

When I vote, I'm not looking at next season and voting based on that, or how "close" a prospect is to the NHL, but what the prospect has the chance of doing at the NHL level. In that regard, IMO, Thomas > Zuccarello.

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1024 View Post
It has nothing to do with "shiny new toys", it's about where we - the voters - feel each prospect ends up.

When I vote, I'm not looking at next season and voting based on that, or how "close" a prospect is to the NHL, but what the prospect has the chance of doing at the NHL level. In that regard, IMO, Thomas > Zuccarello.
That's fine, but you can't tell me "it has nothing to do with shiny new toys", because a lot of Rangers fans and fans in general have that mentality. I'm sure there are plenty who don't and are judging prospects objectively the same way that you are, but there are still a lot of fairweather fans who are exactly what I described.

It explains why some posters have even penciled Thomas into our lineup (some even in the top 6) without him ever playing an AHL or NHL game, while leaving Zuccarello out of the lineup because he didn't put up Crosby-numbers in his first HALF season in North America. They're the same people who think Zuccarello is too small for the NHL, but Thomas isn't, because he's the newer, younger prospect who just put up huge numbers in the OHL (his 3rd OHL season, btw). I love Thomas as a prospect, but Zuccarello should be getting just as much if not more love around here, but he's practically old news to these fairweather types. It's just laughable, in my opinion. Then when Zuccarello breaks out, they'll all love him! "Homegrown! Always loved him! Wooo Zucc!!"

Old
06-28-2011, 11:12 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
That's fine, but you can't tell me "it has nothing to do with shiny new toys", because a lot of Rangers fans and fans in general have that mentality. I'm sure there are plenty who don't and are judging prospects objectively the same way that you are, but there are still a lot of fairweather fans who are exactly what I described.

It explains why some posters have even penciled Thomas into our lineup (some even in the top 6) without him ever playing an AHL or NHL game, while leaving Zuccarello out of the lineup because he didn't put up Crosby-numbers in his first HALF season in North America. They're the same people who think Zuccarello is too small for the NHL, but Thomas isn't, because he's the newer, younger prospect who just put up huge numbers in the OHL (his 3rd OHL season, btw). I love Thomas as a prospect, but Zuccarello should be getting just as much if not more love around here, but he's practically old news to these fairweather types. It's just laughable, in my opinion. Then when Zuccarello breaks out, they'll all love him! "Homegrown! Always loved him! Wooo Zucc!!"
Okay, there is probably some, but it's not as if the entire vote is off due to "shiny new toy syndrome".

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:20 PM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

Thomas, add Valentenko.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Thomas. Give me Lindberg.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1024 View Post
Okay, there is probably some, but it's not as if the entire vote is off due to "shiny new toy syndrome".
No, of course not. I didn't mean to imply that. I even said that Thomas is a great prospect and I see no problem with him winning this poll. I just think Zuccarello should then be a shoe-in for the next one, but I have my doubts that that will happen. I guess we'll see.

Old
06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Uncle Sam

Thomas, add Lindberg

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
darko

Thomas, add Valetenko

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Kershaw

Hard to vote since I've never seen Thomas play. I don't know if his style will be good enough for the NHL.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Thomas add Valentenko.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Blazephr

Thomas, add Lindberg

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I voted for Hagelin because he blew me away when I saw him in Hartford. Haha.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:06 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
MZA, add Valentenko

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin