HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oil offence

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 09:54 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Oil offence

Well,they made me eat my words tonight even though they got a lot of help from Sauve(he looked lost out there). Considering the Oils recent history against rookie goalies this was a nice change. If they could only play with that fire on most nights this team would be fine. Cuthbert and Millen both brought up the point that the Oilers didn't play scared and IMO they usually do. Instead of trying not to screw up they just played and played well. On a seperate note,isn't it a joy to see a team like Colorado play their wide open style? It's just wide open,fun hockey to watch and kudos to the Oil for playing the same style instead of going into a defensive shell like most teams.

Old
10-18-2003, 10:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Well,they made me eat my words tonight even though they got a lot of help from Sauve(he looked lost out there). Considering the Oils recent history against rookie goalies this was a nice change. If they could only play with that fire on most nights this team would be fine. Cuthbert and Millen both brought up the point that the Oilers didn't play scared and IMO they usually do. Instead of trying not to screw up they just played and played well. On a seperate note,isn't it a joy to see a team like Colorado play their wide open style? It's just wide open,fun hockey to watch and kudos to the Oil for playing the same style instead of going into a defensive shell like most teams.
Yes, the game was end to end when it wasn't ruined by the refs and all their penalties!

Old
10-18-2003, 10:12 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes, the game was end to end when it wasn't ruined by the refs and all their penalties!

Very true.....what did you guys think of the Jason Smith hit on Kariya? Nice to see Gator paste a star into the boards for a change!!!!!

Old
10-18-2003, 10:17 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
INDEED! He got a very good chunk of him (although not as much as I thought at first, as alot of the loud bang was after Gator nailed him then followed through into the boards)

Old
10-18-2003, 10:27 PM
momentai

Quote:
Very true.....what did you guys think of the Jason Smith hit on Kariya? Nice to see Gator paste a star into the boards for a change!!!!!
Something of note. Did anyone really notice him out of the pack besides that one hit on Kariya and the horrible slashing call. I can't say I noticed him much but perhaps that's because of the numerous pps.

Old
10-18-2003, 11:59 PM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Something of note. Did anyone really notice him out of the pack besides that one hit on Kariya and the horrible slashing call. I can't say I noticed him much but perhaps that's because of the numerous pps.

I agree,that's why i was so happy to actually see him nailing someone into the boards again. Your right because most nights i don't notice him out there at all. Where as in the past you'd always know where he was on the ice.

Old
10-19-2003, 12:10 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I agree,that's why i was so happy to actually see him nailing someone into the boards again. Your right because most nights i don't notice him out there at all. Where as in the past you'd always know where he was on the ice.
I think he has played terrific. He is a defensive dman, and he has had about three solid cheques already this season.

I have noticed him but for all the right reasons, I have noticed how solid he has been defensively!

Old
10-19-2003, 06:48 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
I think he has played terrific. He is a defensive dman, and he has had about three solid cheques already this season.

I have noticed him but for all the right reasons, I have noticed how solid he has been defensively!
If you don't notice a defensive d-man, isn't that a good thing?

Old
10-19-2003, 08:23 AM
Hairball

He had a great game. One thing I wanted to mention that I noticed and thought was very important was after we got that first (heh heh. more than one.) short handed goal he went to Tommy and gave him a pat on the pads. Very classy. We'd just come off a 5 on 3 and Tommy was on his game. So anyway, it's nice to see that he is our leader when we can't always.

Old
10-19-2003, 11:42 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
If you don't notive a defensive d-man, isn't that a good thing?
that's what i was thinking...

Closed Thread