HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp

Old
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
NYRJE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I have that high metabolism too.

I ate 5 slices of pizza the other day. Nothing happens.
Unreal. This kid eats 3 ham, egg, cheese sandwiches for breakfast on a consistent basis and nothing happens to him either.

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:34 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
Eat 6 smaller meals a day and work out on a consistent basis.
I do need to excersize. I havent in a long time. Im always with my kids lol.

My wife and i are trying to make a conscience effort to at least take the kids for a walk everyday.

But yea. In shape i need to get.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
lundy

Same, I'm 6"2 and can never get above 180-185 lbs. No matter what, I never go above that.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJE View Post
Unreal. This kid eats 3 ham, egg, cheese sandwiches for breakfast on a consistent basis and nothing happens to him either.
Lol.

Its either a gift or a curse.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Same, I'm 6"2 and can never get above 180-185 lbs. No matter what, I never go above that.
Thats a good size though. If youre anathlete, thats about right.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:38 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Lol. I dont know. Ive always been around the 135-145 range.

I probably lost a good bit of weight because im sick (got weighed 2 days ago).

Its genetic. My dad and brother are both lightweights too lol.

Id love to put on some pounds but i dont know how.
Most weight projections for 5'10" are between 165 and 175...that's only reason I mention it.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:39 AM
NYRJE

Quote:
Lol.

Its either a gift or a curse.
He played basketball for a major school. I don't see how he made the team at that size.

NYRJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Lucky... I'm 6'1" and 150. , I eat every thing in site, and do not gain a single pound. I'm 16 so I should grow out of it, hopefully.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I do need to excersize. I havent in a long time. Im always with my kids lol.

My wife and i are trying to make a conscience effort to at least take the kids for a walk everyday.

But yea. In shape i need to get.
Eating a lot is only part of it. If you work out hard you will see a difference. I also had a pretty fast metabolism until turned about 27. Up until then I could eat anything I wanted and still had a six pack. As long as you push yourself working out and eat the right foods you should be able to put the right kind of weight on (not the 5 slices of pizza type of weight, lol).

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Levitate

^^^ I'm turning 30 soon and haven't really found that my metabolism has changed at all, just my time and energy to work out as much. That and getting into a serious relationship and getting married...now there's more stuff around the house that I wouldn't eat in the past

But in other news, I'm kind of annoyed at the lack of video from the scrimmage yesterday

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I'm kind of annoyed at the lack of video from the scrimmage yesterday
Coincidentally, they just showed some footage and an interview with McIlrath on Boomer & Carton (MSG) while coming back from a commercial. The kid is confident and very strong. Guys were bouncing off him like little kids.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:44 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Eating a lot is only part of it. If you work out hard you will see a difference. I also had a pretty fast metabolism until turned about 27. Up until then I could eat anything I wanted and still had a six pack. As long as you push yourself working out and eat the right foods you should be able to put the right kind of weight on (not the 5 slices of pizza type of weight, lol).
Im pretty well passed 27 lol.

I definitely need to get in shape.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Most weight projections for 5'10" are between 165 and 175...that's only reason I mention it.
Yea that sounds right.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:47 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Yea hopefully we get more videos soon.

Previous years we had a handful of videos by now.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Yea hopefully we get more videos soon.

Previous years we had a handful of videos by now.
Yeah that's why I'm kinda miffed about the lack of coverage on this. the Rangers coverage on the scrimmage was like a two paragraph blurb about Fasth scoring two goals

Old
06-29-2011, 08:51 AM
lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Lucky... I'm 6'1" and 150. , I eat every thing in site, and do not gain a single pound. I'm 16 so I should grow out of it, hopefully.
You will. I was 6"2 150-165 until I was about 20. Between 20 and now (23) I have put on about 20 lbs.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:04 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Coincidentally, they just showed some footage and an interview with McIlrath on Boomer & Carton (MSG) while coming back from a commercial. The kid is confident and very strong. Guys were bouncing off him like little kids.
I was not happy about taking McIlrath, and I still whether he was the right pick in terms of value at that spot, but, if Clark and Gorton are correct on this kid, and he becomes more than just a bottom-pairing D-man, and has something special about him, I will take back everything bad I said about the pick. I'll be honest, talk of his improved skating and him talking about being a leader, combined with his physicality and demeanor has actually gotten me a little giddy all of a sudden.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Levitate

Quote:
I was not happy about taking McIlrath, and I still whether he was the right pick in terms of value at that spot, but, if Clark and Gorton are correct on this kid, and he becomes more than just a bottom-pairing D-man, and has something special about him, I will take back everything bad I said about the pick. I'll be honest, talk of his improved skating and him talking about being a leader, combined with his physicality and demeanor has actually gotten me a little giddy all of a sudden.
Well, that's the thing...he could be a "mistake pick" in that Fowler or Gormley or Tarasenko end up being awesome, but at the same time he could still become a great player for the Rangers.

Hopefully he just keeps improving and we'll ultimately be happy with the 2010 draft (especially if Thomas pans out)

Old
06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I too groaned with disappointment when the pick was made however I also understand why they picked him and we all need to have patience and allow McIlrath to grow as a player before he's declared a bust. It's tough seeing a guy like Fowler come in and contribute right away but players progress at different rates.

I'm excited to see him play if he can get himself into an exhibition game.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

McIlrath interview and some clips.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/54...rath-interview

Old
06-29-2011, 09:24 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I too groaned with disappointment when the pick was made however I also understand why they picked him and we all need to have patience and allow McIlrath to grow as a player before he's declared a bust. It's tough seeing a guy like Fowler come in and contribute right away but players progress at different rates.

I'm excited to see him play if he can get himself into an exhibition game.
Here's what bothered me about that pick...I believe in BPA, and, to me, there were better value picks on the board at the time. You take BPA over need since, when you're dealing with developing players who may impact your club in 3-4 years time, your needs can vary in a shorter amount of time. I agreed with this year's philosophy, since, most draft pundits agreed that after the first 8 or 9 picks, BPA was going to vary depending upon the observer. Miller had been slotted anywhere from 9 to 30, and, since he fit the mold of what the Rangers like in a player, picking for need made since. To me, 2010, you had three potential players - Fowler, Tarasenko and Gormley, as well as Bjugstad - as players with higher value than a player like McIlrath. I never thought Gormley was a Ranger-type of pick, but, in the case of the other three players, you had PMD, a potential top six center, and a player in Tarasenko that many felt was among the top 3-4 best players in the draft. That was my problem with taking McIlrath at that spot. In my mind, (and I'm trying to remove any emotion about the pick I may have), McIlrath has to become an impact player to reach that kind of value. I've been very happy with Ranger drafts in the past 4-5 years, since Clark took over. For three straight years, they took the player I thought they'd take, and fit the Ranger mold. McIlrath is the one time I was out of sync with how I thought the Rangers would draft.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Here's what bothered me about that pick...I believe in BPA, and, to me, there were better value picks on the board at the time. You take BPA over need since, when you're dealing with developing players who may impact your club in 3-4 years time, your needs can vary in a shorter amount of time. I agreed with this year's philosophy, since, most draft pundits agreed that after the first 8 or 9 picks, BPA was going to vary depending upon the observer. Miller had been slotted anywhere from 9 to 30, and, since he fit the mold of what the Rangers like in a player, picking for need make since. To me, 2010, you had three potential players - Fowler, Tarasenko and Gormley, as well as Bjugstad - as players with higher value than a player like McIlrath. I never thought Gormley was a Ranger-type of pick, but, in the case of the other three players, you had PMD, a potential top six center, and a player in Tarasenko that many felt was among the top 3-4 best players in the draft. That was my problem with taking McIlrath at that spot. In my mind, (and I'm trying to remove any emotion about the pick I may have), McIlrath has to become an impact player to reach that kind of value. I've been very happy with Ranger drafts in the past 4-5 years, since Clark took over. For three straight years, they took the player I thought they'd take, and fit the Ranger mold. McIlrath is the one time I was out of sync with how I thought the Rangers would draft.
I agree with taking the BPA however it seems that Clark's BPA was different from the published scouting services. If I'm not mistaken, Clark stated that McIlrath was the BPA on the Rangers charts.

For the record, I wanted Tarasenko.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:32 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
I agree with taking the BPA however it seems that Clark's BPA was different from the published scouting services. If I'm not mistaken, Clark stated that McIlrath was the BPA on the Rangers charts.

So did I.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:35 AM
Levitate

Todays scrimmage started. Bourque feeds Thomas for the first goal 1-0 Blue

Old
06-29-2011, 09:36 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:

I don't think Clark has ever said McIlrath was the BPA. Leslie has actually criticized the Rangers for their move away from drafting the BPA over the last couple years. She wrote a good article about it a few weeks ago.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote