HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cops to question chara?

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Domenic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
the only thing I hope for is a full Maxpac recovery. As for the police probe, it serves an important purpose, let's allow the professionals to do their job and respect the results.
Finding new and creative ways to waste taxpayer money?

Old
06-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Teufelsdreck

It will be routine and lead nowhere. Why bother?

Old
06-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Chara (who didn't even know Maxpac was on the ice) dodged a bullet in that Max has luckily recovered from Chara's violent neck slam of a player without a puck.

More importantly, Max recovered. Thank God.

Old???

Yes and no

It takes time to settle matters.

Can you imagine if Max had been paralyzed? ... because everyone knows it was DAMN close.

Would you still say "old"?

That 'hockey play' was step 1 in the Bruins cup run. Nobody will EVER convince me otherwise.

Old
06-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

no need the take this outside of the rink

settle the scores on the ice

Old
06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Chara (who didn't even know Maxpac was on the ice) dodged a bullet in that Max has luckily recovered from Chara's violent neck slam of a player without a puck.

More importantly, Max recovered. Thank God.

Old???

Yes and no

It takes time to settle matters.

Can you imagine if Max had been paralyzed? ... because everyone knows it was DAMN close.

Would you still say "old"?

That 'hockey play' was step 1 in the Bruins cup run. Nobody will EVER convince me otherwise.
Agree with everything you posted here. From that moment on the entire Bruins season/playoffs to me is tainted.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post

Same. That cup has a huge asterisk on it that I think only we will remember (it includes the bs with absolute and blatant bias, but they never would have gone past us with Max). People can debate that, but like you I am logically (not driven by passionate bias) bound to believe that.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:39 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Same. That cup has a huge asterisk on it that I think only we will remember (it includes the bs with absolute and blatant bias, but they never would have gone past us with Max). People can debate that, but like you I am logically (not driven by passionate bias) bound to believe that.
Asterisk ? Lame. Sometimes you have to accept losing like a man.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

Sure, the injury to Pacioretty might have been a stepping stone for the Bruins' march to the Cup, but many things turn on single incidents. If not for Cherry's blunder in game 7 of the 1979 playoffs the Habs would have been eliminated instead of going on to win the Cup and the Bruins might have won it instead. But it's time to move on. The Bruins deserved to be champions because they won 4 series, including an unexpected upset of the Canucks. If the Bruins hadn't gotten past the Habs any of the teams they defeated (Flyers, Bolts, or Canucks) might have become the champions. The Habs? Unlikely.

Old
06-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Max was rapidly becoming the Habs inspirational leader and prime go-to forward at the time of the incident.

Only hockey fans who closely watched all of the Habs games last season know that, however.

We saw him evolving into an impact forward before our eyes...

and then...

Old
06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Hockeyfan68

Maybe the Canadian police can go back and punish all NHL injuries. Jamie Macoun's two hand stick chop from the backcheck that removed Lafontaine's lower row of molars on one side and broke his jaw.

I mean come on, seriously this crap has got to stop. IT IS PRO SPORT. Maybe Tony Conigliaro from the 1960s Red Sox can press charges for having his career ended by being INTENTIONALLY hit with a pitch.

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-29-2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: took out political comment
Old
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Habs

what a joke, leave it on the ice. How about solving some real crimes?

Old
06-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Krnage

Chara doesn't care anymore...he won the stanley cup

Old
06-29-2011, 01:29 AM
brec7

I, like most others here, feel that something like this should be handled internally within the game of hockey and not by the law. (I don't think the league handled it properly, but that's another story.)

I will say, though, I don't like how people try to find comparisons to other hockey incidents to demean the significance of what happened. Please note what I'm typing here is 100% factual, and can't be denied by anyone:

Max Pacioretty was injured for a prolonged period of a time as a result of a hit that was, by NHL definition, against the rules. The person responsible for hit captains a team that very narrowly defeated Pacioretty's team in the playoffs, and went on to win the Stanley Cup as captain of said team.

Please don't tell me that situations like that happen all the time, because they don't. Can anyone think of an instance where a Cup was won under such circumstances? (Not saying they haven't been, just saying I don't remember seeing it/reading about it.)

Old
06-29-2011, 02:14 AM
RNiner

Man, is this ever frustrating. Dealt with nitwits from all over the US today at work talking about how stupid the city of montreal/habs fans/the organization is for keeping this thing going.

As if the ENTIRE city of montreal, or the fans, or the org has any say in what a police officer in charge of a case does.

That same police officer is just following procedure. A complaint was filed by an official who does such things (back at the height of this nonsense, a couple days after the incident) and that means the officer has to follow standard procedure for completing his investigation. He is now doing so. A prosecutor will then take the completed case file from the police officer and decide if charges should be filed. Should go something like this:

2:50 pm:
Police officer: "Here you go, the case file is complete."
Prosecutor: "Thank you."
Police officer: "Would you like to see my signed picture of Chara, me and the Stanley Cup?"
Prosecutor: "No, that wont be nec... oh who am I kidding! Lemme see!!"

2:51 pm:
Prosecutor, back in his/her office:
Finds nearest garbage, disposes of case file

2:53 pm, press conference
Prosecutor: "After reviewing the file, I have decided that no charges will be laid. I'd like to thank Mr. Chara for helping me get my 2 minutes of fame. That is all."

But try telling any of this to self-rightious people who already hate Mtl. Yeah. Fun day.

Last edited by RNiner: 06-29-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Old
06-29-2011, 02:34 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Maybe the Canadian police can go back and punish all NHL injuries. Jamie Macoun's two hand stick chop from the backcheck that removed Lafontaine's lower row of molars on one side and broke his jaw.

I mean come on, seriously this crap has got to stop. IT IS PRO SPORT. Maybe Tony Conigliaro from the 1960s Red Sox can press charges for having his career ended by being INTENTIONALLY hit with a pitch.
waa-waaa-waaa yes, montrealers are lunatics

now with that said: it's ****ing retarded

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-29-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: edited quote post
Old
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
BlueStFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollb2 View Post
sigh ! .. well it sucks its happening but police gota follow procedure i suppose ..
But wow people saying habs fans wanted this .. lol silly bruins
Procedure for police to do this? Pretty sure it has been stated that countless Habs fans called in to say that they would be willing to report an assault. So yes, Habs fans definitely have a play in this wether you want to admit it or not and it is embarrassing for NHL hockey in general.

EDIT: Also, I would like to remind people that Pacs was tweeting in a movie theatre several days after the incident. For all of you out there that have had any type of concussion, please explain this to me. For a guy to have a severe concussion, they should be isolated for more than a week... which makes me question the credibility of his injury all together. I mean i haven't even had a serious concussion, but it was difficult to manage going on a computer of watching TV with a mild concussion. Not saying he wasn't injured, just trying to get a better understanding of this.

Last edited by BlueStFX: 06-29-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStFX View Post
Procedure for police to do this? Pretty sure it has been stated that countless Habs fans called in to say that they would be willing to report an assault. So yes, Habs fans definitely have a play in this wether you want to admit it or not and it is embarrassing for NHL hockey in general.

EDIT: Also, I would like to remind people that Pacs was tweeting in a movie theatre several days after the incident. For all of you out there that have had any type of concussion, please explain this to me. For a guy to have a severe concussion, they should be isolated for more than a week... which makes me question the credibility of his injury all together. I mean i haven't even had a serious concussion, but it was difficult to manage going on a computer of watching TV with a mild concussion. Not saying he wasn't injured, just trying to get a better understanding of this.
Horton was at Boston Garden two days after his "severe concussion"

Your conspiracy theory at trying to make the habs look bad sucks. Try again.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

First off, it was a small, I'll repeat small portion of the Habs fan base that called in to say that they would be willing to report an assault. We have a lot of fans, so grouping us all together is quite ignorant on your part.

Second, can you explain to me how you are an expert when it comes to concussions, and how they effect individuals? Just because you had difficulties going on a computer or watching TV. That doesn't mean that every single person diagnosed with a concussion suffers the exact same symptoms.

You want a clear understanding of what happened? Pacioretty was injured, and unable to play from the time he was hit until the Habs were eliminated from the playoffs. To what degree, only Max and his doctors know for sure.

06-29-2011, 09:21 AM
BlueStFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
First off, it was a small, I'll repeat small portion of the Habs fan base that called in to say that they would be willing to report an assault. We have a lot of fans, so grouping us all together is quite ignorant on your part.

Second, can you explain to me how you are an expert when it comes to concussions, and how they effect individuals? Just because you had difficulties going on a computer or watching TV. That doesn't mean that every single person diagnosed with a concussion suffers the exact same symptoms.

You want a clear understanding of what happened? Pacioretty was injured, and unable to play from the time he was hit until the Habs were eliminated from the playoffs. To what degree, only Max and his doctors know for sure.
BUt it is that small portion of fans that have pushed it this far. I'm not grouping everyone together. I'm just stating the fact that it is at the hands of this small grouping of Habs fans. I now the majority of Habs fans think it is ridiculous, but the fact still remains that Habs fans are responsible for "potential charges"... just not all of them.

And as far as concussions go, I don't care who you are, if anyone has had any form of a concussion, they know what I mean. I'm not trying to out the Habs or anything, I just want to state facts and imply that there may have been some exaggeration on the injury to help draw a suspension. It wouldn't be the first time, and it will not be the last. This can happen with any person on any club, not just the Habs.

And just to make things clear, when I say exaggeration on his injury, I do not mean for people to take it that he was not injured at all. He clearly had a vertebral fracture (unless I'm mistaken) which is very serious and season ending.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:23 AM
IRON JELLY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStFX;34282659

EDIT: [U
Also, I would like to remind people [/U]that Pacs was tweeting in a movie theatre several days after the incident. For all of you out there that have had any type of concussion, please explain this to me. For a guy to have a severe concussion, they should be isolated for more than a week... which makes me question the credibility of his injury all together. I mean i haven't even had a serious concussion, but it was difficult to manage going on a computer of watching TV with a mild concussion. Not saying he wasn't injured, just trying to get a better understanding of this.
Hey, thanks for reminding us! It's not as though fans of every other team(but mostly Bruins fans) kept harping on that fact for months after the incident. They mysteriously stopped when Horton got rocked and decided to show up at a game 2 days after being diagnosed with a severe concussion. Still can't figure that one out.

I'd say Horton being at a noisy playoff game is actually worse than a dark, cool movie theatre. Hell, it was one of Derek Boogard's favourite places to go while he had his concussion.

"It was a pain in the ass, but I knew it was serious," Wilson said. "When he got back to the apartment, he'd immediately get his comfortable Under Armour gear on, grab a blanket, go straight to the couch and just lie down. All the lights would have to be out.

"The light thing was huge. That's why he liked going to movies so much in dark, cold theaters. Put it this way: He wasn't a movie collector. He doesn't have a big case of Blu-ray movies. It was just such a therapeutic atmosphere for him." "

-source http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=6598296

Old
06-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
Bah, I don't think that's necessary, but oh well, I'm sure it will be nothing.
If only to be able to draw the case to a close...

Old
06-29-2011, 09:29 AM
BlueStFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Horton was at Boston Garden two days after his "severe concussion"

Your conspiracy theory at trying to make the habs look bad sucks. Try again.
Horton was there to wave to the fans for their appreciation of him. I highly doubt he was there for the whole game unless you can prove me wrong on this. I did not watch that game, so I don't know.

I'm not trying to make the Habs look bad. If that's how you have taken it, I'm sorry. But most individuals I have asked that have experienced any for of concussion, agree with me. And I have asked fans of many different clubs, including that of Montreal. Some have disagreed with me as well, but the common relation between those who have was the fact that they were Habs fans, which suggests some form of bias. Of course this is all my opinion. Im not saying I'm right, I'm just trying to make sense of the injury.

Clearly I do not have to point out that these potential charges are ridiculous. Originally, I just wanted to ensure that people understand it was habs fans that started this whole thing with the charges. Be it a small group of them or not.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:33 AM
BlueStFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERE COMES SLEDGE View Post
Hey, thanks for reminding us! It's not as though fans of every other team(but mostly Bruins fans) kept harping on that fact for months after the incident. They mysteriously stopped when Horton got rocked and decided to show up at a game 2 days after being diagnosed with a severe concussion. Still can't figure that one out.

I'd say Horton being at a noisy playoff game is actually worse than a dark, cool movie theatre. Hell, it was one of Derek Boogard's favourite places to go while he had his concussion.

"It was a pain in the ass, but I knew it was serious," Wilson said. "When he got back to the apartment, he'd immediately get his comfortable Under Armour gear on, grab a blanket, go straight to the couch and just lie down. All the lights would have to be out.

"The light thing was huge. That's why he liked going to movies so much in dark, cold theaters. Put it this way: He wasn't a movie collector. He doesn't have a big case of Blu-ray movies. It was just such a therapeutic atmosphere for him." "

-source http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/n...ory?id=6598296
That's a great point. Thanks for that. I stand corrected as far as Pacs concussion goes, but I still stand behind my original argument in the responsibility of the charges being laid.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Finding new and creative ways to waste taxpayer money?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It will be routine and lead nowhere. Why bother?
you say this because you assume you know the outcome. If you are comfortable leaving this entirely in the hands of Colie Campbell's office I guess this would be considered redundant.

But what if this investigation leads to a witness that the league ignored or suppressed?. If an interviewed witness heard Chara say something that showed his actions were premeditated ("I am going to rip that little fckers head off") or something to that effect would we be so quick to judge this professional investigation as stupid?

Not saying this is going to happen but sometimes independent reviews turn up facts that have been swept under carpets.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
BUt it is that small portion of fans that have pushed it this far. I'm not grouping everyone together. I'm just stating the fact that it is at the hands of this small grouping of Habs fans. I now the majority of Habs fans think it is ridiculous, but the fact still remains that Habs fans are responsible for "potential charges"... just not all of them.

And as far as concussions go, I don't care who you are, if anyone has had any form of a concussion, they know what I mean. I'm not trying to out the Habs or anything, I just want to state facts and imply that there may have been some exaggeration on the injury to help draw a suspension. It wouldn't be the first time, and it will not be the last. This can happen with any person on any club, not just the Habs.

And just to make things clear, when I say exaggeration on his injury, I do not mean for people to take it that he was not injured at all. He clearly had a vertebral fracture (unless I'm mistaken) which is very serious and season ending.
Yes this small group of Habs fans started this process. As for it continuing, once a complaint has been issued to the police, it has to be completed. Which means all participants in the report have to be interviewed.

edit: Once the process starts, the portion of fans that called in. No longer have the ability to stop it.

Fair enough, from reading your post, it seemed like you were grouping us all together.

Again, who are you to judge how a person is supposed to react after receiving a concussion? I've had two concussions from playing hockey as a teen, both diagnosed from a Doctor.

Neither time did I suffer any major problems. I didn't have to sit in a dark room. I was actually able to go back to school the next day with only minor headaches after each one. So was my Doctor full of it, or did I just not suffer symptoms to the same degree that some others do?

Is it possible that the reports were embellished to try and get Chara suspended? Maybe, in doing so, the Doctor(s) responsible would be putting their medical licenses on the line if they were caught. So that's a pretty strong accusation.

Also why embellish the concussion? Wouldn't the fact that Max suffered a "vertebral fracture" be enough?

From the way you worded your post. I know you were talking more about the concussion, and not about the "vertebral fracture" suffered from the hit.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 06-29-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added to post.
Closed Thread