HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Depth Chart

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2005, 11:57 PM
Waterboy73806498

vCash: 500
Panthers Depth Chart

So here is the depth chart for the panthers as listed by a Toronto newspaper "The Toronto Star" (Yes I am a Leafs fan but a mild mannered one as well.)

Left Wing
Gary Roberts
Martin Gelinas
Niklas Hagman
Kristian Huselius

Center
Olli Jokinen (RFA unsigned)
Joe Nieuwendyk
Jozef Stumpel
Chris Gratton

Right Wing
Nathan Horton (played only 1/2 NHL season 2003-2004)
Juraj Kolnik
Anthony Stewart (rookie)
Gregory Campbell (rookie)

Defence
Jay Bouwmeester (RFA unsigned)
Sean Hill
Mike Van Ryn (RFA unsigned)
Branislav Mezei
Alexander Karpovtsev
Joel Kwiatkowski

Goaltenders
Roberto Luongo
Jamie McLennan

So here are the question I pose to the Florida fans out there

1) Do agree or disagree with this depth chart?

2) What are your opinions on the lack of NHL experience on right wing?

3) The three unsigned restricted free angents--do you see them being signed or being replaced by other players?

Here is the link to the above information. Remember these are NOT line combinations but just a depth chart.

http://tsf.waymoresports.thestar.com/thestar/hockey/depthchart.cgi?Fla

It should definately be intersting to watch the Panthers this season

Old
09-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Weiss and Crains are missing..

Old
09-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Weiss and Crains are missing..
They are on the complete depth chart on the link Mogo.

1. For the most part, I agree with this - I might be more inclined to place Gelinas above Roberts even though Robs did have more points the previous season than Marty. My reason is that I think Gelinas might be a better fit with the Europeans than Gary, better play maker while Roberts is a true grinder.

2. As far as lack of experience on RW - it seems to me that you have enough experience on C to teach these boys what to do. The CBA has allowed Florida the ability to add some much needed veteran experience to a very young team. These vets will only raise the level of play and the rookies will learn by watching them.

3. I think Jokinen is the only questionable one - could be good trade bait - however if I were Keenan, I'd be confident going into camp with this roster. I'd also keep Jokinen. But I am just a silly girl - not a GM.

Old
09-01-2005, 07:13 AM
pelts35.com

Add J-M Pelletier to the depth chart as the number 3 goaltender.

Old
09-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Remax

I think the depth is pretty good on this team, although just like any other team there is room for improvement. The right wing may be a bit of concert but I think if Olez has a good camp, and from what I've read Keenan wants him to play in the bigs this year then I think you could see him on the 4th line as a centre to start the season and possibly Stumpel moved to the 1st or 2nd line RW poisition (He is a right hand shot so that shouldn't make it to hard to adjust. I don't know if he has played RW before or not.) I could also see Huselius or Gelinas moved to the right to make room for Weiss on the left.

Old
09-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl

1. For the most part, I agree with this - I might be more inclined to place Gelinas above Roberts even though Robs did have more points the previous season than Marty. My reason is that I think Gelinas might be a better fit with the Europeans than Gary, better play maker while Roberts is a true grinder.

2. As far as lack of experience on RW - it seems to me that you have enough experience on C to teach these boys what to do. The CBA has allowed Florida the ability to add some much needed veteran experience to a very young team. These vets will only raise the level of play and the rookies will learn by watching them.

3. I think Jokinen is the only questionable one - could be good trade bait - however if I were Keenan, I'd be confident going into camp with this roster. I'd also keep Jokinen. But I am just a silly girl - not a GM.
Why does it not surprise me that the first comprehensive reply was by the happiest girl on here :-)

Old
09-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy73806498
Why does it not surprise me that the first comprehensive reply was by the happiest girl on here :-)
Ah shucks - thanks WB - here I was worried that you would blast me for commenting that Roberts might be second to Gelinas. I know how you Maple Leafs fans LOVE Roberts.

Old
09-02-2005, 06:15 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Just to point this out, but several players can play multiple positions. Last seaosn for Davos, Hagman primarily played on the 2nd line and played half his games on the right side (actually more like 2/3). Huselius played with Linkoping last season and is listed as a RW with them (finishing 2nd in the SEL in scoring while playing 15 less games than Zetterberg who finished 1st). I bet you see one of them on the right side this season. Campbell was drafted as a LW and can play all 3 positions, Olesz has played center and LW, Nedorost has played both LW and center as well, Payer is primarily a center, and Meyer has primarily played center the last yr or so. Toronto media usually gets things wrong unless its aboot the Leafs and then its so homerized that you can't trust it.

Source for Hagman: http://www.hockeystats.ch/spielerdet...=niklas_hagman

Source for Huselius: http://stats.swehockey.se/

Old
09-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Just to point this out, but several players can play multiple positions. Last seaosn for Davos, Hagman primarily played on the 2nd line and played half his games on the right side (actually more like 2/3). Huselius played with Linkoping last season and is listed as a RW with them (finishing 2nd in the SEL in scoring while playing 15 less games than Zetterberg who finished 1st). I bet you see one of them on the right side this season. Campbell was drafted as a LW and can play all 3 positions, Olesz has played center and LW, Nedorost has played both LW and center as well, Payer is primarily a center, and Meyer has primarily played center the last yr or so. Toronto media usually gets things wrong unless its aboot the Leafs and then its so homerized that you can't trust it.
While everyone talks about Olesz as a center, I still swear the TV had him listed at LW during the draft coverage, and that's how the team drafted him.

Old
09-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
While everyone talks about Olesz as a center, I still swear the TV had him listed at LW during the draft coverage, and that's how the team drafted him.
Swear I told someone that months ago and I was basically told I didn't know what I was talkin about.

Old
09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

Gelinas doesn't score nearly enough to be on the top line. IMO Roberts-Jokinen-Huselius (or Horton). If Jokinen gets kicked to the curb & is traded, then you've got Niewy likely filling the top center spot with Stumpel on the 2nd line.

Old
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
Toronto media usually gets things wrong unless its aboot the Leafs and then its so homerized that you can't trust it.
Which is exactly why I created the post to see what Florida fans thought. By the way the "Toronto Star" hasn't that correct with the Leafs depth chart either but at least we know they are wrong, being from Toronto and all.

Old
09-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7
Gelinas doesn't score nearly enough to be on the top line. IMO Roberts-Jokinen-Huselius (or Horton). If Jokinen gets kicked to the curb & is traded, then you've got Niewy likely filling the top center spot with Stumpel on the 2nd line.
I am flip flopping on Gelinas in the first position simply because he is a great set up man. I think his playmaking ability would help some of the young pups.

Old
09-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
I am flip flopping on Gelinas in the first position simply because he is a great set up man. I think his playmaking ability would help some of the young pups.
The wingers job is to bury the chances that center creates. If Gelinas is that good of a set up man thne he should center a line if Jokinen isn't resigned.

Here are the numbers for Robers and Gelinas since 1997-1998

1997-1998 Roberts (20 goals 49 points) Gelinas (16 goals 34 points)
1998-1999 Roberts (14 goals 42 points) Gelinas (13 goals 28 points)
1999-2000 Roberts (23 goals 53 points) Gelinas (14 goals 30 points)
2000-2001 Roberts (29 goals 53 points) Gelinas (23 goals 52 points)
2001-2002 Roberts (21 goals 48 points) Gelinas (13 goals 29 points)
2002-2003 Roberts (5 goals 8 points***) Gelinas (21 goals 52 points)
2003-2004 Roberts (28 goals 48 points) Gelinas (17 goals 35 points)

*** Roberts was injured and only played 14 games

Roberts outperformed Gelinas each year he was healthy. Combine that with the fact that Roberts is a great team leader and would have more impact as a first line winger. Look for Roberts on the first line. Look for Tucker and Roberts to do serious battle when the blue and white play florida this year.

Old
09-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
The wingers job is to bury the chances that center creates. If Gelinas is that good of a set up man thne he should center a line if Jokinen isn't resigned.

Here are the numbers for Robers and Gelinas since 1997-1998

1997-1998 Roberts (20 goals 49 points) Gelinas (16 goals 34 points)
1998-1999 Roberts (14 goals 42 points) Gelinas (13 goals 28 points)
1999-2000 Roberts (23 goals 53 points) Gelinas (14 goals 30 points)
2000-2001 Roberts (29 goals 53 points) Gelinas (23 goals 52 points)
2001-2002 Roberts (21 goals 48 points) Gelinas (13 goals 29 points)
2002-2003 Roberts (5 goals 8 points***) Gelinas (21 goals 52 points)
2003-2004 Roberts (28 goals 48 points) Gelinas (17 goals 35 points)

*** Roberts was injured and only played 14 games

Roberts outperformed Gelinas each year he was healthy. Combine that with the fact that Roberts is a great team leader and would have more impact as a first line winger. Look for Roberts on the first line. Look for Tucker and Roberts to do serious battle when the blue and white play florida this year.
Ok Leafs boy - I never said Gelinas was better than Roberts. I just think he might be a better fit style wise with the younger talent that Florida has. And as far as any Leaf going after Roberts, I'd rather see Domi take him on instead of Darcy.

Old
09-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Ok Leafs boy - I never said Gelinas was better than Roberts. I just think he might be a better fit style wise with the younger talent that Florida has. And as far as any Leaf going after Roberts, I'd rather see Domi take him on instead of Darcy.
Thus the most important question remains........will the uniforms match the curtains?

Old
09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Thus the most important question remains........will the uniforms match the curtains?
Well they are going to paint the ice to match the curtains.

Old
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
Well they are going to paint the ice to match the curtains.
Now that is just WRONG. Flower print ice. How will they see the puck. I can hear the compaints already.............

Old
09-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Now that is just WRONG. Flower print ice. How will they see the puck. I can hear the compaints already.............
If you follow the players you don't need to see the puck!

Old
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Waterboy73806498

Quote:
If you follow the players you don't need to see the puck!
Maybe thats why Florida didn't make the playoffs last year :-) They were following the players instead of the puck :-)

Closed Thread