HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Czech Centre Daniel Pribyl - 6th Round 168th Overall

Old
06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
vokiel
#NHLRefsAreClowns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Bring him over Montreal, I dont like the czech league for developing prospects
Montreal?

Junior is gone btw. They're moving to Boisbriand last I check.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Roulin

This should be a crucial development year for Pribyl. Is there anything creative that can be done to get him transferred to a different league? Even if he went to Sweden or Finland for a couple of years, I imagine it would be good for him.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Is the czech league really that bad for player development?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There's a reason Voracek and Frk came over to Halifax to play.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Maybe it's reputation is overblown, but I've heard that it has fallen behind. All the relatively young NHL'ers I can think of - Hanzal, Voracek, Frolik, both Michaleks, Fleischmann, Klesla - none of them played in a Czech league after being drafted. Hudler played one year after the draft, he's the only exception I can find.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2011, 03:26 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Maybe it's reputation is overblown, but I've heard that it has fallen behind. All the relatively young NHL'ers I can think of - Hanzal, Voracek, Frolik, both Michaleks, Fleischmann, Klesla - none of them played in a Czech league after being drafted. Hudler played one year after the draft, he's the only exception I can find.
Plekanec.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 04:37 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

Pat Hickey in today's Gazette says DP will go play for Shawinigan next year....

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 05:04 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Pat Hickey in today's Gazette says DP will go play for Shawinigan next year....
Next year as in 2011-12, or 2012-13?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Another piece of info as far Pribyl and Mondou's Shawanigan's GM is concern...seems that he denied it because he was pissed off that it was out of the open. Him denying seemed had nothing to do with the transfer not happening....So there is a possibility there, even though Pribyl is really under contract and from Pribyl himself, he does intend to play one more year over there....I just hope we'd be as proactive in that file than we were in the Tinordi one....

Quote:
En attendant, le repêchage européen est à nos portes. Mondou devait être fâché d’apprendre que son intérêt pour Daniel Pribyl a été ébruité… Ceci étant dit, c’est clair qu’il jongle actuellement avec au moins trois ou quatre scénarios pour sortir de cette journée avec un patineur d’impact de plus dans ses rangs pour l’année la plus importante de l’histoire de la concession! Si ce n’est pas Pribyl qui débarque, il faut s’attendre tout de même à une belle prise étant donné que l’argent n’est plus un problème et que les Cataractes repêchent rapidement (14e). On s’en reparle mercredi…
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/turcot...nnon-feu-vert/

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:52 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Pribyl is a late92 so doesnt make any sense for him to come over and play in the chl as am overagers in 2012-2013. Hope he come this year but won't hold by breath...

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Yeah, kinda. It's still good enough quality that you can pick the cream of the crop of young guys and pretty much assume they'll be competitive over here, but in terms of development, there simply isn't the amount of resources in play to get kids to the next level and/or adjusted to the NHL game (if that's their goal). Plenty of players go on to success in the KHL with little need for adaptation (I think Czechs represent the largest non-"Russian" population in the KHL), but yeah... like WTK said, there's a reason guys like Frk and Voracek come over, even to a place like Halifax, if their goal is making the NHL. If you want to look/get NHL ready by the time you're in your early 20s, the Czech system isn't going to accelerate you fast enough, typically.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:13 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Pribyl is a late92 so doesnt make any sense for him to come over and play in the chl as am overagers in 2012-2013. Hope he come this year but won't hold by breath...
From everything I read about Daniel he seems to be playing for one national team or another almost continually,that's a little consolation for the fans.Playing for Mondou would be great for his development,playing in the QMJHL has to be better besides being close enough for the Habs strength coach to work with him.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
zorz

He said after the draft that he's staying in Sparta next season. It may change, who knows. I think it wouldn't hurt him if he stayed and had signed pro contract with them and played on Extraliga team. he would also play many international games on U20 team throughout the season and have pretty good competition in the league as well. On the other hand playing Juniors in Czech Republic wouldn't be good for him anymore. He knows that for sure and will act accordingly. If he says he's staying, he probably knows he's not going to play Juniors - my theory.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Another piece of info as far Pribyl and Mondou's Shawanigan's GM is concern...seems that he denied it because he was pissed off that it was out of the open. Him denying seemed had nothing to do with the transfer not happening....So there is a possibility there, even though Pribyl is really under contract and from Pribyl himself, he does intend to play one more year over there....I just hope we'd be as proactive in that file than we were in the Tinordi one....

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/turcot...nnon-feu-vert/
Even if Pribyl ends up elsewhere, it's not that big a deal. Any hint to the fact that Pribyl has a good chance of coming over is good news IMO.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 12:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Why doesn't it make sense? Mikus did it with the Sags when he came over as a 19 year old and put up good numbers so I would think they were glad to get him. I figure with the Cats it makes some sense with them hosting the memorial cup, if he can come over and put points on the board I don't see the harm. Plus it would be cool to see with Bournival at the memorial cup.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

This guy is really an unknown pick, but his numbers look good. I don't know if it's because of Plekanec, but I have a good feeling for this Czech center drafted in the later rounds... I hope he would come in the Q though.

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 08:02 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Why doesn't it make sense? Mikus did it with the Sags when he came over as a 19 year old and put up good numbers so I would think they were glad to get him. I figure with the Cats it makes some sense with them hosting the memorial cup, if he can come over and put points on the board I don't see the harm. Plus it would be cool to see with Bournival at the memorial cup.
no im saying if he come in 2012-2013 he wouldnt not make any sense. he will be an overagers even if he only turn 20 in december and i dont remember a chl team that had a 20yo rookie in their lineup. you loose a import and overagers spot at the same time

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:09 AM
zorz

Pribyl said today (here) that he's not decided whether he stays or goes to CHL yet. He said his agent is talking with Habs in NA about it these days.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
otto bond

I would like to see some highlight but nothing yet?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 08:49 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Pribyl said today (here) that he's not decided whether he stays or goes to CHL yet. He said his agent is talking with Habs in NA about it these days.
You've got to think the Habs want him over in the CHL. Get him used to the north american game. Exposure to more games, let him put on some muscle, get used to the culture. Hopefully he'll make the U-20 team and if he plays in Shawinigan, he can play with Bournival and get some Memorial Cup experience?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
no im saying if he come in 2012-2013 he wouldnt not make any sense. he will be an overagers even if he only turn 20 in december and i dont remember a chl team that had a 20yo rookie in their lineup. you loose a import and overagers spot at the same time
I missed that part about 2012-2013.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Good to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You've got to think the Habs want him over in the CHL. Get him used to the north american game. Exposure to more games, let him put on some muscle, get used to the culture. Hopefully he'll make the U-20 team and if he plays in Shawinigan, he can play with Bournival and get some Memorial Cup experience?
pretty much what i would say. i hope to see him in NA.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
hfboardsuser

Hey Habs fans, not sure if you've seen this yet or not, but the profile on Pribyl from the DobberHockey Prospects Report that I wrote:

Quote:
Daniel Pribyl, C/RW
2010-11 Team: Sparta U20 (Czech U20)

For 6’3, 189 lbs power forward Daniel Pribyl, getting knocked out of the playoffs early might have been the best thing that could have happened to his career. Eighth in Czech U20 scoring with 58 points in 41 games, Pribyl earned a three-game call-up to the Sparta senior team in January but went pointless in limited action.

Enter the post-season. Headlining a deep and talented Sparta junior club, Pribyl and his team were expected to make a run all the way to the U20 Finals. However, that dream came to an abrupt end in the semi-finals. Despite pulling a Jonathan Toews and scoring on three consecutive shoot-out attempts in the final game of the series, Pribyl and Sparta were knocked out by Karlovy Vary.

Impressed by the youngster’s confidence, HC Sparta Praha head coach Miloslav Hořava called up Pribyl for the relegation round, and the rest- as they say- is history. Pribyl tallied two goals and an assist in four games- and should have had even more. According to one Czech media report, he was not credited with an assist on a deserving play in a game against Brno. That same report called his points “Canadian”, about the biggest honor a European player can get.

Blessed with tremendous stickhandling ability and a non-stop motor, Pribyl is a raw but intriguing talent. A capable skater at full-speed, he will need to improve on his first few steps to be as good as he can possibly be.

Upside: Top-six forward, 25-25-50

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Import Draft is happening now, and Pribyl hasn't been picked yet. Does anyone know if he will be?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Import Draft is happening now, and Pribyl hasn't been picked yet. Does anyone know if he will be?
Well Shawinigan passed on him as they just picked a D.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote