HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Official Wawa Discussion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
  #26
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...
 
usahockey22flyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
Wawa vanilla cappuccinos all day

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:24 PM
  #27
i am dave
Registered User
 
i am dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Rosenberger's iced tea is better than Turkey Hill iced tea.

Also, when will the Delaware Valley finally be blessed with a Steak 'N Shake?

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
  #28
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,212
vCash: 539
personally i just cant do burgers.

When i lived in philly i found myself eating mostly sandwiches, weather it be hoagies, or deli's. All my friends talk about wanting to go to Geno's for a cheesesteak, but i cant even recall the last time i had a cheesesteak.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
  #29
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Wawa's convenient...but that's about it. I never go for something Wawa-exclusive. Only reason to get any of their hoagies/other similar **** is if you're super far away from a real sandwich shop.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
  #30
sectachrome
Registered User
 
sectachrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
You dont realize how awesome Wawa really is until you move somewhere that doesnt have any. I moved to CO from South Jersey a couple years ago, and even a 711 is scarce. If you want coffee or need to pick up some milk or something, youre driving to a Starbucks or a grocery store usually. Im used to having a CVS and/or Wawa 5 minutes away no matter where I am. I miss it greatly.

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:32 PM
  #31
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,212
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectachrome View Post
You dont realize how awesome Wawa really is until you move somewhere that doesnt have any. I moved to CO from South Jersey a couple years ago, and even a 711 is scarce. If you want coffee or need to pick up some milk or something, youre driving to a Starbucks or a grocery store usually. Im used to having a CVS and/or Wawa 5 minutes away no matter where I am. I miss it greatly.
I agree. You being to appreciate wawa much more when you are away from it. I've lived in small southern towns where WaWa would be the finest dining option.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
  #32
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,562
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I agree. You being to appreciate wawa much more when you are away from it. I've lived in small southern towns where WaWa would be the finest dining option.
I know exactly what you mean. There are a lot of places in VA where people rely on hunting to eat.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
  #33
King Fish
Registered User
 
King Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Where's ma pizza?
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
I grew up with WAWA, moved down the turnpike and Sheetz is everywhere. Wawa is the NHL, Sheetz is the ECHL. It looks like a movie theater inside and the food is even worse. I live 2 min from a Sheetz and 20 from Wawa, I make the drive.

King Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
  #34
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Hoagie> Burgers


I feel like a burger is what dumb rednecks eat. Hoagie is for the refined northeast my friend.
I find the irony here to be that Wawa's hoagies pale in comparison to most sandwich places in the South Jersey area. Primo's is outstanding, but even most small pizza places give you a better hoagie (albeit more expensive). I love wawa for their drinks and that you can stumble in hammered at 4am and get a sandwich. However as a lunch option it just can't compare to a place like Primos IMO.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
  #35
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Point missed like the others
Would that point be that you called Briere a sniper and then changed your argument when you knew that claim was false?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Wawa's convenient...but that's about it. I never go for something Wawa-exclusive. Only reason to get any of their hoagies/other similar **** is if you're super far away from a real sandwich shop.
The beauty of places like WaWa is their convenience though. I don't say "damn I could use a hoagie, I'm going to WaWa." There are a ton of places I'd go for a hoagie before WaWa. Its the fact that you can get a decent hoagie whenever you want that makes a place like that awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've chauffeured drunken friends to WaWa at like 3 in the morning for a hoagie or donuts or something.


Last edited by Protest: 06-29-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
  #36
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
The watermelon soda is the


why the **** can't I say plural tit?

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
  #37
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,212
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I find the irony here to be that Wawa's hoagies pale in comparison to most sandwich places in the South Jersey area. Primo's is outstanding, but even most small pizza places give you a better hoagie (albeit more expensive). I love wawa for their drinks and that you can stumble in hammered at 4am and get a sandwich. However as a lunch option it just can't compare to a place like Primos IMO.
I agree. In fact my grand parents live right next to a primo's but to be honest there are a couple other hoagie shops on the main line that are way better that we go to. But where im at id eat freakin wawa every day, compared to the lame **** they have down here. 7/11 ugh.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
  #38
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,562
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I agree. In fact my grand parents live right next to a primo's but to be honest there are a couple other hoagie shops on the main line that are way better that we go to. But where im at id eat freakin wawa every day, compared to the lame **** they have down here. 7/11 ugh.
7/11 has slurpees you can put booze in. They sell 40s.

After that, their usefulness is nil.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
  #39
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,672
vCash: 500
Wawa is incredible. I am incredibly upset with two things, however:

(1) They stopped letting you toast your sandwich
(2) They got rid of the grilled/breaded chicken breast sandwiches. Now you can only order "chicken strip" sandwiches, which don't approach the deliciousness of the old chicken sandies.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
  #40
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Discuss Wawa here! Do you think it sucks? Do you think people who thinks it suck are lunatics? Is Sheetz truly better?



All depends which you want. Here in jersey I stop there for gas and a paper. Their subs are the worst and the pretzels at the counter are good for paperweights. All subs start with the bread and wawa's has no taste. If you want a good pretzel, stop at a Philly Pretzel Factory. There is another good place on the White Horse Pike in Stratford. The South Jersey Soft Pretzel and Water Ice Company. Their mustard is awesome to. You want a good sub, stop at Carmen's in Bellmawr. But you had better bring your appetite. Here is a tip. Has anyone ever heard of Murphy's supermarket? Check out one of their subs. The rolls are out of this world and the meats and cheeses are very good. I used to buy at Wawa all the time . But cannot bring myself to buy a sub there. I do stop there in the winter and get a large chili. Have them put some melted cheese and some hot peppers in with it!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
  #41
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
7/11 has slurpees you can put booze in. They sell 40s.

After that, their usefulness is nil.
ive had lemonade/vodka slurpees

I was ok till I stood up haha

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
  #42
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I know exactly what you mean. There are a lot of places in VA where people rely on hunting to eat.
Amen to that. My father in law has a cabin in Virginia and its 20 miles to the nearest anything!!!

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
  #43
Protest
C`est La Vie
 
Protest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deptford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
All depends which you want. Here in jersey I stop there for gas and a paper. Their subs are the worst and the pretzels at the counter are good for paperweights. All subs start with the bread and wawa's has no taste. If you want a good pretzel, stop at a Philly Pretzel Factory. There is another good place on the White Horse Pike in Stratford. The South Jersey Soft Pretzel and Water Ice Company. Their mustard is awesome to. You want a good sub, stop at Carmen's in Bellmawr. But you had better bring your appetite. Here is a tip. Has anyone ever heard of Murphy's supermarket? Check out one of their subs. The rolls are out of this world and the meats and cheeses are very good. I used to buy at Wawa all the time . But cannot bring myself to buy a sub there. I do stop there in the winter and get a large chili. Have them put some melted cheese and some hot peppers in with it!
Is that in Atco on the White Horse Pike?

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
  #44
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,562
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Amen to that. My father in law has a cabin in Virginia and its 20 miles to the nearest anything!!!
Where in VA? NW or SW?

VA is pretty funny, you can go from the center of modern civilization to the 1920s by driving 30 minutes.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:10 PM
  #45
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 300
Wawa makes the best hoagies in town at 3 am in the morning.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
  #46
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
WaWa alllllllll day.

**** Quick Check, ****ing ghetto ass store.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
  #47
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
7/11 has slurpees you can put booze in. They sell 40s.

After that, their usefulness is nil.
7/11 can't even sell alcohol in PA so they are even more worthless here.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:21 PM
  #48
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
7/11 can't even sell alcohol in PA so they are even more worthless here.
Same in NJ.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  #49
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,562
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
7/11 can't even sell alcohol in PA so they are even more worthless here.
7/11 serves basically no purpose then.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:31 PM
  #50
sectachrome
Registered User
 
sectachrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Wawa is incredible. I am incredibly upset with two things, however:

(1) They stopped letting you toast your sandwich
(2) They got rid of the grilled/breaded chicken breast sandwiches. Now you can only order "chicken strip" sandwiches, which don't approach the deliciousness of the old chicken sandies.
Lame. Missing Wawa slightly less now. Do they still have ciabatta melts?

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.