HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp

Old
06-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Todays scrimmage started. Bourque feeds Thomas for the first goal 1-0 Blue
I really have a good feeling about Thomas, even possibly for this season.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:38 AM
skroob**

7'-4"... 540 Pounds ... from Grenoble, France.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:39 AM
MorrisWanchuk

loving this crop of prospects- thomas, hagelin, fasth, borque, mcilrath, erixon etc. All have really solid potential.

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Levitate

I think BPA doesn't always mean what people think it does...a lot of factors can go into a team deciding if a player is BPA or if someone else is. Organizational depth and need and what kind of players in general they like...I don't think there's really a consensus BPA in a lot of circumstances

e: Yogan scores to even it up at 1

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:46 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

So McIlrath's skating is improved and he's assuming a leadership role. Good. What I like most about the kid though is that he is smart. Very smart. Listen to him in interviews and he is not some guy who just came in from the farm. He's very intelligent and well spoken and that's a trait that serves anyone well in their chosen profession. Guys like this continue to learn and grow.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
So McIlrath's skating is improved and he's assuming a leadership role. Good. What I like most about the kid though is that he is smart. Very smart. Listen to him in interviews and he is not some guy who just came in from the farm. He's very intelligent and well spoken and that's a trait that serves anyone well in their chosen profession. Guys like this continue to learn and grow.
To be honest it also makes me more hopeful for his developing of his hockey sense, etc. Being able to analyze what's going on out there and adapt to it is something that can be helped by being a smart guy

Old
06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Mugless

By the looks of that video, McIlrath has room to fill out. Kid is going to be a monster.

Mugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Apparently McIlrath's times on the conditioning drills were similar to last year, but perhaps he's improved his form and is a more efficient skater:

Quote:
BIGGER MAC: I spoke briefly with Mark Messier this morning about McIlrath, whose skating appeared to be much improved in yesterday’s drills, but whose times were actually almost exactly the same as they were on the same conditioning tests at last summer’s training camp. Messier attributed the perceived improvement to McIlrath being bigger, stronger and more confident, and added that work with Barbara Underhill may have helped the 6-4 defenseman make his stride better.

The role I play, I’m going to need to be laying the body out,” McIlrath said. “You can’t do that if you’re too light on your feet. I’m trying to work on all aspects in the gym, getting quicker but still adding muscle. The role I play, I need to be a bigger guy, and I’m feeling pretty confident that all aspects in the gym and on the ice are getting a lot better.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...art-for-jesper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Good point Bob.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
By the looks of that video, McIlrath has room to fill out. Kid is going to be a monster.
Yeah, definitely looks like he has room to put on some more weight

Donny Maloney gives white the 2-1 lead with a shot through traffic to end the first half of the scrimmage. Much tighter game today...

Old
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Levitate

Jesse Spector
@NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
McIlrath has a big shot from the point. He looks more confident with each passing minute

Old
06-29-2011, 10:13 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugless View Post
Yeah, Mac is going to be a monster of a human (maybe even a Huge Human like Mike Sauer ).

Glad he's been able to improve his game. We should stop pointing out how we wanted someone else (I wanted Tarasenko ) and just hope this kid becomes a beast.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
McIlrath still has to grow a beard though. It worked for Mara. It made him crazy.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
E Nixson
Powered by Intel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
His name is Andrew Silard. He wasn't on the invite roster on the Rangers site, but Zip had him playing for the Blue team during the scrimmage. Not many references to him on Google, so he's probably nothing. Curious though.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...scrimmage_8-3/
I think I know Andrew Silard from the CT hockey programs from a long time ago... I think he plays (or at least used to play) for the top prep school Kent. He is from Greenwich CT. I didn't know he was good enough to get an invite to Rangers camp.

E Nixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
McIlrath still has to grow a beard though. It worked for Mara. It made him crazy.
Agreed, the swag of our defense would go up a ton if we just had a 6'5" monster with a huge beard patrolling the blueline.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Orr Nightmare

McIlrath is a bust, he should be cut already. We needed to draft every other pick but him.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:56 AM
NYR Viper

Loving McColgan already. Hard-nosed kid who brings energy and skill. Sound familiar? Callahan, Bourque, McColgan. Starting to see a trend.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:00 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
6'3" here

And goons are not needed, but someone that can fight and score is a awesome combination (Howe, Messier, etc)
I don't think I know a Croat or Serb who is under 6'0 lol.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

6' 3" 185 here

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this slobbering love affair with mcilrath after exactly 1 1/2 days of rookie camp is hillarious. just like last year, people were drooling over his size and his um...well....his size.

hes playing against rooks and shlubs. he better stand out. he was the 10th pick for gods sake.

im happy he looks bigger and more confident, thats what happens when you compare him year over year. thats good. he should be bigger and more confident and look better at a minimum.

but this minute by minute reporting....

''mcilrath with a huge shot from the point''
''mcilrath looks like hes faster''
''mcilrath with a nice play to break up a rush''
''mcilrath just took a crap''

this is getting silly. you guys did this last year too. then people start saying, based upon those tweets...'' ya know, im starting to like him more and more compared to draft day when i thought it was a mistake to draft him at 10''.

all based upon his individual shifts at rook camp.

from most accounts, he had a rather mediocre 2010-2011 season.

can we just chill a bit before we start measuring him for his rangers sweater....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this slobbering love affair with mcilrath after exactly 1 1/2 days of rookie camp is hillarious. just like last year, people were drooling over his size and his um...well....his size.

hes playing against rooks and shlubs. he better stand out. he was the 10th pick for gods sake.

im happy he looks bigger and more confident, thats what happens when you compare him year over year. thats good. he should be bigger and more confident and look better at a minimum.

this is getting silly. you guys did this last year too. then people start saying, based upon those tweets...'' ya know, im starting to like him more and more compared to draft day when i thought it was a mistake to draft him at 10''.

can we just chill a bit before we start measuring him for his rangers sweater....
You forgot something so I'll add it for you:

....Tarasenko

Quit your whining.

If I had $1 for every time I saw that in one of your posts, I'd be sipping blue drinks on my own private Island. The kid looks good. Get over it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:22 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Maybe it's the "slobbering hate affair" that has you so disturbed by this? So you're telling me our beatwriters reporting on his improved skating, and Messier confirming he's gotten bigger and stronger, is irrelevant, and as fans, we should not care about those circumstances? I don't see you taking offense to the praise extended in this thread to players like Thomas & Fasth in a similar fashion based on other reports from this development camp.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:32 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:

He was drafted as a bit of a "project" with results not being immediate. The fact that there is progression being reported during prospect camp is certainly a positive. Is it over the top? Sure, quite a bit, however it's the end of June and the Rangers are conducting prospect camp. It's kind of the only relevant hockey news us fans can get until noon on Friday when Sather starts throwing out sacks with dollar signs on them.

Quote:

Okay, this made me laugh out loud in the office.

Quote:
this is getting silly. you guys did this last year too.
If you want to talk about doing something last year too, let's talk you and the negativity. There is nothing wrong with getting excited about our prospects. There really is a lack of happy medium here, which is good, because it means we're all opinionated fans. It can't all be sunshine & lollipops, just as it can't be all gloom & doom. I remember the lack of NHL prospects in our system in the 90s and early part of this decade, far too well. I'll take overhyping our kids with NHL futures over talking up fringe AHL/ECHL players, as hfboards would have then.

Quote:
...then people start saying, based upon those tweets...'' ya know, im starting to like him more and more compared to draft day when i thought it was a mistake to draft him at 10''.

You say a mediocre season... I say one in which our "project" was developing, as he should've been. Glass half-full versus glass half-empty.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Levitate

You know what else was silly

Enver Lisin

Old
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
TreeSapLlama

Quote:
Wait, are you actually complaining about getting too many updates from development camp? I would prefer minute by minute reporting of the entire thing If it were possible. Don't complain about lots of reporting simply because you don't like the player. He was a high pick, he gets more attention. Don't see anything to complain about.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
TheRedViper

Quote:

from most accounts, he had a
rather mediocre 2010-2011 season.

Seriously why do you feel the need to troll EVERY single McIlrath post? Your hate of the pick and
player is well documented, you don't need to re-establish it every time a positive thing is said about the kid.

Get over yourself

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote