HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins seeking assets for Kaberle's negotiating rights

Old
06-29-2011, 11:07 AM
mtsurette

vCash: 500
As far as trading the rights to negotiate with Kaberle, I'm fine if the B's want to do that. In his time here, he never really impressed me. I guess being a lifelong Boston Bruins fan, I want D that aren't afraid to play the body and have great shots. I'm not looking for the slick passing, but not much else package. If we could get ANYTHING, a 4th, 5th rounder, I'd take it. I think it seems pretty obvious that he's not re-signign in Boston. Chia's comments towards the end of the regular season where he pretty much said Kaberle wasn't what they thought they were getting led me to believe he was a goner then.

As for the teams trading negotiating rights, I think thats fine. If a team wants to give up an asset for the ability to talk to a player a few days before anyone, thats their right. And if you make that trade, and the player walks, then it's your loss.

mtsurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
The Leafs have no UFA's that would be worth anything for their rights.
Ahh, maybe when they get a good UFA to be and don't trade them at the trade deadline since they have no hopes for the playoffs and still have the rights of said player after the playoffs, your double standard will shine some light. You honestly can't tell me that you don't want something in compensation of a UFA to be you know you're not resigning...

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Darth Bangkok

It won't be long before everyone is trading these rights and then sign the guy anyway.

Darth Bangkok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Its Alright Ma

Normally Chia would take a ton of flack for how bad the Kaberle deal was, but hey, they won the cup. Every other move Chia made over the past year was genius

I'll be a bit upset if Colborne pans out for Toronto, but probably not as upset as Leafs fans will be if Seguin and Hamilton pan out for the Bruins

Its Alright Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Mione134

I know Kabby helped us move the puck more than before, but he was a big let down.

As a huge fan and supporter of Colborne, it PAINS me he got traded for him. He's going to be a special player.

But I'm happy Burke didn't get his original wish and get Knight. I know he was pushing HARD for him. At least the damage was little.

If we can get back a 4th rounder for Kabby, I'll be happy. Hopefully sign Wiz. Always loved his game.

Mione134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I know Kabby helped us move the puck more than before, but he was a big let down.

As a huge fan and supporter of Colborne, it PAINS me he got traded for him. He's going to be a special player.

But I'm happy Burke didn't get his original wish and get Knight. I know he was pushing HARD for him. At least the damage was little.
If we can get back a 4th rounder for Kabby, I'll be happy. Hopefully sign Wiz. Always loved his game.
Whatever you say.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
Whatever you say.
It was reported that he was by a Bruins beat writer who is very accurate. Keep telling yourself Knight is a mediocre prospect. It will only be better for us when he comes up and develops into a good player

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithM098 View Post
See ya never Kaberle. God damn stiff, I'll take a alte pick for him I dont care. Guy was useless, he improved in the last 4 games of the SC, but my god this guy was atrocious
I honestly cannot believe how god awful Kaberle was. I watched every Bruins game in the post season and hell it was remarkable. Dustin Penner in LA was better, and that is a damn accomplishment. This was easily one of the worst trades in a decade, albeit not because either team was fleeced but simply due to how bad the acquired talent was.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Whatever you say.
keep being delusional.

our beat writer is not a liar and a very reliable source.

Deal with it.

Old
06-29-2011, 11:49 AM
8BostonRocker24

#6 UFA (in a few days) defensemen are not worth a whole lot...

Boston is wasting their time trying to get anything for him.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:57 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
keep being delusional.

our beat writer is not a liar and a very reliable source.

Deal with it.
The only piece we got that I'd have traded for Knight is the 2nd rounder, but we got pretty good value on that. Happy with Colborne in Leafsland.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Mione134

^ you should be.

I was adamantly against trading him. I followed his game before he was even drafted. He's got the tools man. I'm still having a hard time dealing with his departure.

Old
06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
SomeoneGreat

Quote:
^ you should be.

I was adamantly against trading him. I followed his game before he was even drafted. He's got the tools man. I'm still having a hard time dealing with his departure.
I would think the Cup helps deal with that pain.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:09 PM
KeithM098
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
I honestly cannot believe how god awful Kaberle was. I watched every Bruins game in the post season and hell it was remarkable. Dustin Penner in LA was better, and that is a damn accomplishment. This was easily one of the worst trades in a decade, albeit not because either team was fleeced but simply due to how bad the acquired talent was.
i was happy when we got him too which sucks our piss poor power play got WORSE when he came here...something that i thought was impossible

time for him to leave, hopefully Dougie can fill this need in a year or 2

KeithM098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:21 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Whatever you say.
Simply put Knight > Colbourne when the bruins FO was negotiating the trade. He is considered by many to be more talented than Joe (who very well could be a bust).

Colbourne wouldnt even crack the top 3 on the bruins prospect lists right now with 2 studs in the making (Seguin, hamilton), and Knight.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:23 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Simply put Knight > Colbourne when the bruins FO was negotiating the trade. He is considered by many to be more talented than Joe (who very well could be a bust).

Colbourne wouldnt even crack the top 3 on the bruins prospect lists right now with 2 studs in the making (Seguin, hamilton), and Knight.
seguin isn't a prospect, so yeah, he would be in the top 3

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:31 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
seguin isn't a prospect, so yeah, he would be in the top 3
He was 5th before being traded last year... so no, he would not be in Boston's top 3. He wouldn't be in the top 5 after this draft.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
I would think the Cup helps deal with that pain.
hehe well..only a little

Old
06-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
This is ridiculous, stop trading the rights and let the player go to Free angency, it really gets annoying, please fix this in the new CBA
Just because a player's rights have been traded does not mean that the player has to sign with the team who aquired his rights. I think it was last year that Nashville trading the rights to Hamhuis to Philly last year with Philly being unable to come to an agreement with him. Vancouver wound up signing him as a UFA.

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote