HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kaberle to test market Friday

Old
06-28-2011, 11:07 PM
SenorDingDong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnRocks View Post
I am no fan of Kaberle by any stretch and hope he walks, but the number of people who say his playoffs were awful is pretty funny.

The guy tied Seidenberg for most playoff points by a Bruins defenseman on their Stanley Cup Champion team and it's like he was invisible. Those points didn't score themselves.

Plus keep in mind that Seidenberg probably averaged close to 10 extra minutes (at least) per game in the playoffs.

Geez. At least give credit where it's due.
Quoting cause it needs to be read again by everyone.

SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:14 PM
canadiansbronco

Quote:
I am no fan of Kaberle by any stretch and hope he walks, but the number of people who say his playoffs were awful is pretty funny.

The guy tied Seidenberg for most playoff points by a Bruins defenseman on their Stanley Cup Champion team and it's like he was invisible. Those points didn't score themselves.

Plus keep in mind that Seidenberg probably averaged close to 10 extra minutes (at least) per game in the playoffs.

Seinderberg was awesome because he was shutdown but kaberle was awefull the guy was causing turnovers everytime he was touching the puck and didnt do squat on the PP wiche was suppose to be an expert

And i would bet a lot of money that 90 % of his 11 point (not alot) came during the blowout wins against the nucks

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:23 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

he'll get 5 million per if he makes it to ufa, he's the only guy left if erhoff signs

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Wouldn't mind Kaberle on the Wings, but not as our primary pickup. He's a left side guy. We have these as natural left side guys on our roster:

Lidstrom
Kronwall
Stuart
Ericsson (if he re-signs)

and all of our current options are lefty shots. While I don't stress the need for a righty shot like some do, we do need some guys that naturally play the right side at a top 4 level of hockey. Kaberle isn't the answer to that, but he would make a fine 'other' pickup.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

He and Ehrhoff will go to Detroit.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
He and Ehrhoff will go to Detroit.
Where does Wiz go then? The Wings would target him ahead of either, most likely. I'd take that's some sort of implication another team beats the Wings to Wiz.

Old
06-28-2011, 11:52 PM
100angryvikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Probably go to some losing team with no future. Help someone get to the cap floor then play his usual uninspired, soft, gutless, heartless, careless style until his contract is up and he can go sit in a comfy chair and read for the rest of his life as his double chin turns into a triple chin and eventually you can't even notice he has a chin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
So he's going back to the Leafs
Did you think that one up all by yourself there sport?

U so funny!

100angryvikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:14 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

being traded to Boston was terrible for Kaberle's negotiating leverage... he was horrible there and his playoffs showed how he's not a playoff performer at all.

I think his time in Boston will scare a lot of teams... and it will also hurt his overall price... if he had finished the year in Toronto, I could see him garnering more interest overall and a higher price tag... now, I'm guessing most of the interest will coming from lower end teams trying to get to the cap floor than top end contenders looking for a quality PMD.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Richter35

5yr/20M deal to DET would suit their M.O. Need somebody to replace Rafalski, will be banking on Kabs regaining some of his form in their system, get a good caphit. When I've seen him play he seems to have a decent/good defensive game, 4M to a guy that actually can play defense isn't a bad deal given the current cap level.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Brent Burns
Ryane Cloews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
5yr/20M deal to DET would suit their M.O. Need somebody to replace Rafalski, will be banking on Kabs regaining some of his form in their system, get a good caphit. When I've seen him play he seems to have a decent/good defensive game, 4M to a guy that actually can play defense isn't a bad deal given the current cap level.
That's a price many teams would pay though. Sharks would throw 4M at him for sure.

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Detroit is a logical choice for Kaberle but Kaberle isn't a logical choice for Detroit. He's a second choice for Detroit, because their primary need is at right defense.

#1 -- Wisniewski: Lives in Detroit during the offseason, trains with Detroit's players, can possibly replace some of Rafalski's offense AND much-needed grit to the blue line

#2 -- Ehrhoff: Can possibly replace more offense than Wiz, but doesn't add the grit Wiz does nor have the local ties.

Old
06-29-2011, 12:30 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

You'd have to think Kaberle will try to go back to Toronto since he loved it so much. I can picture him standing outside the ACC on July 1st knocking on doors and windows while the Leafs management team hides inside pretending they aren't there.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:44 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

I see Detroit, Dallas, Montreal, Boston, Carolina, Florida, and Minnesota as teams that will be at least kicking tires on Kaberle.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Ehrhoff and Seidenberg reunited in Boston.

The German trenches.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:11 PM
KeithM098
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Im going to call this now, 5yr 25m Detroit. Match made in heaven.
it will be a crime if he gets that much

KeithM098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

List of quality OFD in order:

1) Ehrhoff
2) Wiz
3) Kaberle

That said, Detroit signs the second best one to replace Rafalski because they still have Norris winner Lidstrom, and that's the Wiz. And hErhoff will get humongous money from a team truly desperate for an OFD (many options here-- I don't see him signing in NYI unless the money's over 6m a year-- he wants the market).

If all else fails for Detroit in their offers for Wiz and Ehrhoff, then they'll test the Kaberle waters but I don't see them going too hard after him. He'd be a good fit I think as Detroit has someone like Wallin they can pair him with effectively.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:23 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
Seinderberg was awesome because he was shutdown but kaberle was awefull the guy was causing turnovers everytime he was touching the puck and didnt do squat on the PP wiche was suppose to be an expert

And i would bet a lot of money that 90 % of his 11 point (not alot) came during the blowout wins against the nucks

You'd owe money then.

He got 3 points in the final series with 2 of the 3 in the 5-2 win. He got 1 point in a blowout.

His "not a lot" of points ranked him 3rd among all NHL defensemen for the playoffs (with very few minutes).

How many goals against was he on the ice for in the final?

The biggest problem for Kaberle in Boston is Boston doesn't play a skilled game. Put Kaberle on a team like Detroit and you'll see something interesting.

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:24 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Is Kaberle going to be staying out east? Or is it possible he'll cave and come out west?

06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:

And Seidenberg was playing a shutdown role against the top lines while Kaberle was playing on the 3rd pair.

He had a couple of very good games and some pretty bad games, overall he was mediocre.
If he wants a pay cut is more than welcome, if not...thanks a lot and good luck.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
KiwiPuck217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
You'd have to think Kaberle will try to go back to Toronto since he loved it so much. I can picture him standing outside the ACC on July 1st knocking on doors and windows while the Leafs management team hides inside pretending they aren't there.
I wouldn't mind if Leafs sign Kaberle back to replace Komi
of course no one's willing to take Komi from us

KiwiPuck217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
I wouldn't mind seeing him land in Calgary with Regher gone, I think Kaberle would be a good replacement for him. For the right price of course.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Boston BROin
Marchand makes u mad

Send a message via AIM to Boston BROin Send a message via Yahoo to Boston BROin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithM098 View Post
it will be a crime if he gets that much
Get ready to call the cops, then. I'm sure some team will offer Kaberle around 5 mil. He has to be asking around that.

Boston BROin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
stish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
I think the Leafs will trade two 1sts for him and Boston will accept before anyone tells the Leafs it was unnecessary..
.........crickets...........

stish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
You'd owe money then.

He got 3 points in the final series with 2 of the 3 in the 5-2 win. He got 1 point in a blowout.

His "not a lot" of points ranked him 3rd among all NHL defensemen for the playoffs (with very few minutes).

How many goals against was he on the ice for in the final?

The biggest problem for Kaberle in Boston is Boston doesn't play a skilled game. Put Kaberle on a team like Detroit and you'll see something interesting.
Anyone who thinks his production was remarkable considering how little he played should look at his PP min.

He was 5th on the team in even strength production and 5th in even strength ice time- leading only Adam McQuaid

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:23 PM
LuongosTirePump

Kaberle's so overrated. The guy's softer then soft serve ice cream for crying out loud. Hit him a couple times, he starts rushing those passes. Also last time I checked he didn't do the Bruins many favors in the TB series. I dunno, Bruins fans would of been super pissed had they not won the cup based on what they gave to the leafs, but obviously that's not the case today junior. I feel bad for the team that will be writing his paychecks next year.

LuongosTirePump is offline   Reply With Quote