HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs interested in Hemsky.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
  #51
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
It's certainly not with players like Hemsky that we're going to win that 25th cup.
How many of our under 28 players have played in a Cup finals?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
  #52
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
It's certainly not with players like Hemsky that we're going to win that 25th cup.
Hemsky would improve our team. Saying otherwise is inaccurate. Will he be a catalyst to a cup? Probably not, but his talent and production is there, he'd make us a better team, it's up to guys like gomez to pick up their game if we want to win a cup.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:57 PM
  #53
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Lately the amount of management bashing on this forum has been laughable.

It's one thing to do it in a thread discussing management. It's entirely another story to make a backhanded comment in any thread related to any player you do or don't like.

I honestly think the mods should just start handing out infractions when people come into a thread and derail it by saying stuff like that "No surprise, another soft euro, he'll fit right in" especially when the player they're talking about is a player they've clearly never once seen play.

An opinion is one thing, having an agenda against management and using any possible thread to repeatedly say stuff like that adds no content to the thread and people get it already, you don't need to put your backhanded comments about management in every thread that pops up.

As per Hemsky I'd like to see what he could do for us but like some others have mentioned it's TFP. Not the most reliable source.

That having been said can we keep the discussion about Hemsky and not derail it by having a pissing contest about management? Ultimately by bringing it up in the thread and making backhanded comments you're basically attempting to troll.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
  #54
Habs_46
Registered User
 
Habs_46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
It's certainly not with players like Hemsky that we're going to win that 25th cup.
I think this is a pretty ridiculous comment...

Pretty sure Edmonton where 1 game away with a guy like Hemsky...
And I think the Habs have a way better team then Edmonton did when they went to the finals..

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
  #55
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
You trade for a Hemsky, and then sign a Cole to be in Montreal too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
  #56
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Lately the amount of management bashing on this forum has been laughable.

It's one thing to do it in a thread discussing management. It's entirely another story to make a backhanded comment in any thread related to any player you do or don't like.

I honestly think the mods should just start handing out infractions when people come into a thread and derail it by saying stuff like that "No surprise, another soft euro, he'll fit right in" especially when the player they're talking about is a player they've clearly never once seen play.

An opinion is one thing, having an agenda against management and using any possible thread to repeatedly say stuff like that adds no content to the thread and people get it already, you don't need to put your backhanded comments about management in every thread that pops up.

As per Hemsky I'd like to see what he could do for us but like some others have mentioned it's TFP. Not the most reliable source.

That having been said can we keep the discussion about Hemsky and not derail it by having a pissing contest about management? Ultimately by bringing it up in the thread and making backhanded comments you're basically attempting to troll.
While it is annoying. It's still an opinion is it not? I don't agree with it but it's almost like removing anything like "another french player?" "another small player?" "another project?", at a certain point, it's up to posters to stay on topic.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:01 PM
  #57
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You trade for a Hemsky, and then sign a Cole to be in Montreal too.
Cole is a Hab killer, he will score in his own net

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
  #58
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
they need a center and they need good defensmen. would you do gomez + gorges for hemsky? would they?
Of course we wouldn't do that. The asking price listed above you was correct- 1st + prospect (Tinordi). Even if you think that's outrageous, some team will pay it as we saw with Penner.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
  #59
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Cole is a Hab killer, he will score in his own net
And celebrate on top of that.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
  #60
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,321
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Of course we wouldn't do that. The asking price listed above you was correct- 1st + prospect (Tinordi). Even if you think that's outrageous, some team will pay it as we saw with Penner.
That's... Actually less than I thought it would be.

And if it were the case, I'd seriously consider it.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
  #61
Pleky Roks
Registered User
 
Pleky Roks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_46 View Post
Appears Habs have inquired about Ales Hemsky.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/edm110627.html

Discuss....

Hemsky is good and all, but he's soft, not very big and not the physical presence the Habs need in their top 6. The Habs need to be looking at guys like Scott Hartnell, Dustin Penner, Ryan Clowe and guys like that.
The Habs have enough firepower upfront with Pleks, Cammalleri, Gionta and whatever offence Pacioretty and Kostitsyn can provide, but we need bigger linemates for them that can play hockey AND play a physical game to make room for our smaller snipers and playmakers to create offence without getting bowled over. A big body in the slot, in front of the net and in the corners handling the rough stuff would make things much easier on the smaller guys.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:19 PM
  #62
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Hemsky is good and all, but he's soft, not very big and not the physical presence the Habs need in their top 6. The Habs need to be looking at guys like Scott Hartnell, Dustin Penner, Ryan Clowe and guys like that.
The Habs have enough firepower upfront with Pleks, Cammalleri, Gionta and whatever offence Pacioretty and Kostitsyn can provide, but we need bigger linemates for them that can play hockey AND play a physical game to make room for our smaller snipers and playmakers to create offence without getting bowled over. A big body in the slot, in front of the net and in the corners handling the rough stuff would make things much easier on the smaller guys.
The habs need more top line talent and less top 6 complementary wingers.

Hemsky is a 1st line winger and a great playmaker, something we lack. If he came at a good trading price, I would not pass up that opportunity.

And Hemsky is not soft. He may not be some physical monster, but he is not soft.

Only in Montreal are people so brain washed that they'd rather pass up on top line talent for grit.

Giroux and Briere are not physical, yet they are the Flyers two best players.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:26 PM
  #63
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Hemsky is good and all, but he's soft, not very big and not the physical presence the Habs need in their top 6. The Habs need to be looking at guys like Scott Hartnell, Dustin Penner, Ryan Clowe and guys like that.
The Habs have enough firepower upfront with Pleks, Cammalleri, Gionta and whatever offence Pacioretty and Kostitsyn can provide, but we need bigger linemates for them that can play hockey AND play a physical game to make room for our smaller snipers and playmakers to create offence without getting bowled over. A big body in the slot, in front of the net and in the corners handling the rough stuff would make things much easier on the smaller guys.
Hartnell is not a top 6 forward and is a chicken against real tough guys. Hence the moniker "Heartless Hartnell".

Not only that, but Czechs are some of the more reliable Euros around. Funny that a man who likes Pleks ignores that.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
  #64
supertzar
Registered User
 
supertzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Exactly what this team does not need more of...

We already have enough smallish, speedy 15-20 goal scorers.

supertzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
  #65
Hullois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Of course we wouldn't do that. The asking price listed above you was correct- 1st + prospect (Tinordi). Even if you think that's outrageous, some team will pay it as we saw with Penner.
That is outrageous, I wouldn't even do Hemsky for Tinordi.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
  #66
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,033
vCash: 500
I love Hemsky but he's just too injury prone to take a risk.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  #67
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Exactly what this team does not need more of...

We already have enough smallish, speedy 15-20 goal scorers.
Even Strength Offense? Playmaking wingers? 1st Line forwards?

Yeah, because we have that in abundance.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
  #68
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Exactly what this team does not need more of...

We already have enough smallish, speedy 15-20 goal scorers.
people have no clue.

Yah the canadiens are budding with 1st line playmakers on their team. They definitely need less 1st line ppg talent.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:36 PM
  #69
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
4.1 milion dollar cap hit, 70 points, 1 year left on his contract. go for it. he's speedy and got magic hands.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
  #70
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Hmm... Hemsky huh?

Great player, maybe play him beside Pleky, and Camm... Only problem is, I would want him to shoot at minimum 180 shots at goal... He seems to look for pass first, and with those 2, it would be very enticing. However passers get lost out there if they dont shoot the freakin puck (look at guys like Gomez, Tanguay or Kaberle).

He'd be a decent fit for a RW'er though... that is where the hole is in the top 6, and he is a relative upgrade over Andrei, who then could slip down and play with Eller/Desharnais.
And be a fantastic cover in case of injury.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:41 PM
  #71
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertzar View Post
Exactly what this team does not need more of...

We already have enough smallish, speedy 15-20 goal scorers.
He's not a speedy 15-20 goal scorer. He's a 15-20G playmaker that usually gets close to 1pt/gp ratio. Considering we don't have one player that comes close to that, I'd say we can certainly use him.

I don't particularly want Hemsky. I would aim for quite a few other players before, but I wouldn't downplay his skills nor would I be disappointed if management got him (obviously depending on the return).

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
  #72
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Ales Hemsky ($4.100m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m)
Aaron Palushaj ($0.883m) / Ryan White ($0.850m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
/ Mathieu Darche ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($2.200m)
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
James Wisniewski ($4.600m) / Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)
Yannick Weber ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,170,509; BONUSES: $487,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,129,491

ship spacek somewhere, hell maybe even edmonton, they need to get to the floor don't they?

hemsky for kristo and a 1st rounder.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:46 PM
  #73
JackZap
Registered User
 
JackZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,080
vCash: 500
perfect fit for habs, soft and always injured

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:50 PM
  #74
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,282
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
That is outrageous, I wouldn't even do Hemsky for Tinordi.
So guy who may or may not make the NHL as a defensive d>>than 1st line winger under contract? While I would be unsure about adding a 1st to the deal, tinordi alone is a sure yes for me.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
  #75
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby
 
RoyBoyCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lennoxville, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
people have no clue.

Yah the canadiens are budding with 1st line playmakers on their team. They definitely need less 1st line ppg talent.


I don't think people realize that Hemsky would become the best forward we've had in a long time.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.