HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Czech Centre Daniel Pribyl - 6th Round 168th Overall

Old
06-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Well Shawinigan passed on him as they just picked a D.
They're retarded. It's free marketing having Habs property players in your line-up and the memorial cup experience would of been really good for Pribyl...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
shamrun

http://www.leaguestat.com/chl/memcup...1&draft_id=107

for anyone that wants to follow.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:07 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Doesnt look like he'll be picked then.. but I certainly hope he does.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Maxpac

Drummondville still has 2 picks. Would be nice to see him there...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
They're retarded. It's free marketing having Habs property players in your line-up and the memorial cup experience would of been really good for Pribyl...
Maybe they didn't think he'll come over.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Can't anyone else pick him. Don't know how this works..

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It would have been nice as an adjustment period before being asked to play pro in North America, but he'll be playing full time in the Extraliga against men next year, and maybe he thinks that'll be more valuable than competing against boys in junior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Maybe they didn't think he'll come over.
Most likely, although I've already seen a couple of Russians picked (Zharkov, Kuptsov, Shalimov) that might stand the same chance of actually coming over, unless they have already clearly stated their intentions (I have no clue).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
The Hitmen picked Viktor Rask third overall and he's basically on record saying he won't play in the CHL, so that was bizarre in its own right.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The Hitmen picked Viktor Rask third overall and he's basically on record saying he won't play in the CHL, so that was bizarre in its own right.
Well Trunev was taken very high as well so it isn't unheard for teams to waste high picks before getting a prior agreement made.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well Trunev was taken very high as well so it isn't unheard for teams to waste high picks before getting a prior agreement made.
Well that one was even more confusing, because of Trunev's prior agreement with Shawinigan. And then Portland swooped in and ****ed the whole thing up, for reasons I still can't quite figure out.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Well that one was even more confusing, because of Trunev's prior agreement with Shawinigan. And then Portland swooped in and ****ed the whole thing up, for reasons I still can't quite figure out.
Portland's coach had worked with him in 2 summer camps in the previous years.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Wow today has been disappointing news all over the map (literally).

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Wow today has been disappointing news all over the map (literally).
Wait until Friday p.m and the following couple of weeks. It's gonna get worse. They gonna have to sign Pyatt back.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

The only bright spot of the day is Weber's contract.

If I understand correctly, junior teams can't sign Euros (outside of this draft), right?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:39 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Shawinigan had a deal with Gregory Hofmann and he back out of his deal last night to stay in his home country (mistake imo)

I doubt Pribyl was ever in play for Shawinigan, hope he get good ice time with his home club in czech republic but i doubt he get more than 4th line duties

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Shawinigan had a deal with Gregory Hofmann and he back out of his deal last night to stay in his home country (mistake imo)

I doubt Pribyl was ever in play for Shawinigan, hope he get good ice time with his home club in czech republic but i doubt he get more than 4th line duties
Well, that's just how it goes overseas in Sweden, Finland, Czech Rep., Russia, etc. Underagers, almost no matter what, pay their dues in limited roles. It doesn't seem to adversely affect the good ones, as we've seen many times before (even the great Lidstrom, at 18, only played 20 games in a very limited role for Vasteras, for example). It's the practice icetime where the coaches really take the time to polish them up as teenagers.

Old
06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
That's hugely disappointing. Habs management has to be more active in convincing the player and the CHL teams.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Well, that's just how it goes overseas in Sweden, Finland, Czech Rep., Russia, etc. Underagers, almost no matter what, pay their dues in limited roles. It doesn't seem to adversely affect the good ones, as we've seen many times before (even the great Lidstrom, at 18, only played 20 games in a very limited role for Vasteras, for example). It's the practice icetime where the coaches really take the time to polish them up as teenagers.
yeaa but thats my issue, hockey in czech republic has gone down the toilet in the last 5-6 years and i would question the quality of their coaching. Looking for to see what kind of ice time /role he get.

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
yeaa but thats my issue, hockey in czech republic has gone down the toilet in the last 5-6 years and i would question the quality of their coaching. Looking for to see what kind of ice time /role he get.
I don't know if I'm prepared to consider it a constant downward trend (certainly not a disturbingly steep one). Maybe overall, but it could just be a couple of lean years in talent, as many other countries have experienced. I don't know that the actual quality of instruction has gone down, but I know that a lot of their potential players in recent years have had the CHL and KHL open up to them as possibilities, diluting the talent pool a bit. On the plus side, that means that the absolute cream of the crop that stays there tends to get slightly bigger roles than they would have in years passed. It's the marginal prospects that decide to stay home that suffer the most developmentally. Pribyl is certainly in the former group, not the latter.

Old
06-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Take it with a grain of salt, since it's coming from Jeremy Rainville at CKAC (though he has to take his infos somewhere, it's not coming from him that's for sure...), but we might know why Pribyl wasn't picked up sooner in the draft. Seems that Pribyl still has a 3-year contract with his actual team with no possibility of braking it. Now, I know, money can brake everything, just not sure the Habs are the type of team to be that proactive...let's hope I'm wrong...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Felix Perreault

So ... ! He's got 2 goal in 15 games ... But anyone have video ? Or news about his play so far this season ?

Does his developement his better or equal to a 6th round pick ?

Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
So ... ! He's got 2 goal in 15 games ... But anyone have video ? Or news about his play so far this season ?

Does his developement his better or equal to a 6th round pick ?
If you look at the entire team, it's pretty obvious that none of the U20s on it get any amount of responsibilities at this point, which isn't unusual. I haven't found/seen any video of him this year, but I expect you wouldn't be able to tell too much about him from it anyway. I'm still hoping we see him in North America sooner than later, obviously in Hamilton to start, but I don't think the organization will even consider bringing him over until they see him in a larger role over there first.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Joannie9

Any update on him ?

Joannie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannie9 View Post
Any update on him ?
He has I believe 9 points in 20 games playing against men in primarily a checking role. He also turned 20 this week and so just missed out on the WJC.

He's talented but won't make the NHL unless he improves his skating. Hopefully they bring him over to the AHL, because skating is the weakness of virtually every Czech prospect right now and it's clearly something he's better off learning elsewhere.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannie9 View Post
Any update on him ?
Pretty sure he's solidly in the lineup these days (top 9?), and moved up out of the spots used for grooming young players (he's still on his junior contract, of course). Promising U20s Prochazka and Simon are pretty much fighting for that role now, and I don't think Sekac's coming over from the KHL on loan is providing much of an obstacle to further development. A lot of young skilled size being developed on the wings(/forward in general) in the Czech republic these days, it would seem. Et le But is correct in his concern about the skating of that skilled size over there, though.