Old
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Penner is an UFA next year.

This year he is LA's top left wing. Sorta puts a reality check on the whole LA IS THE BESTEST TEAM IN THE PACIFIC
No kidding. I know Richards is a better player than Simmonds/Smyth but if you look at only the stats, the Kings lost 37 goals and 40 assists in those two players. They gained 23 goals and 43 assists in Richards.

They are now short on the wings with both Smyth and Simmonds gone. They had better hope their "exceptional" farm system can provide someone who can play the wing.

Plus they lost Schenn...........

It might be a little early to give them the pacific!

Old
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
No kidding. I know Richards is a better player than Simmonds/Smyth but if you look at only the stats, the Kings lost 37 goals and 40 assists in those two players. They gained 23 goals and 43 assists in Richards.

They are now short on the wings with both Smyth and Simmonds gone. They had better hope their "exceptional" farm system can provide someone who can play the wing.

Plus they lost Schenn...........

It might be a little early to give them the pacific!
Plus, Richards played on a team with much more firepower offensively and a much more open system. In Murray's system I highly doubt Richards will sniff PPG anytime soon. I expect about 25 goals and 30 assists from him and I think even that is being a bit generous.

Old
06-29-2011, 01:29 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Penner is an UFA next year.

This year he is LA's top left wing. Sorta puts a reality check on the whole LA IS THE BESTEST TEAM IN THE PACIFIC
But LA is gonna win da Stanley Cup yeah1!11!!!

I hope Richards goes all Charlie Sheen in LA. And I don't mean by #winning

Old
06-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Duckguy

Sign me up for some Drury! As long as hes not getting paid more then 1.5 he would add a lot to the team. If healthy I think he would still be a great 3rd line center, or atleast a very good 4th line C and Pk'er.

Old
06-29-2011, 01:52 PM
airforceones25

Marchant to retire per Eric Stephens twitter. Staying with team as development coach

http://twitter.com/#!/icemancometh

Old
06-29-2011, 01:58 PM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Marchant to retire per Eric Stephens twitter. Staying with team as development coach

I like this. Congrats to todd on a pretty good career and thanks for helping bring this place a cup! I like seeing that he's staying with the club too, seems like him and his family is well liked by the team.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Thanks for everything Marchant !

Old
06-29-2011, 02:04 PM
alx83*

Good to know he's staying with the club as a coach! I bet he'll really help guys like McMilli and, eventually, DSP, Rakell, etc.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM
airforceones25

with the prices the FA's are getting i just don't see the ducks signing a center. we need to start making the transition to our youth and i see the ducks giving the opportunity to Bonino, Holland, and McMillan to fill in as the 3rd / 4th line center spot in Marchant's absence

Old
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Unholy

Quote:
with the prices the FA's are getting i just don't see the ducks signing a center. we need to start making the transition to our youth and i see the ducks giving the opportunity to Bonino, Holland, and McMillan to fill in as the 3rd / 4th line center spot in Marchant's absence
Bonino can maybe bounce back but he pretty much had a real shot last year. Holland needs at least a year in the AHL. Him and Palmieri will be turning heads next year.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I like the idea of letting the youth trickle in, but Murray MUST sign a 3rd line centre. He better not rely on Bonino, McMillan, or Holland to be that guy.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:17 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
I like the idea of letting the youth trickle in, but Murray MUST sign a 3rd line centre. He better not rely on Bonino, McMillan, or Holland to be that guy.
Love how the last guy you mentioned is the player in your avatar.

But I agree, we need a 3rd line center and we need a decision from Selanne soon so we know what to do with the second line, also a back up goalie, and someone to play with Fowler cause this:
Visnovsky-Lydman
Sbisa-Beauchemin
looks pretty good, but we're stuck with:
Fowler-???

Old
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
airforceones25

^ what does his mentioning of Holland have to do with it being his avatar? lol

Old
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
duxfever

Send a message via AIM to duxfever
Quote:
Ha for real. Not everyone is a fan boy.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Read some of your discussion on Andy Sutton in the previous thread. Jackets need a shut-down d-man. I read that you hope for a 3rd line center.

Would Andy Sutton plus a 2nd round pick for Sammy Pahlsson work for you? And be honest - we aren't actually making a deal so no sense keeping secrets - would CBJ be getting hosed?

Old
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Read some of your discussion on Andy Sutton in the previous thread. Jackets need a shut-down d-man. I read that you hope for a 3rd line center.

Would Andy Sutton plus a 2nd round pick for Sammy Pahlsson work for you? And be honest - we aren't actually making a deal so no sense keeping secrets - would CBJ be getting hosed?
I would like it more if was a 3rd obviously

Sutton just wasn't like in previous years. He got hurt the first game of the season and when he came back just wasn't that physical force he was. Hoping he bounces back in a contract year and I think he could do it. Sounds like Sammy hasn't worked out well for you guys so this swap would be good for both teams I think.

But Murray has stated he will be trying to do all this through FA and not trading for one.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Quote:

We would probably do that, only because Sutton never found his groove in the Ducks system. Injured at the start of the season, he seemed out of sorts and was behind the 8-ball in playing catch up. He had his moments and seems commited to regaining his former playing level.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Hawktopus

Quote:

If the CBJ has room for a 5,6 defenseman in the lineup then yeah Sutton would slot in pretty well, I think it's a case of him having to get started and stay in the line-up to become "Andy 'Expert' Sutton".

He was injured early then too many times last season he was scratched in favor of Brookbank and Lilja and I believe that prevented him from finding his "rhythm".

With the retirement of Marchant a good center like Pahlsson who is familiar with the system would be well worth the 2nd round pick.

Old
06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
If the CBJ has room for a 5,6 defenseman in the lineup then yeah Sutton would slot in pretty well, I think it's a case of him having to get started and stay in the line-up to become "Andy 'Expert' Sutton".
Thanks for the feedback, folks.

Actually, the Jackets don't really have room for another 3rd pair d-man, but all the guys that do slot in there are smaller guys lacking size and a d-zone presence. Sutton, to me, would help shore that up. Ideally, CBJ would be able to bring in someone who plays higher in the lineup, but to me Sutton is a decent option either for depth or in a pinch.

Sammy's still solid, but with Carter coming in, they could run with Brassard and Vermette centering lines 2-3 (instead of moving one of them to wing).

Old
06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktopus View Post
These borderline crazy contracts for FAs makes me be fairly scared for how the next CBA is going to be handled next season.

How many teams are even able to spend the cap?

The Canes signed LaRose at 2 years for $3.4 million. Hopefully Jokinen doesn't follow suit, I'm on the boat that would love to see him in a Ducks uniform.
According to the model that the cap is built around, only about 1-3 teams are supposed to be able to spend to the cap (depending on the standard deviation, I guess 4 and higher is possible but it's kind of unlikely). Most teams are supposed to be around the midpoint.
Quote:

They only offered that position to Marchant to keep his son around for reporting.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfever View Post
Ha for real. Not everyone is a fan boy.
I only noticed. I wasn't criticizing his opinion.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
Bonino can maybe bounce back but he pretty much had a real shot last year. Holland needs at least a year in the AHL. Him and Palmieri will be turning heads next year.
Bonino, in his first pro season after college, played 26 games on a makeshift third line with no real help and went only -3 scoring not a single point. That's actually a pretty impressive feat if you think about it.

1 - That's not a real shot. He deserves at least another 2 years getting AHL training and decent NHL partners before people give up on him.
2 - If nothing else that shows he's not a defensive liability and if nothing else can play a 4th line center role. 4th line centers don't have to be big bruising fighters.....

Old
06-29-2011, 03:55 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Bonino, in his first pro season after college, played 26 games on a makeshift third line with no real help and went only -3 scoring not a single point. That's actually a pretty impressive feat if you think about it.

1 - That's not a real shot. He deserves at least another 2 years getting AHL training and decent NHL partners before people give up on him.
2 - If nothing else that shows he's not a defensive liability and if nothing else can play a 4th line center role. 4th line centers don't have to be big bruising fighters.....
imo when i was watching it he was really REALLY unlucky to not register a single point.. he played 1 of our post season games or our "kid line" did and imo they looked solid.. generated scoring chances with good O-zone time

Old
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Unholy

Quote:

I'm not saying it was his only shot but when you think about it it was probably his best shot. While he wasn't awful defensively the line just wasn't able to provide support for the top 6. They certainly got their chances but realizing the lack of depth he got changed out and McMillan was noticeably better. Now we have people who will be coming in who are much better than Bonino and we also have prospects like Holland catching up who will be challenging him even more. So I stick with my statement that with no one else except McMillan to challenge him that was probably a good as of a shot as he was going to get. Now it will only get tougher for him.

Also I am not giving up on him.

Old
06-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Anyone know if Bonino is working with Skahan over the summer? He did wonders in one summer for Bobby Ryan's skating. Bonino has the offensive instincts and has the tools to be a decent player but he is so damn slow!

Closed Thread