HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp

Old
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
So McIlrath's skating is improved and he's assuming a leadership role. Good. What I like most about the kid though is that he is smart. Very smart. Listen to him in interviews and he is not some guy who just came in from the farm. He's very intelligent and well spoken and that's a trait that serves anyone well in their chosen profession. Guys like this continue to learn and grow.
Well McIlrath was most improved player 2 years straight. I don't know about last season, so learning and growing are things he definitely has a reputation for. He should do well.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:47 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I don't see you taking offense to the praise extended in this thread to players like Thomas & Fasth in a similar fashion based on other reports from this development camp.
Ok, so it wasn't just me that notices this. Its ok to have your favorite prospects, and its ok to doubt other ones, that's what makes a forum so fun is the many view points offered on the same information that is available to everyone. But please don't continuously rail on a prospect and knock everyone for supporting McIlrath.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
You know what else was silly

Enver Lisin
was gonna say that. everytime Lisin did something even remotely good odc was all over it lol.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Guess the bad reports he was looking for were not coming, so now he needs something else to rail on McIlrath about

"He's getting too many positive reports from training camp!"

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:30 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
was gonna say that. everytime Lisin did something even remotely good odc was all over it lol.
oh, you remember that one time do you.....

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this slobbering love affair with mcilrath after exactly 1 1/2 days of rookie camp is hillarious. just like last year, people were drooling over his size and his um...well....his size.

hes playing against rooks and shlubs. he better stand out. he was the 10th pick for gods sake.

im happy he looks bigger and more confident, thats what happens when you compare him year over year. thats good. he should be bigger and more confident and look better at a minimum.

but this minute by minute reporting....

''mcilrath with a huge shot from the point''
''mcilrath looks like hes faster''
''mcilrath with a nice play to break up a rush''
''mcilrath just took a crap''

this is getting silly. you guys did this last year too. then people start saying, based upon those tweets...'' ya know, im starting to like him more and more compared to draft day when i thought it was a mistake to draft him at 10''.

all based upon his individual shifts at rook camp.

from most accounts, he had a rather mediocre 2010-2011 season.

can we just chill a bit before we start measuring him for his rangers sweater....

Maybe there were more talented picks @ 10, but the Rangers picked McIlrath. He will be a Ranger one day, maybe a little support would help. I am sure that if his name was Mcilrov, you would support him.
By the way, one of the worst transactions in the Sather era was trading Korpikoski for the guy in your avatar. Talk about no hockey sense?

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Line View Post
Maybe there were more talented picks @ 10, but the Rangers picked McIlrath. He will be a Ranger one day, maybe a little support would help. I am sure that if his name was Mcilrov, you would support him.
By the way, one of the worst transactions in the Sather era was trading Korpikoski for the guy in your avatar. Talk about no hockey sense?
oh i agree. korpi for lisin not smart. lisin never could produce. hes in the khl now.

korpi looks to be a serviceable 3rd/4th liner BUT HE WAS TAKEN IN THE FIRST ROUND. and then slats and gordie felt the need to acquire lisin for a guy threatening to bolt to the khl.

then again, same group of brain surgeons who made that deal chose big mac at 10.

kinda scary.

Old
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Line View Post
I still do that trade every day of the week. Trading one of 847,012 3rd line prospects (and one who had threatened to go to the KHL at that) for a lottery ticket at a top 6 guy? Every time.

As to the subject at hand, I am one firmly on record against the McIlrath pick at #10 who has been very encouraged by the reports of his progress from the beat writers. (Although I'll grant you that Spector's coverage of the men's room was a bit creepy - the lengths these guys will go to to get an "exclusive"... ) I hope to be proven more and more wrong with each passing day.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I still do that trade every day of the week. Trading one of 847,012 3rd line prospects (and one who had threatened to go to the KHL at that) for a lottery ticket at a top 6 guy? Every time.

As to the subject at hand, I am one firmly on record against the McIlrath pick at #10 who has been very encouraged by the reports of his progress from the beat writers. (Although I'll grant you that Spector's coverage of the men's room was a bit creepy - the lengths these guys will go to to get an "exclusive"... ) I hope to be proven more and more wrong with each passing day.
in hindsite, the thought behind the deal was sound.

korpi wasnt happy with his minutes. wasnt sure torts was gonna give him a chance, wasnt looking forward to another season in hartford, and had let it be known that he had options in russia.

all that taken in total made for a resonable trade at the time.

lisin flaming out and being waived and korpis subsequent decent results with the yotes doesnt change the fact that the trade seemed smart at the time but ultimately yielded nothing.

Old
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
TreeSapLlama

I know we will be debating this pick for the next decade since we still talk about the Jessiman pick, but can we just try and talk about the prospects we have, not the ones we could have had / shouldn't have?

I am very interested to hear how Yogan continues to develop. Missing almost an entire year of hockey and training, and impressing in a Tortorella Conditioning camp is very impressive.

TreeSapLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSapLlama View Post
I know we will be debating this pick for the next decade since we still talk about the Jessiman pick, but can we just try and talk about the prospects we have, not the ones we could have had / shouldn't have?

I am very interested to hear how Yogan continues to develop. Missing almost an entire year of hockey and training, and impressing in a Tortorella Conditioning camp is very impressive.
Been meaning to post on Yogan. Kid looks huge in the clips shown during the McIlrath interview. Almost as tall as D-Mac that they're listing at 6-5.

For our OHL experts, how does Erie look for this season? Is it a good spot for Yogan to continue to develop? Will be an overager by only a few weeks so I don't think going to the Whale would be in the plan for this upcoming season.

E-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Whats the chances of McI making the Rangers?

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Extremely slim.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Zil

Quote:
This season? Roughly 0% are his odds.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Been meaning to post on Yogan. Kid looks huge in the clips shown during the McIlrath interview. Almost as tall as D-Mac that they're listing at 6-5.

For our OHL experts, how does Erie look for this season? Is it a good spot for Yogan to continue to develop? Will be an overager by only a few weeks so I don't think going to the Whale would be in the plan for this upcoming season.
I will ask my good buddy Paul Roper about Yogan and Erie. FYI Roper is the play by play guy for Erie, he and I went to Seton Hall and I'm so proud he's made it this far. But back to topic I asked him about what he's seen from Thomas in the OHL and he thinks he needs more seasoning.

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Pizza

Quote:
He could blow minds at main camp and they would still send him back to Moose Jaw, IMO. He's got a lot more filling out to do. He has to add mass to that skinny frame of his. I think every one likes the improvement they see, but the organization has no reason to rush this guy. It's time for him to just settle in this year and improve his game.

Patience. Progress.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I will ask my good buddy Paul Roper about Yogan and Erie. FYI Roper is the play by play guy for Erie, he and I went to Seton Hall and I'm so proud he's made it this far. But back to topic I asked him about what he's seen from Thomas in the OHL and he thinks he needs more seasoning.
Agreed. One of my favorite picks from last year - love the philosophy in the mid to late rounds. Looking forward to your friend's feedback.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
TreeSapLlama

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Tommy Grant and Christian Thomas with goals so far in today's #NYR prospect scrimmage.

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Erixon not participating, heading to Sweden because grandfather died

via twitter

Old
06-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Blazephr

stevezipay Steve Zipay
1 minute ago

thenyrangers New York Rangers
Tommy Grant scores off left wing rush...1-0 white
5 minutes ago

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Christian Thomas scores for third straight scrimmage
4 minutes ago

Jonathan Audy Marchessault buried rebound...2-1 white
1 minute ago

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
stevezipay Steve Zipay
1 minute ago

Tommy Grant scores off left wing rush...1-0 white
5 minutes ago

stevezipay Steve Zipay
Christian Thomas scores for third straight scrimmage
4 minutes ago

Jonathan Audy Marchessault buried rebound...2-1 white
1 minute ago

I'm going to predict that Thomas gets a very long look from Tortorella and his staff in September.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Is McIlrath still eligible for the 9 game stint?

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghenrik213 View Post
Is McIlrath still eligible for the 9 game stint?
Yes.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:55 AM
TreeSapLlama

I hope a lot of the young prospects get to go with the Rangers on the Europe trip. It would probably be an awesome experience for them.

Old
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm going to predict that Thomas gets a very long look from Tortorella and his staff in September.

I agree. Its obvious, the kid sure knows how to find the back of the net.

Too bad about Erixon

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yes.
Do you think that there's any chance that the Rangers will give him a few games in the beginning of he season to see if he's ready. I mean if he's apparently the best player in camp, give him a shot right?

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote