HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Rank these Young D-men

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2003, 01:35 PM
macho232

vCash: 500
Bouwmeester
Pitkanen
Klesla
Hamhuis
Markov
Jillson
Zidlicky
Grebshkov

Old
10-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Bouwmeester
Pitkanen
Klesla
Hamhuis
Markov
Jillson
Grebeshkov
Zidlicky

Old
10-18-2003, 01:58 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
offensive upside:
1a- Markov
1b- Bouwmeester
3a- Hamhuis
3b- Pitkanen
5- Zidlicky
6- Klesla
7- Grebeshkov
8- Jillson

all around d-men:
1- Bouwmeester
2- Pitkanen
3a- Markov
3b- Klesla
5a- Grebeshkov
5b- Hamhuis
7- Jillson
8- Zidlicky

Old
10-18-2003, 08:07 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
1a Pitkanen (Norris)
1b Bouwmeester (Norris)
2 Klesla (Norris)
3 Markov
4 Grebeshkov
5 Hamhuis
6 Jillson
7 Zidlicky (i don't know much about him though)

Old
10-19-2003, 02:47 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I know it's early but Zidlicky has 2 goals 3 assist in his first 4 NHL games, in fact it's his first 4 games in North America period, so much for taking time to get used to the NHL ice. He also plays good defense and actually crushed Rick Nash with a open ice hipcheck tonight.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:44 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
He also plays good defense and actually crushed Rick Nash with a open ice hipcheck tonight.
After that hit, Nash spent about half of his ice time complaining to the refs about one thing or another. Orszagh popped him as well. Not sure if it was legal or not though. Nash didn't go out on his line change after that one, he went right for the ref and basically gave us a 5-4 until he decided to stop *****ing and get off the ice.

Old
10-19-2003, 05:55 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
After that hit, Nash spent about half of his ice time complaining to the refs about one thing or another. Orszagh popped him as well. Not sure if it was legal or not though. Nash didn't go out on his line change after that one, he went right for the ref and basically gave us a 5-4 until he decided to stop *****ing and get off the ice.
It was pretty obvious that Zidlicky jumped up to hit Nash with his shoulder (hipcheck? uh...ok). That textbook charging right there and refs missed it. He let them know about it. Then again, if Klesla nailed Legwand with the same hit, you'd be *****ing about the non call and so would Legwand.

Old
10-19-2003, 06:21 AM
Sticky*

Here is how I would rate them based purely on potential:

1. Jay Bouwmeester - Nobody has more talent and potential than him, and he is already looking like he will begin to realize it.

2. Joni Pitkanen - Not looking out of place at all, ona veteran Flyers' team. Tremendous natural tools (much like Jay Bo).

3. Denis Grebeshkov - I think he will end up being a tremendous defenseman. He actually really reminds me of Scott Niedermayer. Nieds is obviously a better skater, but Grebs makes up for that with his physical play. Not to say he is slow, he is a tremendous skater, it's just nobody is as fast as NIedermayer. Has a lot of potential. The Kings will be scary with him and Gleason in a couple of years.

4. Rostislav Klesla - He is the least flashy player on the list, but also maybe the most solid. I think he'll turn out like Wade Redden (which is a huge compliment). Not really very noticable, but rarely makes a mistake, and will hit about 40-45pts a season at his prime.

5. Andrei Markov - Really looking good, it's just that he is older than the other guys, and who knows how much more improvement is left in him. But yeah, he is looking quite good.

6. Dan Hamhuis - He is one of my fav's, not the biggest, but plays huge, and loves to hit, as well, he knows how to put points on the board.

7. Jeff Jillson

8. Marek Zidlicky

Jillson and Zidlicky, I have had limited viewings, but I cannot see myself putting them above any of the other guys.

Old
10-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Qubax

Thanks for all the views guys...

Seems like

Bouwmeester, Pitkanen are generally near the top...

then there's some varying views on the height of Klesla on this list as well as Markov...

Zidlicky and Jillson are somewhat lower down and even if these two get points it's fair to say some other guys on the list have a much better chance of getting Norris consideration...

Old
10-19-2003, 01:12 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
It was pretty obvious that Zidlicky jumped up to hit Nash with his shoulder (hipcheck? uh...ok). That textbook charging right there and refs missed it. He let them know about it. Then again, if Klesla nailed Legwand with the same hit, you'd be *****ing about the non call and so would Legwand.
He didn't complain about the Zidlicky hit. He complained about everything else though. He's a wonderful talent, (made some great moves) but he is a crybaby (atleast he was last night). Zids got a little in the air but on the replay I saw when I got home, it was no different than 80-90% of open ice hits in the league. He got less than 6 inches of air. Granted, it was illegal in the sense that he left his feet. But if the NHL called the rules the way they were supposed to, well hockey just wouldn't be hockey. It would be wonderful

Old
10-19-2003, 01:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Sorry Ozzy, I didn't see the replay, in real time, it looked like a hipcheck and it looked clean, regardless he leveled Nash.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Yayo

1. Jay Bouwmeester
2. Joni Pitkanen
3. Rostislav Klesla
4. Denis Grebeshkov
5. Dan Hamhuis
6. Andrei Markov
7. Marek Zidlicky
8. Jeff Jillson

Old
10-19-2003, 01:18 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Sorry Ozzy, I didn't see the replay, in real time, it looked like a hipcheck and it looked clean, regardless he leveled Nash.

It was a shoulder check, and while it wasn't technically legal, his skates were only about 3-4 inches off the ice max. You aren't going to get called for charging with that little jump.

Closed Thread