HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2011, 10:25 AM
  #26
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,467
vCash: 500
I really like Yuri's game. He impressed me last pre-season with his stick skills, as Artemis said he just needs to gain strength and keep adjusting to the NA game.

He'll be called up eventually. I'll never forget his stick handling that almost ended one of the rookie games if not for a dirty save by the isle rook goalie. He reminds me of a defensive david krejci

on an unrelated note - the org really needs to put more effort into the media of the p-bruins. Their website is awful, their youtube site is awful. These guys are the future, we need more highlights and pictures, come on it's 2011!!

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
  #27
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
He needs to bulk up. His potential is kaberle. saw a few games of playing for prov. not bad, not great. adj to smaller ice and physically struggled. like someone mentioned, he is good using his stick, like stickhandling and checking

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
  #28
DaveFromNB
Registered User
 
DaveFromNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Quispamsis, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Reports were he showed up last year not in the greatest of shape, I think the year was sort of a wake-up call as to what he's going to need to do to take his game to the next level. Lets hope he re-dedicates himself to the game and comes in with a better camp.

DaveFromNB is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
  #29
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,317
vCash: 500
He played vastly better down the stretch than he did at any point of the year. But part of me thinks Khudoben behind him gave him that confidence to not be afraid to play his game and use his talent. There was one game in Manchester in March where he just dominated the game with his puck movement and ability to get the trash out of his area even when paired with a kid who literally finished his final college exams and got on the bus, and I was like "Where has this dude been all year?". I still think he's a year away from cracking the roster, but next year will be the one to keep an eye on to see what he's picked up.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
  #30
pedrospecialk
Registered User
 
pedrospecialk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waltham, MA
Country: Iran
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Any word on Cross's intentions? Will he be returning to BC this year or heading to Providence?

Thanks in advance

pedrospecialk is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 01:24 PM
  #31
Gruntfuttock
Registered User
 
Gruntfuttock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrospecialk View Post
Any word on Cross's intentions? Will he be returning to BC this year or heading to Providence?

Thanks in advance
It was reported that Cross will return to BC. And if I remember correctly, he'll be their captain.

Gruntfuttock is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 01:32 PM
  #32
pedrospecialk
Registered User
 
pedrospecialk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Waltham, MA
Country: Iran
Posts: 3,258
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Cool, thank ye very much

pedrospecialk is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
  #33
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
He had a generally under whelming season in Providence, which was to be expected since the kid was coming into an entirely new environment that plays an entirely different style of hockey. He has the skills to make the big team, but he needs at least another year in the A before he's got a shot at a full time role, but even then I don't project him to be anything more than a bottom paring guy that's a PP specialist, but that's pretty much all Kaberle is on this team too.

I have my hopes that some day we can have an Alexandrov-Hamilton PP pairing. Alexandrov the QB, and Hamilton to big gun.

UConn126 is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 04:32 PM
  #34
Alan Ryan
Registered User
 
Alan Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I really like Yuri's game. He impressed me last pre-season with his stick skills, as Artemis said he just needs to gain strength and keep adjusting to the NA game.

He'll be called up eventually. I'll never forget his stick handling that almost ended one of the rookie games if not for a dirty save by the isle rook goalie. He reminds me of a defensive david krejci

on an unrelated note - the org really needs to put more effort into the media of the p-bruins. Their website is awful, their youtube site is awful. These guys are the future, we need more highlights and pictures, come on it's 2011!!

The P-Bruins web site has been bad for years. They don't even provide good summaries of the games. Most of it is about promoting ticket sales.

The Boston Bruins web site still hasn't revised their list of players in the system. They have Jordan Knackstedt on there and he was traded a while ago. Boris Valabik came in the Peverly trade and he does not appear on the list as either a roster player or in the system. Time to assign someone to keep the lists current.

Alan Ryan is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 04:55 PM
  #35
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
Do the P-Bruins have any kind of TV deal?

UConn126 is offline  
Old
06-27-2011, 07:42 PM
  #36
RaskMullet
You Like No ?
 
RaskMullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seekonk,MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UConn126 View Post
Do the P-Bruins have any kind of TV deal?
No, years ago they showed some games on NESN but it sucks that NESN won't show any games, maybe even on a night the big B's are off.

RaskMullet is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
  #37
Shaun
beauty
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 21,205
vCash: 50
Dev Camp Roster and Schedule

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=567652

Shaun is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
  #38
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Dalton and Khudobin are off to the KHL.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 11:34 AM
  #39
Beesfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
That's a thin group. Especially at forward. I'm disappointed that Carter Camper will not be there.

Knight and Spooner will have too easy a time just dominating this group.

I am interested to see Cross and Hamilton of defense though. Hamilton is the much better prospect, but I'm curious who is better right now.

Beesfan is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
  #40
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Why no Camper, Trembley or Goggin?

Is Goggin even playing hockey anymore? Hockeydb shows nothing from this past year.

Eric Robinson and Brett Olsen seem like really weird choices to invite to d-camp. Neither one was even close to leading their own college teams in scoring this past year. Almost seems like they were chosen at random.

If I lived in the area, I'd definitely be checking this out. It's worth going just to see Spooner, Knight, Hamilton & Khokhlachev if no one else. At least, I'll get to see all those guys play live many times this coming year thru the OHL pkg on Rogers. I'd be interested in seeing how guys like Button, Cantin, Cross & O'Gara look at camp too.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
  #41
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Why no Camper, Trembley or Goggin?

Is Goggin even playing hockey anymore? Hockeydb shows nothing from this past year.

Eric Robinson and Brett Olsen seem like really weird choices to invite to d-camp. Neither one was even close to leading their own college teams in scoring this past year. Almost seems like they were chosen at random.

If I lived in the area, I'd definitely be checking this out. It's worth going just to see Spooner, Knight, Hamilton & Khokhlachev if no one else. At least, I'll get to see all those guys play live many times this coming year thru the OHL pkg on Rogers. I'd be interested in seeing how guys like Button, Cantin, Cross & O'Gara look at camp too.
Goggin and Tremblay are probably considered wasted picks at this point and the Bruins aren't looking to sign them. I have no idea what happened to Goggin this year, the fact that he didn't play a single game at Dartmouth isn't a good sign. As for Camper I haven't a clue why he's not going to the camp, it seems like he should be. Maybe the Bruins feel he's too old to bring to a developmental camp?

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
  #42
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
My ranking

hamilton - franchise d
koko- knight + spooner
caron - mature game + body
spooner - sense and skill
knight - sacrifice body to make play
kampfer
Arniel
bartowski
sauve

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
  #43
redbeard7737
Registered User
 
redbeard7737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,776
vCash: 500
Hamilton
Khockhlachev
Knight
Caron
Spooner
Sauve
Arniel
Alexandrov
Kampfer

redbeard7737 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
  #44
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,467
vCash: 500
Anyone know why Carter Camper won't be there? Kid's good

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 06:42 PM
  #45
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Anyone know why Carter Camper won't be there? Kid's good
The only reasonable thing I can think of is his age and maturity. The Bruins might feel that there's no point in a 23 year old Hobey Baker finalist who played four years of college hockey and has shown he can play in a very short stint in the AHL going to a camp where it appears everybody is born in 1990 or later (except for one guy, Brett Olson who's actually older than Camper). Kinda like Zac Hamill who's the same age and also not going, they know they can play against kids younger than them.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 06:48 PM
  #46
KnightofBoston
MVP
 
KnightofBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amherst, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 12,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
The only reasonable thing I can think of is his age and maturity. The Bruins might feel that there's no point in a 23 year old Hobey Baker finalist who played four years of college hockey and has shown he can play in a very short stint in the AHL going to a camp where it appears everybody is born in 1990 or later (except for one guy, Brett Olson who's actually older than Camper). Kinda like Zac Hamill who's the same age and also not going, they know they can play against kids younger than them.
Ok makes sense, I'm guessing he'll be in Provi this year then?

KnightofBoston is offline  
Old
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
  #47
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Ok makes sense, I'm guessing he'll be in Provi this year then?
I would say it's most likely he's in Providence.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
  #48
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go
 
Cory Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brockton
Country: United States
Posts: 7,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
Hamilton
Khockhlachev
Knight
Caron
Spooner
Sauve
Arniel
Alexandrov
Kampfer
Very close. Switch Caron with Knight and move Alexandrov and Kampfer up two spots and you would be right. Maybe Caron second. Kid will be a lifer Bruin once he touches the ice for good and the B's fans see his game

Cory Trevor is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 09:18 AM
  #49
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,702
vCash: 500
Maybe they wanted to really focus on a specific group of players and kept the roster shorter than in past years. Either way it will be a good time. Hopefully it isn't scorching hot this year.

Alicat is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 10:27 AM
  #50
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs
 
Dougie Seguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
I am really excited to see how Alexandrov has improved his game after a full year over here in N.A. Also excited to see how guys like Button and Cross can compete for a spot on the Bruins.

Will Volden be playing in Providence or SM-Liga? Id be very interested to see how him and Gothberg can develop

Dougie Seguin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.