HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle

Old
06-29-2011, 01:27 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 500
We do not need a big name veteran defenseman, especially one that's overrated. If anything we just need a guy who isn't a total liability to play decent minutes to use as a stop gap until the kid d-men can handle the big minutes.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
We do not need a big name veteran defenseman, especially one that's overrated. If anything we just need a guy who isn't a total liability to play decent minutes to use as a stop gap until the kid d-men can handle the big minutes.
In other words, forget this year? We may not need a big name veteran d-man but we need a d-man that can be our #1 offensive D-man and PP leader...Way too young and inexperienced of a defense with what everybody is throwing out around here..If people are happy with staying mediocre andd fighting for the 8th PO spot while watching kids learn and make mega mistakes..I guess that is a way to go..Doesn't float my boat....But if Sather goes that way I hope to god he doesn't waste money on futile offensive improvements (FAs) either..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
In other words, forget this year? We may not need a big name veteran d-man but we need a d-man that can be our #1 offensive D-man and PP leader...Way too young and inexperienced of a defense with what everybody is throwing out around here..If people are happy with staying mediocre andd fighting for the 8th PO spot while watching kids learn and make mega mistakes..I guess that is a way to go..Doesn't float my boat....But if Sather goes that way I hope to god he doesn't waste money on futile offensive improvements (FAs) either..
While this team does need a defenseman that can help on the PP, and Kabrele MAY be able to help, I'm just not comfortable with what his contract demands will likely be in a thin market like this.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:19 PM
DutchShamrock

File this under: Writer tagging the Rangers to add hits, agent tagging the Rangers to inflate the contract, lazy journalism by just acting like the Rangers are operating the same way.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Jersey Girl

File this under: Ranger fans who are afraid Sather history will repeat itself...AGAIN.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
While this team does need a defenseman that can help on the PP, and Kabrele MAY be able to help, I'm just not comfortable with what his contract demands will likely be in a thin market like this.
Totally understand..I share some of your concerns and why he wouldn't be my top choice..And, heck, as we have learned there are risks in any FAs signing...We'll see

Old
06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesins54 View Post
Too many Defensemen here
This is such a myth.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I certainly wouldn't overpay for him, but sub 4 I think he would be great pick up.
You can never have enough D, as the above posting says. Injury to Girardi and we are up the creek.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
This is such a myth.
How is that a myth? The top 4 is set, then you have Erixon who the organization has said they feel he can step in to a top 4 role now. Then you have MDZ who's probably next in line, then V Tank and Kundratiek. What myth there's no room, Kaberle is on the wrong side of 30 is declining, soft, if Sather signs him he will not have learned from past failures.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

That Stepan Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
id love Jan Hedja who will be an UFA. he would be a perfect fit for this team.. very defensively responsible but not too flashy.. another Girardi would be fine by me..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Kaberle has "bust" stamped on his forehead.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:30 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
this.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I got attacked around the deadline for calling Kaberle Wade Redden 2.0. Care to reassess?

The Bruins won the cup in spite of him. He did nothing to help the powerplay and has the compete level of a slug.

Would literally be one of the worst moves the Rangers could make at this point.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:47 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
How is that a myth? The top 4 is set, then you have Erixon who the organization has said they feel he can step in to a top 4 role now. Then you have MDZ who's probably next in line, then V Tank and Kundratiek. What myth there's no room, Kaberle is on the wrong side of 30 is declining, soft, if Sather signs him he will not have learned from past failures.
The top 2 are set. Staal and Girardi are truly established.

If you're willing to say its smooth sailing for 2 sophomores with about 120 NHL games combined on the 2nd pairing, well, thats quite optimistic.

The 3rd pair is a cluster****, and its anyones guess how that turns out.

We have depth and upside on defense. We do not have a sure thing by any means right now.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
The myth is that anybody over 30 is bad and youngsters must be good...Look, I love the young defensive depth the Rangers have, but after the top 4 there may not be any D-man ready for Full time NHL competion RIGHT NOW, no matter what the organization "said"..More then likely Erixon, Vtank and other need more time in the AHL (I know Del Zotto sure as heck does)...Maybe not, but the Rangers can't count on that yet...It would be foolish......So really, as far as D-man ready to play consistently in the NHL, we don't have near enough right now....and why one or maybe two vet D-men (young or old) would be the right addition

Old
06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Are you kidding...your 2nd pair don't have 2 full NHL seasons between them and your 3rd pair is a highly rated prospect and a kid who put up great offensive numbers as a rookie and spent most of his sophomore season in the AHL...and you're ready to just give him a slot?

I'm against getting Kaberle but this team needs a vet on the backline, no if's, ands or buts.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
The top 4 is NOT set. The top pair is set. Michael Sauer had a phenomenal rookie season, but it was just that, a rookie season. This season we saw young guys like Zach Bogosian, Drew Doughty, Tyler Myers, etc. have very rough sophomore seasons. It's very naive to assume Sauer is immune to this. I personally don't think it will happen, but there is no way he is locked into a spot...not on Tortarella's team. McDonagh looked great down the stretch, but he's still not even technically graudated from being a rookie. So far from a lock. Erixon is an amazing prospect, again, you can't assume he's ready because a few hockey writers and one or two scouts say he is. MDZ and V-Tank haven't really proven anything, and I'd be VERY surprised if Kundtratek is anywhere close to playing in the NHL.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
JeffMangum
Debaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
The myth is that anybody over 30 is bad and youngsters must be good
This, this, this, and a little more of this.

I don't understand why people think that 30 is "old"—hell, I see people saying "Richards is on the wrong side of 30" when he's thirty freaking one! What's the "right" side of 30 then? Negative 30?

It is imperative that this team adds a veteran defenseman to the blueline—I've seen hypotehticals that have Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, Erixon, and one of Del Zotto/Valentenko occupying the top-6—Girardi being the oldest at 27! Being young is a positive, but age is very exaggerated and underrated on this board. You aren't going to be a successful team without at least 3-4 quality veteran players on your roster, mainly on your defense. That is a very inexperienced and raw defense, and although they performed admirably, you need a guy back there to mentor them and help them get through the motions of being a young defenseman in the NHL, which is a very difficult task.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Alright fine you guys want Kaberle go right the **** ahead I hope Sather gives him 6.5 million a year. The top 2 is set fine whatever, so now Sauer and McDonagh are going to be thrown into the group of MDZ, Erixon, Valentenko, and Kundratiek as maybes? I'm pretty sure Sauer and McDonagh are locks for this team next season and if they have a slump that's why there's Valentenko and Kundratiek or whomever. It's a myth that guys over 30 suck? Really Kaberle is paper soft, is a turn over machine, is on the decline, will get over paid. What's the point of throwing 7+ as Richards to qb the power play to sign Kaberle to do the same thing? What are they going to do play catch? Kaberle has fail written all over him and I find it comical, absolutely comical that people want to bring that train wreck here.

Edit: Furthermore this team did just fine defensively with 2 rookies on the second pairing last season now they're unknowns? I say it again if Kaberle is overpaid to come here and ***** the bed I'm coming here every day and saying I told you so. It would be more of the same from Glen Savior and the Ranger "brain trust"! Oh gee a guy who's best years are behind him? Let's over pay him!

Old
06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Hell no to Kaberle, but I think the Rangers will look at some other UFA vet d-men who are available.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Dude...I was on a conference call when I read this...laughed right into the phone
I hope I didn't mess it up for you. You get my point though. This would be a bad idea. Boston fans didn't even like this guy after acquiring him at first. He's done, we should take note. Only winning the cup kind of made him disappear into the background as Boston as a whole played better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Hell no to Kaberle, but I think the Rangers will look at some other UFA vet d-men who are available.
I didn't mind Eminger as a #7 though if we wanted someone better. Maybe Martinek moves a little west?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I hope I didn't mess it up for you. You get my point though. This would be a bad idea. Boston fans didn't even like this guy after acquiring him at first. He's done, we should take note. Only winning the cup kind of made him disappear into the background as Boston as a whole played better.
I'm with you..I live in New Engalnd so if the Rangers aren't playing and the Brins are I watch them...he was terrible...end of story

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I got attacked around the deadline for calling Kaberle Wade Redden 2.0. Care to reassess?

The Bruins won the cup in spite of him. He did nothing to help the powerplay and has the compete level of a slug.

Would literally be one of the worst moves the Rangers could make at this point.
Kaberle would only make sense if he accepted a incentive laden contract, he does know how to run a power play

Old
06-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

I didn't mind Eminger as a #7 though if we wanted someone better. Maybe Martinek moves a little west?
No thanks. Martinek has been injured way too often.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote