HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr's Agent Contacts Rangers (Signs with Philly | 1 yr @ $3.3MM)

Old
06-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iffyiffiffer View Post
The Penguins won the Cup with a 40 year old Bill Guerin on Crosby's wing. And he's no Jagr.

Bingo!

his speed is gone, but he can still hold on to the puck and occupy 2 guys defensively. he will create space, act as decoy. you underestimate him, he will score. simple stuff really.

I reckon he will play all 80 games - score 15-20 goals have 40 assists

Most importantly: He is motivated and a motivated Jagr is a force to reckon with

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Fine, sign him. See what happens.

Waste of a spot imo.

I'll gladly eat crow if i have to.

This is all hypothetical anyway isnt it? The Rangers havent made any offers.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
he won't play here - he is going to Pitt or Detroit.
I don't expect him to go begging Slats.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
rangers1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I guess no one remembers when he went 10 and 20 games stretches the last year he was here without getting a goal or a PP goal. And that was when he was getting TOP minutes.

Please. Do not even entertain the possibility. Its foolish from the Rangers perspective. You dont get a lumbering, aging forward to spend 12 minutes on the wing of a 3rd line. You bring in a young kid like Hagelin or Thomas. Have we learned anything over the past 15 years? Wow. Shocked by the response here. Really.
So does that same logic go for resigning Fed? Since Hagelin would be taking his role (3/4 liner, PK) not the role of a top 6, PP forward. Which is what Jagr would be.

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Thats great. Good for him. Theres still 82 games to get through first and that was 3 years ago.
Its not like Jagr was sitting on a couch for the past 3 years.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Fine, sign him. See what happens.

Waste of a spot imo.

I'll gladly eat crow if i have to.

This is all hypothetical anyway isnt it? The Rangers havent made any offers.
Well that's the point of the thread. Right now we only know of a $2M offer from the pens. It's highly unlikely we are even looking in his direction.

It would also be a lot different this time because we will have gabby and hopefully BR above him in the depth chart. I'm just saying that I think an old jagr is more beneficial and productive than an old prospal.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
rangers1314

I'd rather have Jagr/Hagelin than Prospal/Fedotenko. Assuming that Avery takes the spot with Boyle and Prust on the 4th line.

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The season starts and Jagr is hot.

As the season winds down and the physical wear and tear takes it's toll on his old arse, he will fade.

Favorites after adding a 39 year old player that hasn't played in the NHL for 3 years?

I'm not buying it.
Selanne anyone?

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:56 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Jagr would be a lot more useful to the Pens and the Pens PP in particular if he was right handed.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
NCRanger

Also, if Jagr goes to Pittsburgh, he gets the calls he didn't get with the Rangers.

That alone gives the Penguins another power play or two a night.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Don't understand the reasoning that Feds and prospal are worth 1-2.5 mil but Jagr isn't...makes zero sense
It makes plenty of sense. Prospal and Feds fit what we're doing here, they fit our identity. Jagr, does not. At all. 0 percent.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:01 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Also, if Jagr goes to Pittsburgh, he gets the calls he didn't get with the Rangers.

That alone gives the Penguins another power play or two a night.
Good to see the rising cost of tin foil hasn't altered your choice of hats.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 06:01 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Its not like Jagr was sitting on a couch for the past 3 years.
He may as well have been...

Old
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1314 View Post
So does that same logic go for resigning Fed? Since Hagelin would be taking his role (3/4 liner, PK) not the role of a top 6, PP forward. Which is what Jagr would be.
Fedotenko fits the mold of a 3rd liner. And he is 31, not 39. And he's been playing full seasons in the NHL the past 3 years. I don't get what's so hard to understand. You're essentially paying a player $2million that you know you're not getting a $2million effort out of every night. You'll get your 20 goals and 40 or 50 points, sure, but does that really make the difference for us? You're assuming Hagelin is ready to step into that role. It can be detrimental to bring a guy into the NHL too soon, and that's for some reason forgotten in the post-lockout NHL.

Old
06-29-2011, 06:07 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
what good is it talking about what he did in that season, when in the most significant games (playoffs) he was not just the best player on the team, but also the league.
1) Because we barely squeaked into the playoffs this year and missed the playoffs by a point the year before...the games to get to the playoffs are kind of important at this point.

2) The point is Jagr may break down by the time we get to the playoffs.

Old
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
1) Because we barely squeaked into the playoffs this year and missed the playoffs by a point the year before...the games to get to the playoffs are kind of important at this point.

2) The point is Jagr may break down by the time we get to the playoffs.
Jagr might break down and what? A young rookie can't? For 2 mil I will take that chance. And again what hhe did during the season is obselete when he was the best player in the playoffs in the league

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Anyone who is upset or reluctant to pay $2 million for one of the best hockey players of all time is just flat out ridiculous. This in no way shape or form hurts the team. There are spots open. We traded Grachev and just bought out Drury. Fedotenko might not be back. I can see them waiving/trading EC. Jagr still knows how to score. We're not asking him to log huge minutes. I'm sure his body can handle it. We've been paying drury $7 million/year for no production and now we're gona shy away from a $2 million dollar contract that will come with 35-55 points this season? Ugh.

Last edited by RGY: 06-29-2011 at 07:27 PM.
RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Anyone who is upset or reluctant to pay $2 million for one of the best hockey players of all time is just flat our ridiculous. This in now way shape or form hurts the team. There are spots open. We traded Grachev and just bought out Drury. Fedotenko might not be back. I can see them waiving/trading EC. Jagr still knows how to score. We're not asking him to log huge minutes. I'm sure his body can handle it. We've been paying drury $7 million/year for no production and now we're gona shy away from a $2 million dollar contract that will come with 35-55 points this season? Ugh.
I completely agree with you.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:26 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Anyone who is upset or reluctant to pay $2 million for one of the best hockey players of all time is just flat our ridiculous. This in now way shape or form hurts the team. There are spots open. We traded Grachev and just bought out Drury. Fedotenko might not be back. I can see them waiving/trading EC. Jagr still knows how to score. We're not asking him to log huge minutes. I'm sure his body can handle it. We've been paying drury $7 million/year for no production and now we're gona shy away from a $2 million dollar contract that will come with 35-55 points this season? Ugh.
Yeah signing Jagr for only 2 million would be a great deal. Put him on the third line and give him a bunch of pp time. With Richards, Gaborik and Jagr we would finally have a great powerplay.

If I had the choice, I would rather sign Jagr instead of Feds. What Jagr could potentially provide is a lot harder to find than what Feds adds to the team.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:31 PM
92hatchattack

@ 2 mil you gotta sign him. Jagr if nothing else opens up a lot of room on the Ice. Even an old Jagr... If your not paying attention to him he will burn you, If you do pay attention to him that opens the door for someone else to find open ice.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Listen I buy into Torts and his system from the fan perspective. I believe in it; finding the right guys that fit the mold of this system. But at some point you need to mix in a few guys that flat out know how to produce the points. How many blue collar guys do you need? How many is it gona take it until you realize we NEED someone who has gifted hands. Yeah I love callahan and dubinsky. But if you're being realistic those two are 2nd line players at best in their careers. And there is nothing wrong with that. So you need 1st line type players. You have Gaborik. You're looking at Richards. You need more than just two.

I completely disagree with anyone who is against signing Jagr especially at that BARGAIN for a deal. We have Prust, Avery, Boyle, Callahan, Stepan, Dubinsky, AA, Wolski,and possibly Hagelin. All great blue collar guys, with some being able to produce more than others in that group, and some having great 2-way games, BUT they aren't 1st liners. And though Jagr may not be a 1st liner at this point in his career, he still has the hands of a 1st liner and that counts for a lot with an organization that has had severe problems scoring ESPECIALLY ON THE PP.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:06 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
well that's a big range
LOL NO ITS NOT!!! and Prospal had a bonus that kicked in making him I think 2.2 and Feds waa 1 mil so the range (which is not big at all) is based on their contracts and is not some arbitrary range I made up. regardless even if it was Jagr for anywhere under 2.5 mil is a great bargain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
It makes plenty of sense. Prospal and Feds fit what we're doing here, they fit our identity. Jagr, does not. At all. 0 percent.
I'm sorry but I absolutely cant agree with this in any way shape or form. This is how I know I'm you aren't thinking clearly on this. Prospal with his degrading knee and 40+ games missed does NOT fit what we need more than jagrand neither does Feds. Not to mention while I loved Feds and feel Feds fills a role that is needed. jagr fills a different one entirely and at 2 m he fills it for a bargain price whihc is the key here. If he's fishing for 5 mil then no he's iffy or just flat out not worth it but at 2 m you're insane not to want him.

Last edited by JimmyStart*: 06-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
eco's bones

$2 mil for Jagr? Personally I'd go higher. I wouldn't give him more than 2 years though and would be fine signing him a year at a time. ****--we paid $4 mil for an even older more broken down Shanahan. Jagr is a better player than Shanny.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 08:33 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Why is this thread even open still?

There is no way in a million years that Jagr is coming back here.

We have moved on. I would be so amazed and thrilled if he came back here but we need to move on. These lineups with Jagr penciled in is ridiculous.

It's not happening, please stop.

06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Garfinkel1

If you have a problem with Jagr at 2Mill a year you are insane...Correct me if i'm wrong but thats less than 4% of the cap hit. He can play on the 3rd line and still be worth it. Hell, a 2mill forth line guy isn't the end of the world... Look at avery. If I'm sather, i pull the trigger.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote