HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton Ice Boot With Mission Chassis

Old
05-31-2011, 12:10 PM
esuhock22

vCash: 500
Easton Ice Boot With Mission Chassis

I'm thinking about getting a Mission aluminum alloy Vanguard chassis set (http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...assis-set.html) for my Easton S15 ice hockey skates. I was curious if anyone has done something similar, would suggest something else, knows these two won't work, or anything else along those lines.

Thanks

esuhock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
MeltingPlastic

Should work just fine, I have a pair of Labeda chassis's that have been on easton and ccm skates and hopefully getting changed over to bauers soon... just make sure u order the right size for ur skate size and u'll be golden

MeltingPlastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:25 PM
JMeiser919

It will work just fine. I did it to my synergy 1300c and most recently to my old pair of one95s

JMeiser919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 12:40 PM
esuhock22

Thanks for the responses. I'm really excited about getting this done, especially since I've been skating in Missions which are from the 90's for what seems like forever.

Old
06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
JMeiser919

you'll love it. easily the best decision ive made for roller

JMeiser919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
esuhock22

Well, I kind of changed it up. Decided to keep my Easton S15's for ice, which are a more beat up, and put a chassis on my Vapor XXXX's. I'm happy with the finished product and my league starts next week, can't wait to try them out.

Old
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Devil Dancer

I hope it works out for you. I put a Mission chassis on some Easton ice skates, and the rivets came out pretty quickly. I just had them repaired, so we'll see if they stand up to abuse this time, but I'm skeptical.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
esuhock22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I hope it works out for you. I put a Mission chassis on some Easton ice skates, and the rivets came out pretty quickly. I just had them repaired, so we'll see if they stand up to abuse this time, but I'm skeptical.
Did you get it done at a hockey shop? When I took my Easton's in the guy said they looked pretty beat up and he could put them on, but he wouldn't suggest it. That's when I used my Vapor XXXX's instead. Anyways, hope you have better look this time around. I use mine for the first time tomorrow, so I'll see how they are.

Old
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM
budster
Schoolyard Puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by esuhock22 View Post
Well, I kind of changed it up. Decided to keep my Easton S15's for ice, which are a more beat up, and put a chassis on my Vapor XXXX's. I'm happy with the finished product and my league starts next week, can't wait to try them out.
Let us know how you like em!

For anyone else considering this, my bro had some Sprungs put on some old Tacks, and he loves em. Ice boots tend to be a bit stiffer. The only prob is some ice skates have a cloth covering on the toe cap and soft leather that doesn't take the abuse of a roller surface as well. I rock a 72/80 HiLo and personally the forward pitch is a little too steep for me. There are a lot of choices for skate frames, this article explains what some of the differences are.

As far as mounting goes, you can do it yourself, but shops usually charge around $30 which is worth it in my opinion. I have an extra set of size L Mission 72/80 for a size 10-12 skate just collecting dust. Do you guys know if there's a gear swap I can list them in? Not really trying to make money, just hoping to find someone who can put em to good use.

budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
esuhock22

I used them Wednesday, so far so good. I like them a lot. Now I just hope they last long!