HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

2011 Trial on the Isle: July 8th @ Stone Harbor

Old
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
mm6492

vCash: 500
2011 Trial on the Isle: July 8th @ Stone Harbor

Quote:
Flyers Prospects to Compete in Trial on the Isle
First Opportunity For Fans To Meet Flyers Center Brayden Schenn And No. 8 Draft Choice Sean Couturier
Tuesday, 06.28.2011 / 4:05 PM / News
Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia Flyers prospects take a break from the ice to participate in “Trial on the Isle,” a mini-triathlon followed by a charity softball game on Friday, July 8 in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. All proceeds benefit Flyers Charities, a division of the Comcast-Spectacor Foundation with a donation going to American Legion Post #331 in Stone Harbor.

The annual conditioning day is part of a mini-camp for the Flyers prospects. The mini-triathlon begins with a bike ride from the corner of 96th Street and 2nd Avenue to the Yacht Club beginning at 10 a.m. Following the bike ride, they will take off in a paddle boat obstacle course at Snug Harbor Basin (89th and Sunset Ave). The last stretch of the race includes a run from 87th Street, over the dunes to the finish line at 96th Street.

Some of the Flyers prospects will then lead local kids in a Hooked on Hockey clinic in the Stone Harbor Elementary School parking lot (Third Ave and 93/94th Streets, Stone Harbor) from 12:30 p.m. until 1 p.m.

Following the clinic, the Flyers prospects will be available for autographs in the Cafasportsatorium of Stone Harbor Elementary School from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. The admission fee is a $10 donation to Flyers Charities and includes a team photo of all of the Flyers prospects. All fans will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive Flyers merchandise.

The all-day event will end with a charity softball game, Flyers prospects against the Stone Harbor Stars, at 5 p.m. at the 80th Street baseball field. Flyers color analyst Steve Coates will emcee the game. Fans are more than welcome to attend and cheer on the players. The event will also include exclusive raffles and auction items for charity.

More information on the Flyers’ “Trial on the Isle,” including a full schedule of events, is available by clicking here.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=567588

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 04:49 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I'll be there as always.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
I'll be there as always.
Your Bob picture from last year will go down in the history books.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 05:32 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Thanks, i'm aiming for an awkward photo with Couturier this year.

Old
06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
??

I want to see the pic.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I don't know if I can make it there this year. I haven't missed it in awhile. Should be a pretty good roster too.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
??

I want to see the pic.
me too!

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
esuhock22

I'm thinking about heading down for the first time. For the people who have been there before, what is it like?

esuhock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 07:47 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by esuhock22 View Post
I'm thinking about heading down for the first time. For the people who have been there before, what is it like?
It's awesome. All the prospects literally just walk around town, and if they don't mind you can kind of tag along. I played mini golf with Rinaldo without even knowing it (I eventually caught on). All the prospects are aces at being awkward though when out in the open. So it makes for funny conversation. I remember me and Riopel were sitting on the same being and I said "So... I heard you're a pretty good goalie prospect" and he said "Yeah... I think so"... then it was so ****ing weird I just got up and walked away. But overall it's super fun, and Flyers show up every year and just walk around too. Last year Jeff Carter came (he ****ing hates me) and Lappy was there too. Here are some pics for those who give the slightest ****:

Hates me:

Backlund was pretty cool:

Lappy was awesome, his son wanted to be in the picture for some reason:

Me and THE HATCHET:

Coatsey is a ****:

The infamous bob photo, he was ****ing hilarious:

Old
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
esuhock22

Seems like a good time. I remember seeing the Carter picture on here awhile ago and laughing at how excited he seemed to be in it....

Old
06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Seems like a good time. I remember seeing the Carter picture on here awhile ago and laughing at how excited he seemed to be in it....
GIve him a break. He was still hungover.

Old
06-29-2011, 07:59 PM
esuhock22

Is there any word on what Flyers will be there this year other than prospects? It would be cool if some of the new guys were down there.

Old
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Is there any word on what Flyers will be there this year other than prospects? It would be cool if some of the new guys were down there.
It's usually just whoever is around. Carter was probably in Sea Isle at the time and made the short trip over. I'm sure Coatsey, Holmgren, and Luukko all have houses on the island, because they're usually there. Coburn and Lappy have been there, recently, too.

Old
06-29-2011, 09:37 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
It's usually just whoever is around. Carter was probably in Sea Isle at the time and made the short trip over. I'm sure Coatsey, Holmgren, and Luukko all have houses on the island, because they're usually there. Coburn and Lappy have been there, recently, too.
Coburn just shows up to exhibit his freakish athleticism and embarrass the prospects in all the competitions.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Its also usually the guys that are rehabbing after surgery with McCrossin.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Quote:
My guess is he had some little clause in his contract that said he owed the team a certain number of hours each year and he needed to go to fulfill that commitment. From what I heard last year, he wasn't thrilled to be there.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:28 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Its also usually the guys that are rehabbing after surgery with McCrossin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
My guess is he had some little clause in his contract that said he owed the team a certain number of hours each year and he needed to go to fulfill that commitment. From what I heard last year, he wasn't thrilled to be there.
Both of these would make sense.

Old
06-30-2011, 07:55 AM
kicksave27

last 2 years I haven't been able to come.. stupid weddings. Though at least this one is my own.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:20 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Excited to be able to go this year... Want to see if I can spark a Rinaldo Sestito brawl...

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Mylec 22

Quote:
It's awesome. All the prospects literally just walk around town, and if they don't mind you can kind of tag along. I played mini golf with Rinaldo without even knowing it (I eventually caught on). All the prospects are aces at being awkward though when out in the open. So it makes for funny conversation. I remember me and Riopel were sitting on the same being and I said "So... I heard you're a pretty good goalie prospect" and he said "Yeah... I think so"... then it was so ****ing weird I just got up and walked away. But overall it's super fun, and Flyers show up every year and just walk around too. Last year Jeff Carter came (he ****ing hates me) and Lappy was there too. Here are some pics for those who give the slightest ****:

Hates me:

Me and THE HATCHET:

Coatsey is a ****:

Great pix man

Mylec 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
dookie88

Quote:

Hates me:
Serious Carter is serious.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

Anyone of High def photo's of the Flyers press conference introducing Schenn and the guys? I'm going this Friday and I'm trying to get something for Schenn to autograph.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 01:42 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

I'm very picky about who I let sign my Authentic Flyer's Jersey (**** was $300). I didn't let Backlund sign it last year because I wanted great players on there, and I was considering letting Bob do it but I just didn't. Should I let Schenn and Couturier sign it this year? I think I might...

Old
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:

Hates me:

Me and THE HATCHET:

Coatsey is a ****:

Hahaha nice pictures dude. If you get any pictures this year, make sure you post them up

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
I'm very picky about who I let sign my Authentic Flyer's Jersey (**** was $300). I didn't let Backlund sign it last year because I wanted great players on there, and I was considering letting Bob do it but I just didn't. Should I let Schenn and Couturier sign it this year? I think I might...
Get a new one from Rivercitysports for $150 for just the rookies. I used to get jerseys signed but I became too picky, so now I just do pucks. Much less hassle.

Sweet pics though man, you definitely missed your calling in a 80's hair metal band.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline   Reply With Quote