Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2003, 12:20 PM
misterjaggers

vCash: 500
Providence Bruins vs Worcester Icecats 6:30 PM ET Webcast

Here's a link to the Worcester Icecats' cybercast:
http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers...tname=wicecats

Note: game's scheduled to start at 7:05.

Old
10-17-2003, 12:24 PM
SToMper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Here's a link to the Worcester Icecats' cybercast:
http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers...tname=wicecats
Thanks MrJaggers.....you da Link-master!

Poutine 4 you!

Old
10-17-2003, 12:30 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper!
Thanks MrJaggers.....you da Link-master!

Poutine 4 you!
Thanks. Maybe a little poutine will dull the throbbing ALCS pain...

Old
10-17-2003, 02:19 PM
misterjaggers

P-Bruins score

Tim Thomas in net.

1-0, Herr from Dallman & Leahy
2-0, Herr (PP) from Campbell & Zino

Fight, Orr & Black

Old
10-17-2003, 02:38 PM
misterjaggers

Worcester score

1st
2-1 (PP) Glumac from Pohl & Martins

3rd
2-2 (PP) Panzer from Brown & Hartlieb

Old
10-17-2003, 03:51 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Huml hasn't had a shot thru 2 periods (could he be sulking?); Stock got a boarding penalty ; Morrisonn is playing; Zino got a helper; and Tim Thomas is in net and the shots are 28-12 in favor of Worscester. Nice to see the baby Broons are following the parent clubs philosophy atleast in Dallas

Old
10-17-2003, 03:58 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
Huml hasn't had a shot thru 2 periods (could he be sulking?); Stock got a boarding penalty ; Morrisonn is playing; Zino got a helper; and Tim Thomas is in net and the shots are 28-12 in favor of Worscester. Nice to see the baby Broons are following the parent clubs philosophy atleast in Dallas
Huml took a couple shots. I guess they were blocked or went wide...

box score:http://www.theahl.com/SlamScoreboard/ahl-frameset.html
gamesheet: http://pointstreak.com/framed/prosta...l?gameid=44641

Old
10-17-2003, 04:21 PM
misterjaggers

2-2, going into overtime...

Tie remains after four-on-four sudden death.

Shots: 44 on Thomas, 16 on Divis

Top three stars?
Officially: Thomas, Panzer and Herr. (Herr scored two goals for P-Bruins.)

Broadcasters said the best three players were: Thomas, Zino and Martins
Thomas kept the P-Bruins in the game with clutch saves as they were out-skated in the second and third periods. They also described Zino's play as "omnipresent" -"all over the ice".

Old
10-17-2003, 04:23 PM
SToMper!

Ice Cats 40 shots - Baby B's 15 ???????????

What up with that? The third period sounded like Tim Thomas was getting shelled!

Old
10-17-2003, 04:56 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SToMper!
Ice Cats 40 shots - Baby B's 15 ???????????

What up with that? The third period sounded like Tim Thomas was getting shelled!
It's called 'Bruins' disease'. This affliction is characterized by diminished skating and increased icing, hooking and holding.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:10 PM
misterjaggers

P-Bruins stats & photos on AHL site

Here's the link;
http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0304/providence.html

Old
10-18-2003, 03:49 AM
P. Bruinette

Send a message via Yahoo to P. Bruinette
Last night in Providence... was a site to NOT behold!

Ivan Huml looked like a zombie until about the third period. Not sure if he's sulking (if he is I swear I'll punch him out!) or what the problem is.

Shaone Morrisonn was back, but it was by far the worse game I ever saw him play. Watch them skate by Shaone!! There they go.... wave, Shaone wave! GRRRRR!!!!

Most all of defense was in another planet.

And offense.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... they were napping? No forechecking... nothing. About four players played (forwards) very well: Zino, Mike Gellard, Carl Corazzini, Matt Herr (until the third period)..and.. and that is about it.

If it hadn't been for Tim Thomas the P-Bruins would have lost 12-2. He was outstanding. He did get named star of the game and when he came out he was waving up to the corner. LMAO when I realized none other then Mikey O'Connell was sitting there!

Not sure what this "can't score" disease both Bruins teams have, but get rid of it.

And defense.. don't ask.

Oh, and Colton Orr actually faught like a man instead of a girl. I guess training him is another of PJ Stock's roles.. LOL. His fight was a draw (Orr).

Old
10-18-2003, 04:28 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bruinette
Last night in Providence... was a site to NOT behold!

Ivan Huml looked like a zombie until about the third period. Not sure if he's sulking (if he is I swear I'll punch him out!) or what the problem is.

Shaone Morrisonn was back, but it was by far the worse game I ever saw him play. Watch them skate by Shaone!! There they go.... wave, Shaone wave! GRRRRR!!!!

Most all of defense was in another planet.

And offense.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... they were napping? No forechecking... nothing. About four players played (forwards) very well: Zino, Mike Gellard, Carl Corazzini, Matt Herr (until the third period)..and.. and that is about it.

If it hadn't been for Tim Thomas the P-Bruins would have lost 12-2. He was outstanding. He did get named star of the game and when he came out he was waving up to the corner. LMAO when I realized none other then Mikey O'Connell was sitting there!

Not sure what this "can't score" disease both Bruins teams have, but get rid of it.

And defense.. don't ask.

Oh, and Colton Orr actually faught like a man instead of a girl. I guess training him is another of PJ Stock's roles.. LOL. His fight was a draw (Orr).
Thanks for the great scouting report from rinkside. I wanted to go to the game, but settled for the webcast.

If Thomas knew that MOC was watching, how come Huml and Morrison were so clueless? They should know better with Providence's proximity to Boston and the big Bs taking a night off!

So Kutlak didn't play well either?

Old
10-18-2003, 04:58 AM
neelynugs

OC there to check on the progress of mr. zinovjev i'd assume. but he goes down there and notices a guy named ivan huml, who is pouting on this inside after being demoted (without cause, in his opinion). maybe this will lead OC to consider a deal for huml, who has some value around the league

when you say zinovjev played well- can you detail his play for us? skating, physical play, defensive awareness, offensive inclination, forechecking, etc? thanks!

Old
10-18-2003, 05:21 AM
BruinsGoon

Where's the offense??

Totally agree with P.Bruinette. The offense was claerly not there last night. Outshot 44-16. Heroic effort by Tim Thomas standing on his head to keep us in the game.

Good first performancce by P.J. Stock. Played a ton of ice time flanked by Matt Herr and Ivan Huml. Probably would have been a much more productive line if it had not been for the lackasdasical performance by Huml. I don't know if he was down because of the demotion or what, but, clearly wasn't in the game. You could tell that P.J. was strugling a bit come the end of the 2nd period and the 3rd from all the ice time he was not used to getting. I'm sure he'll get up to speed soon. You can tell he's going to be a great addition to the team. Getting everyone pumped up throughout the game. Damn good hustle too.

Neelynugs: As for the specifics on Zino. His skating ability is second to none. First step is right on. Great lateral ability and very, very fast. Clearly has Samsonov type skating ability. With the puck, he's very good. Can manueuver in and out and through defenders through the neutral zone. Had a bit of trouble with the Worcester defenders in gaining the offensive zone. He tends to get a bit fancy in an attempt to gain the zone, insted of sending a pass off to a clear teamate. But, all Providence forwards failed to gain the offensive zone last night with the exception of a few attempts by Corazzini and Gellard. Decent on the forecheck, very good play in the corners. His physical play can best be descibed as "chippy" at times but it's mostly a "Let me embarass you by my stickhandling" as opposed to applying the body. Has a very, very good hockey sense, and nows where the puck is at all times. It will be good to see him against a team that doesn't focus so much on the trap style system (if there are any left). He's still getting used to the smaller ice surface. Everything's much more compressed. All in all, this kid will be a force.

Old
10-18-2003, 05:24 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassEnforcer
Neelynugs: As for the specifics on Zino. His skating ability is second to none. First step is right on. Great lateral ability and very, very fast. Clearly has Samsonov type skating ability. With the puck, he's very good. Can manueuver in and out and through defenders through the neutral zone. Had a bit of trouble with the Worcester defenders in gaining the offensive zone. He tends to get a bit fancy in an attempt to gain the zone, insted of sending a pass off to a clear teamate. But, all Providence forwards failed to gain the offensive zone last night with the exception of a few attempts by Corazzini and Gellard. Decent on the forecheck, very good play in the corners. His physical play can best be descibed as "chippy" at times but it's mostly a "Let me embarass you by my stickhandling" as opposed to applying the body. Has a very, very good hockey sense, and nows where the puck is at all times. It will be good to see him against a team that doesn't focus so much on the trap style system (if there are any left). He's still getting used to the smaller ice surface. Everything's much more compressed. All in all, this kid will be a force.
wow- great to hear such good things about zinovjev. thanks for the report massenforcer
is zina still playing w/van oene? who else is on that line? where does hilbert slot in when he's ready to play?

oh- it's also good to hear that stock is playing his butt off. maybe huml will learn from his example

Old
10-18-2003, 08:48 AM
vandy b's fan

i was at last nights p-bruin's game did miss teh first 12 mins of the 1st period( damn traffic on I-95)

zinovjev did look good to me last night he skated pretty well and had some good puck handling last night he pretty good game by him i was glad to see it keeps my hopes up for him

i thought carl corrazini did have a good game to not the biggest guy but he gives good effort and plays a smart game gellard looked good

i wish i saw the 2 p bruins goals though

i hate to kinda repeat whats been said but i pretty much saw the same as was reported more or less

p.j stock i thought had a feisty game was pretty physical and really threw some good hits ,

colton orr i admit i thought sucked horribly when i saw him at training camp but in the game last night he looked a bit better he was another that was throwing his body around kinda to a flaw sometimes a few shifts he spent more time worrying about where he could line a guy up instead of trying to keep with the play ,

ivan huml , the 1st period i cant really comment on i didnt really see a lot of it to be honest , the 2nd period he seemed a bit disinterested , i thought he picked up his play in the 3rd , also

the first 2 mins of the ot prov carry the play and i thought they would get lucky and put teh game away , but those next 3 mins were all worcester , thomas had some very nice saves ( wont lie i was hoping to see toivonen in net)

correct me if im wrong i might be too but i think the lines were
lw pat leahy #17- c matt herr #11 - rw darren van oene #23
lw ivan huml #3- c mike gellard #21 - rw sergei zinovjev#10
lw p.j stock#42 -c chris vernarsky #15- rw carl corazzini #14
with colton orr#44 and doug doul #49 also getting shifts here and there
and on defense
kevin dallman#2 - ed campbell#4
shoane morrisonn #22-brian white#6
zdenek kutlak #80-martin wilde#32

in goal tim thomas #37
backed up by hannu toivonen #33

i might be wrong about those match ups but thats how it looked to me for the most part please correct me if i am wrong though i'd appreciate it

Old
10-18-2003, 03:31 PM
P. Bruinette

Kutlak

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaggers
Thanks for the great scouting report from rinkside. I wanted to go to the game, but settled for the webcast.

If Thomas knew that MOC was watching, how come Huml and Morrison were so clueless? They should know better with Providence's proximity to Boston and the big Bs taking a night off!

So Kutlak didn't play well either?
My error in not mentioning Zdenek Kutlak. He played very well! He's been playing great since training camp and he hasn't let up. He was also getting very offensive minded in the third period -- as he often is. He's definitely one of the best defensemen in Providence. Apolgies for missing him

As For why MOC was in the house and the others played poorly... you've got me.

Lori

Old
10-18-2003, 03:35 PM
P. Bruinette

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
OC there to check on the progress of mr. zinovjev i'd assume. but he goes down there and notices a guy named ivan huml, who is pouting on this inside after being demoted (without cause, in his opinion). maybe this will lead OC to consider a deal for huml, who has some value around the league

when you say zinovjev played well- can you detail his play for us? skating, physical play, defensive awareness, offensive inclination, forechecking, etc? thanks!
Zino's play can best be described as having a lot of hustle! He's very offensive (not too defensive at all) and he's good on his skates. He's one of the few that doesn't seem to be afraid to forecheck. I did notice, however, that he would rather pass then shoot at the net. He's also very fast (which pretty much is summed up in hustle).

Lori

Old
10-18-2003, 03:43 PM
P. Bruinette

What Lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy b's fan
correct me if im wrong i might be too but i think the lines were
lw pat leahy #17- c matt herr #11 - rw darren van oene #23
lw ivan huml #3- c mike gellard #21 - rw sergei zinovjev#10
lw p.j stock#42 -c chris vernarsky #15- rw carl corazzini #14
with colton orr#44 and doug doul #49 also getting shifts here and there
and on defense
kevin dallman#2 - ed campbell#4
shoane morrisonn #22-brian white#6
zdenek kutlak #80-martin wilde#32

in goal tim thomas #37
backed up by hannu toivonen #33

i might be wrong about those match ups but thats how it looked to me for the most part please correct me if i am wrong though i'd appreciate it
Lines?? Scott Gordon was changing them to much I couldn't even keep up1 And their lies a lot of the problems with offense... no chemstry. Right now they are getting outshout 22-5 and have one goal and lead. FIVE SHOTS??????? Oh, and Matt Herr Scored. Hannu is in goal.

Lori

Old
10-19-2003, 07:15 AM
BruinsGoon

Quote:
wow- great to hear such good things about zinovjev. thanks for the report massenforcer
is zina still playing w/van oene? who else is on that line? where does hilbert slot in when he's ready to play?

oh- it's also good to hear that stock is playing his butt off. maybe huml will learn from his example

To early to tell where Hilbert will fit in the lineup. We've got quite a log jam at Center position right now. It could be possible that either Herr or Vernarsky could be moved over to wing. You don't want to put Hilbert in the 1st line center roll right away, and while Zino could handle the job, it might be to early for him as well. You could move Vernarsky over to wing and have Hilbert assume 2nd or 3rd line center, but wouldn't Hibert fit in quite nicely on Zino's wing.

Here's my early prediciton, taking into account Hibert and Brennan's return. I also factored in the possibility of Sammy2 getting sent down.

FORWARDS
Huml-Herr-Vernarsky
(Samuelsson)VanOene-Zinovjev-Corrazzini
Gellard-Hilbert-Leahy
(VanOene)Doull-Stock-Orr

Nowak
Liscak
Bellefeuille
Walsh

DEFENSE
Campbell-Brennan
Kutlak-White
Morrisonn-Dallman

Wilde
Metcalf

Old
10-19-2003, 07:55 AM
neelynugs

so is the plan to use hilbert as a center? how long has it been since andy played up the middle?

i agree, i see samuelsson being sent down soon. also, i think jurcina should eventually find his way there as well. zinovjev is playing on borrowed time- he will be in boston sooner than later.

Old
10-19-2003, 01:18 PM
BruinsGoon

Quote:
so is the plan to use hilbert as a center? how long has it been since andy played up the middle?

i agree, i see samuelsson being sent down soon. also, i think jurcina should eventually find his way there as well. zinovjev is playing on borrowed time- he will be in boston sooner than later.

I don't think anybody has decided for sure whether or not Hilbert would be best suited for Center or Left Wing. I recall early last season in Providence, Andy was playing primarily in the middle, but as the season progessed, found himself at the LW position more and more. Even Boston has Andy down as a Center while Providence has him down at LW. Personally, I think Andy is better suited in the middle. With Boston's lack of depth at the Center position, I look for Andy to play more C than LW.

Closed Thread