HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix and St. Louis

Old
06-29-2011, 11:38 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Phoenix and St. Louis

A rehash of an old thread that went terribly awry. A blues fan proposed Oshie, Schwartz, Cole and two 2nds for Yandle and the rights to Belanger. He was abused pretty thoroughly by his fellow Notes fans. I'd like to gauge reactions to a scaled down deal. I'm not sure I'd actually pull the trigger. I probably wouldn't. Just curious...

To STL:
Yandle

To PHX:
Oshie
Schwartz

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
I'd do it in a heart beat.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Brentwood1

As a blues fan, I would do Oshie, Cole, and a 1st.

I know it probably kills the deal, but no way can we include Jaden...

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
CCBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood1 View Post

I'd like that better too. I don't think the Blues should trade two potential Top-6 forwards for a defenseman. Not a knock on Yandle either, he's great.

However, a forward, a solid potential second pair-er, and a 1st sounds a lot better.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:

I would definitely NOT do that. If the Coyotes deal Yandle, they better get a heart wrenching return from the other team. Has to be really painful for both sides, is my thinking. Completely painful and totally exciting.

Old
06-29-2011, 11:48 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBC View Post
I'd like that better too. I don't think the Blues should trade two forwards, especially who are in their long-term plans, for a defenseman. However, a forward, a solid potential second pair-er, and a 1st sounds a lot better.
Sounds a lot better for the Blues. Yandle is an elite defenseman to get an elite player you have to give up a lot.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I'd like that better too. I don't think the Blues should trade two potential Top-6 forwards for a defenseman. Not a knock on Yandle either, he's great.

However, a forward, a solid potential second pair-er, and a 1st sounds a lot better.
No thank you. What about the OP? I'm wondering about the OP, not counters.

EDIT: I'm hoping to keep this thread on track. Id like responses to the OP and not sub threads and side discussions on counters. We all know that's what this will deteriorate into eventually, but if we could delay the inevitible a while, Id be greatful.

Thanks.

Old
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Never.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

If we trade Yandle, we better be getting a true number one forward back. Put him in a package deal and acquire Parise. Yandle is way too valuable

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
CCBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd even add a bit to that proposal, to be honest. I just don't think the Blues would, or really should, trade two potential top-6 forwards for a defenseman. Not saying the value's off, but if there was a more of a glut of solid forwards in the Blues system, I'd be more inclined to do it if I were the Blues. Outside of Tarasenko & Schwartz, there's not really any forwards who I'm expecting much out of. A lot of people are higher on McRae than I am though.

Old
06-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Brentwood1

Quote:
With Schwartz drawing more and more comparisons to players the likes of Parise, I think the Blues need to hold on to him.

Yandle is a hell of a player and would be great to pair with Petro. We just can't go all Chicago or Philly on our highly paid players and drain our youth in the pipline to not be able to supplement the expensive talent...

Brentwood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2011, 11:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I'd even add a bit to that proposal, to be honest. I just don't think the Blues would, or really should, trade two potential top-6 forwards for a defenseman. Not saying the value's off, but if there was a more of a glut of solid forwards in the Blues system, I'd be more inclined to do it if I were the Blues. Outside of Tarasenko & Schwartz, there's not really any forwards who I'm expecting much out of. A lot of people are higher on McRae than I am though.
Quote:
With Schwartz drawing more and more comparisons to players the likes of Parise, I think the Blues need to hold on to him.

Yandle is a hell of a player and would be great to pair with Petro. We just can't go all Chicago or Philly on our highly paid players and drain our youth in the pipline to not be able to supplement the expensive talent...
So to clarify, if Phoenix offered you Yandle for Oshie and Schwartz, you would decline? Not saying you would be wrong or right to do so, just making sure that's what you're saying.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
IceDogsandLeafs

hmmmm if the yotes throw in a forward that can help the Blues immediately, say Korpikoski, then it looks like a fair deal. Blues have enough forwards that can play centre to afford to lose Jaden if they wanted this deal. Adding Yandle with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Polak, and Cole makes for a very solid defence.

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
hmmmm if the yotes throw in a forward that can help the Blues immediately, say Korpikoski, then it looks like a fair deal. Blues have enough forwards that can play centre to afford to lose Jaden if they wanted this deal. Adding Yandle with Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Polak, and Cole makes for a very solid defence.
Stempniak I would add. I wouldn't even consider Korpikoski in this deal.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:08 AM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Stempniak I would add. I wouldn't even consider Korpikoski in this deal.
I see why you are saying that, but it would seem doubtful that the blues would want Stempniak back in st. louis

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Jzk

vCash: 4000
Honestly any StL fans saying they wouldn't aren't thinking this through. There isn't a LHD in the system on Yandles level. On top of that we likely can't sign one. We're really only giving up one current roster player for a huge need. The only red flag that comes up for the Blues is Yandle is a RFA and how much money is he going to want.

Jzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:10 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
So to clarify, if Phoenix offered you Yandle for Oshie and Schwartz, you would decline? Not saying you would be wrong or right to do so, just making sure that's what you're saying.
I guess I am in the minority of Blues fans but I am high on Schwartz but would be willing to include him for an established Elite nhl player.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:18 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I see why you are saying that, but it would seem doubtful that the blues would want Stempniak back in st. louis
Then Pyatt. No? Then we're back to the OP.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:19 AM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
It would be a solid offense, not necessarily defense. Which is where the real issue with making a move for Yandle starts to break down. The whole reason why we Blues fans are looking for a LHD is to avoid putting Pietrangelo with Jackman. A Pietrangelo-Yandle pairing sounds nice in fantasy stat land but it could play out very differently since one of the two is going to have to limit their game and be the defensive conscious. It would end up being Polak-Yandle, and Pietrangelo-Jackman which if Pietrangelo is still the #1 we haven't solved what we were trying to avoid. It also leaves us with a defensive black hole of Shattenkirk-Nikitin/Cola, that pairing would be abused and would force the Blues to use Ian Cole(who would benefit from some more AHL time) instead. So what are we going to do with Nikitin/Cola at that point?

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:32 AM
Oshie97

Yandle would be nice to have but I dont think he is what we need on D right now. We need a big shut down guy that can log big minutes with Petro. Giving up Oshie and Schwartz in the same deal would be hard to do.

Last edited by Oshie97: 06-30-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:54 AM
letowskie

That's right; the Coyotes would need at least one proven asset coming back for the deal to make sense; this is not a firesale. Backes or Stewart would be a good starting point for a deal; adding Oshie to either one would probably get the deal done.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
CCBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
That's right; the Coyotes would need at least one proven asset coming back for the deal to make sense; this is not a firesale. Backes or Stewart would be a good starting point for a deal; adding Oshie to either one would probably get the deal done.
Sorry, but there's no way in hell the Blues are going to deal Backes or Stewart. Adding Oshie onto that? No way.

Old
06-30-2011, 01:18 AM
letowskie

Quote:
Sorry, but there's no way in hell the Blues are going to deal Backes or Stewart. Adding Oshie onto that? No way.
The Yotes can add Tikhonov to sweeten the pot a bit; that should get it done.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:13 AM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
The Yotes can add Tikhonov to sweeten the pot a bit; that should get it done.
It really wouldn't.

I'm going to echo a previous poster and say that adding Yandle's skill-set (outstanding as it is) falls more in line with "luxury" than "necessity" for the Blues. They can already put a defenseman capable of producing ~40 (or more) points over 82 games on each pairing (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Colaiacovo). For the sort of return that they would have to give up, it's simply going to create more problems for the organization than it solves.

It doesn't help matters that Yandle's point production virtually guarantees that he's going to make a huge amount of money even as a restricted free agent...

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:13 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Blues don't need Yandle, nothing further to discuss.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote