HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Eklund's Top Six FA Forwards And Who Wants Them + Parise On The Block? *UNPAUSE*

Old
06-30-2011, 12:59 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Oh Eklund.
That is insanity. He'd also better apologize to New Jersey fans for the hurricane of Parise to Toronto proposals they'll have to sift through now.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:03 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Since when can you quote entire articles from someone else's site like this? I thought there were rules about this sort of thing. If you guys are going to be reading and talking about it, he deserves the traffic.

Mods?

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:04 AM
AllAbout813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
That is insanity. He'd also better apologize to New Jersey fans for the hurricane of Parise to Toronto proposals they'll have to sift through now.
This. What ever will "The" Eklund come up with next.

AllAbout813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
giddy up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Moulson Ale View Post
I love how he mentioned that the isles have no legitimate 20 goal top 6 forwards even though 5 of 5 excluding indued okposo had at least 20 goals
I thought the same thing. Eklund said "A top six forward on a team with multiple 20 goal scorers is very different than a top six forward on the Islanders, Coyotes, or Jets."

Umm is he just talking out of his ass? Isles had FIVE 20 goal scorers (3 had 29 or more). Thats 5 of the top 6. And this doesn't include okposo who missed most of the season.

Gotta love eklund.

giddy up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LOL. Hawks are NOT going to put together an offer-sheet for Stamkos and I highly doubt we're going to trade for Parise... he'd cost too much.

If it was possible, I'd put all my vCash on it (I know, I know... big deal ). But if either of those things happened, I'd be absolutely shocked.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:09 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Looks like we know how he gets his rumours. His "sources" are probably just guys he follows on Twitter and he takes their scoop and publishes it in his blog the minute it comes out.

It wouldn't be the first time he leeched off an independent source.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

of course its much easier to get Parise to play for the Rangers because he wouldn't have to move into a new house.

Solid reasoning right there.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:24 AM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Since when can you quote entire articles from someone else's site like this? I thought there were rules about this sort of thing. If you guys are going to be reading and talking about it, he deserves the traffic.

Mods?
Party pooper

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Toquitoes
Devils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall4 View Post
of course its much easier to get Parise to play for the Rangers because he wouldn't have to move into a new house.

Solid reasoning right there.
hahaha jesus christ. is this guy serious?

Toquitoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:49 AM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I don't know why the leafs would be interested in parise, yeah he's parise, but we're looking for a #1 center, not to have two top line wingers and a 35pt center in between them... good thing it's eklund, and I don't have to care for more than 2 minutes.

edit: and he has a "gut" feeling the leafs will get richards... sheesh, I know he's 85% likely to be a ranger.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:02 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

So EK has Bard Richards going to the Leafs, they're after Malkin and his inside guy is saying the Leafs are making a pitch for Parise too?.. wow Leafs are going to be stacked this season.

don't get mad Leaf fans that's a jab at EK not you guys.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
lol, The Devils are willing to trade Parise to the Rangers because it is more convenient for him so he doesn't have to relocate to a new house? This is gold.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:08 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
So EK has Bard Richards going to the Leafs, they're after Malkin and his inside guy is saying the Leafs are making a pitch for Parise too?.. wow Leafs are going to be stacked this season.

don't get mad Leaf fans that's a jab at EK not you guys.
Yes the cups coming back to Canada finally lol

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:12 AM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Heres the thread where all the fans from different fanbase unite and bash Eklund all together.

HFboards in unity for the first time!

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:14 AM
BCdevil

So Eklund has Parise going to one of 7 (8?) potential teams (COL, VAN, CHI, NYR, all of Eastern Canada, which to him probably includes WIN as a way of covering his ass). I have never been more confident that the Devils will re-sign ZP longterm than I am right now.

BCdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:16 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Party pooper
Just saying. The guy deserves the traffic from all of you haters that love talking about him so much.

I seriously don't understand the hate he gets. He has legitimately broken several trades, signings, etc. It seems people have no grasp of the concept of what a rumour is. Just because trades aren't finalized, that doesn't mean people weren't kicking tires and discussions weren't happening. And sure, he gets silly and dramatic - but clearly it works. It keeps all of you monkeys coming back for more.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I wouldn't say that Eklund has "broken" a trade... but rather that he's been right on several interested teams. He knew Mike Richards was in play, he was right about several other teams having interest and then signing/trading for that player in the past few years.

I don't remember him ever say "I'm hearing that Team A is interested in Player X for Player Y and Z" or anything along those lines and it was correct.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:12 AM
HeisenBaez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
LOL. Hawks are NOT going to put together an offer-sheet for Stamkos and I highly doubt we're going to trade for Parise... he'd cost too much.
I agree on both points. Unless StanBow has fooled everybody and makes a play for Stamkos (heck the Hawks have so much good talent they could actually afford losing four first rd picks and not hurt the farm system) or Parise, I expect the Hawks to focus on filling out the final two lines with solid players.

HeisenBaez is offline   Reply With Quote