HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OLN features 7 Rangers Home Games

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
sadly, i tried that...and the guy at cablevision said, "well, sir, your request has been noted, and if we ever plan to pick up center ice, we can email you about it!"

acting as if they've never carried it,when in fact i've ordered it the past two years. they have no clue down there.
OK, theyre even more clueless than TWC (they have gotten better).

Old
09-06-2005, 06:37 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Who's your cable operator?
Time Warner

Old
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
sadly, i tried that...and the guy at cablevision said, "well, sir, your request has been noted, and if we ever plan to pick up center ice, we can email you about it!"
The people at Cablevision are alarmingly uninformed. A number of us have written to specifically ask about what they intend to do about the situation. We all received the same response saying "OLN is available as a sports package for $4.95, call to order". One poster, I think it was HockeyBasedNYC, did reach a woman named Elaine who said we WOULD be able to watch ALL Ranger games on Cablevision, but didn't specifically address the OLN problem.

Bottom line, if Dolan doesn't put OLN on basic, we're not going to see any OLN exlusive games, with or without Center Ice.

Old
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Time Warner
You're set.

Old
09-06-2005, 10:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

This is all contractual nonesense. The NHL was in such a rush to get the 200+ million deal from comcast that they didnt formally address the contract correctly (kinda like the first lockout).
Now OLN and Cablevision are interpreting the contract differently and it will most likely go to court. The NHL though, could step in and make an easy decision and stop all of this nonsense.
Why dont they? You think with all the bad publicity over the last year they would want to appease the fans. This is unbelievable. Another classic ******* the fans move!

Old
09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
This is all contractual nonesense. The NHL was in such a rush to get the 200+ million deal from comcast that they didnt formally address the contract correctly (kinda like the first lockout).
Now OLN and Cablevision are interpreting the contract differently and it will most likely go to court. The NHL though, could step in and make an easy decision and stop all of this nonsense.
Why dont they? You think with all the bad publicity over the last year they would want to appease the fans. This is unbelievable. Another classic ******* the fans move!
I disagree, I think the league and Comcast knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote the contract. They are trying to put pressure on Cablevision and force them to deal with the bad publicity of not showing the NHL (and get OLN on a basic tier). The problem is the Dolans don't give a rat's *** about bad publicity and will continue to apply their "business model" for as long as they can get away with it. If you think they are going to cave over hockey, check out what happened with the YES network. If you're lucky, someone in government will step in and try and force a compromise. But don't hold your breath, cause it will take months, if not years to get to that point.

Old
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Time Warner
Any games that are blacked out on MSG or FSN will be available to you on OLN (I think it's channel 122).

Old
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I disagree, I think the league and Comcast knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote the contract. They are trying to put pressure on Cablevision and force them to deal with the bad publicity of not showing the NHL (and get OLN on a basic tier). The problem is the Dolans don't give a rat's *** about bad publicity and will continue to apply their "business model" for as long as they can get away with it. If you think they are going to cave over hockey, check out what happened with the YES network. If you're lucky, someone in government will step in and try and force a compromise. But don't hold your breath, cause it will take months, if not years to get to that point.
Either way the fans get screwed. That always seems to be the thing in common with these cable wars.

Old
09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Either way the fans get screwed. That always seems to be the thing in common with these cable wars.
What do you expect from a monopoly?

Closed Thread