HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OLN features 7 Rangers Home Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
  #26
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
sadly, i tried that...and the guy at cablevision said, "well, sir, your request has been noted, and if we ever plan to pick up center ice, we can email you about it!"

acting as if they've never carried it,when in fact i've ordered it the past two years. they have no clue down there.
OK, theyre even more clueless than TWC (they have gotten better).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 06:37 AM
  #27
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Who's your cable operator?
Time Warner

in the hall is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
  #28
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
sadly, i tried that...and the guy at cablevision said, "well, sir, your request has been noted, and if we ever plan to pick up center ice, we can email you about it!"
The people at Cablevision are alarmingly uninformed. A number of us have written to specifically ask about what they intend to do about the situation. We all received the same response saying "OLN is available as a sports package for $4.95, call to order". One poster, I think it was HockeyBasedNYC, did reach a woman named Elaine who said we WOULD be able to watch ALL Ranger games on Cablevision, but didn't specifically address the OLN problem.

Bottom line, if Dolan doesn't put OLN on basic, we're not going to see any OLN exlusive games, with or without Center Ice.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
  #29
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Time Warner
You're set.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 10:37 AM
  #30
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
This is all contractual nonesense. The NHL was in such a rush to get the 200+ million deal from comcast that they didnt formally address the contract correctly (kinda like the first lockout).
Now OLN and Cablevision are interpreting the contract differently and it will most likely go to court. The NHL though, could step in and make an easy decision and stop all of this nonsense.
Why dont they? You think with all the bad publicity over the last year they would want to appease the fans. This is unbelievable. Another classic ******* the fans move!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 01:17 PM
  #31
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
This is all contractual nonesense. The NHL was in such a rush to get the 200+ million deal from comcast that they didnt formally address the contract correctly (kinda like the first lockout).
Now OLN and Cablevision are interpreting the contract differently and it will most likely go to court. The NHL though, could step in and make an easy decision and stop all of this nonsense.
Why dont they? You think with all the bad publicity over the last year they would want to appease the fans. This is unbelievable. Another classic ******* the fans move!
I disagree, I think the league and Comcast knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote the contract. They are trying to put pressure on Cablevision and force them to deal with the bad publicity of not showing the NHL (and get OLN on a basic tier). The problem is the Dolans don't give a rat's *** about bad publicity and will continue to apply their "business model" for as long as they can get away with it. If you think they are going to cave over hockey, check out what happened with the YES network. If you're lucky, someone in government will step in and try and force a compromise. But don't hold your breath, cause it will take months, if not years to get to that point.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
  #32
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
Time Warner
Any games that are blacked out on MSG or FSN will be available to you on OLN (I think it's channel 122).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 01:55 PM
  #33
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I disagree, I think the league and Comcast knew EXACTLY what they were doing when they wrote the contract. They are trying to put pressure on Cablevision and force them to deal with the bad publicity of not showing the NHL (and get OLN on a basic tier). The problem is the Dolans don't give a rat's *** about bad publicity and will continue to apply their "business model" for as long as they can get away with it. If you think they are going to cave over hockey, check out what happened with the YES network. If you're lucky, someone in government will step in and try and force a compromise. But don't hold your breath, cause it will take months, if not years to get to that point.
Either way the fans get screwed. That always seems to be the thing in common with these cable wars.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
  #34
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Either way the fans get screwed. That always seems to be the thing in common with these cable wars.
What do you expect from a monopoly?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.