HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Nashville

Old
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Regina Pat
Who Cares?

vCash: 500
Why do the Leafs need Ryan Ellis? Gardiner and Blacker ring a bell?

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Hahahahahahahahahhaha
Great argument. Did you happen to forget that this trade doesn't help the Leafs? Honestly, there seems to be a lot of Leafs haters around lately.

Kbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post

As for Mac, he had the most points on one of the top 4 lines in the NHL last season. His vision on the ice is good, and he also has a good wrist shot. Anyone who saw Mac last season knows that he produced on just about ever line he played on. If he went to Nashville he would instantly become their best playmaker... yes better than Legwand. Of course he has flaws. He is so far a one season wonder, and he is an RFA who will want a big raise after being grossly underpaid last season for what he did.

Neither team does this because nether team needs what the other is offering. Leafs have Blacker, Gardiner now Percy.... we dont need D, unless its a star.

Nashville doesnt need a second liner, with much to lose. They need offence.
I'm somewhere in between and

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Phaneuf is Phaneuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Wow, only Toronto fans can propose ridiculous junk like such.

Phaneuf is Phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:16 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

It's hilarious how leafs fans think their players are worth so much. A lot of people are really pumping up Ryan Ellis, especially those who watch him in the OHL. He seems to be the real deal. Now, MacArthur had a good year and all, but him and the other guy will NEVER get you a Ryan Ellis. Like was already mentioned, the deal was basically done to trade him for Courtier, but Philly took him first. Mac and the other guy would never get you Courtier.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:17 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
Ryan Ellis is not that great a commodity. Anyone who has seen him play in the OHL knows that while he eats minutes and plays with his heart, he is a positional liability defensively. For all the position genious he has in the offensive zone, his lack of it on D makes up for it. He plays way to agressive on D, trying to go man on man, and he isnt big enough. Hes not fast enough to beat bigger guys to pucks, and when he doesnt have the puck he can panik in big situations..... this is at the OHL level. Done get me wrong, offensively he is as good as they come, but hes not going to be a 20 minute defenceman in this league.
If we was drafted by the Leafs, he'd be the next coming of Jesus.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I know Leafs players and fans are bashed all the time on this board but give me a ****ing break McCarthur is a 50+ point player who's still young while Jerry D'Amigp is a solid prospect I think it's at least fair in terms of value but on HF Leafs players have no value and even when their fans make fair proposals their laughed at.

Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:27 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
I know Leafs players and fans are bashed all the time on this board but give me a ****ing break McCarthur is a 50+ point player who's still young while Jerry D'Amigp is a solid prospect I think it's at least fair in terms of value but on HF Leafs players have no value and even when their fans make fair proposals their laughed at.
but its not fair..

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
but its not fair..
Really a 50 point forward along with a solid prospect isn't fair in terms of value? I'm far from a Leafs fan but I find it fair.

Old
06-30-2011, 02:30 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Really a 50 point forward along with a solid prospect isn't fair in terms of value? I'm far from a Leafs fan but I find it fair.
Its decent value, but for Ryan Ellis its not. Hes probably the highest rated D prospect that hasnt played a NHL game

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Its decent value, but for Ryan Ellis its not. Hes probably the highest rated D prospect that hasnt played a NHL game
Adam Larsson and David Rundblad say "Whats up"

Old
06-30-2011, 03:11 AM
JacklegJack

Quote:
Adam Larsson and David Rundblad say "Whats up"
Ryan Ellis says "How's the view down there?"

JacklegJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:24 AM
shasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Wow, only Toronto fans can propose ridiculous junk like such.
It's people like you that make me mad everyone hates on the leafs and their fans well screw that and even when someone makes an offer that's fair people like u post inaproptiate comments like that, at least true leaf fans are loyal and passionate about their team, I stick with the blue and white cause when I was young I met Gilmore and I was hooked so ppl like you need to back off and stop trolling leaf fans everyone wants to see their team improve so stop the leaf hate and post a legitamet response and not be an ass

Last edited by doubleminor138: 06-30-2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: profanity
shasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:27 AM
shasco

Quote:
I know Leafs players and fans are bashed all the time on this board but give me a ****ing break McCarthur is a 50+ point player who's still young while Jerry D'Amigp is a solid prospect I think it's at least fair in terms of value but on HF Leafs players have no value and even when their fans make fair proposals their laughed
at.
Thank you a person with a head on their shoulders who calls it mike it is thank you

shasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:32 AM
thejlb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavs View Post
i don't think he'll be as good in the NHL. He's a great OHL and junior player, but playing against men is a whole different story. He's Small, slow, not tough and will need to make a huge transition to the speed of the NHL if he wants to compete for a job. All i see him bringing is some offense and having a good vision to make plays, maybe some time on the PP but would be a huge defensive liability. I cant see him developing into anything better than a 4-6 d-man in the league. I'd rather keep Mac and hope he can continue at a 50-60 point pace.

Riiiiiigggghhhhtttttt because if its one thing Nashville doesn't know how to do is develop d-men

thejlb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Rymistri

Quote:
Did you just make this up?

He is a solid prospect but I haven't seen him ranked that high anywhere. Even in HF's top prospects there are 10 D ahead of him and that doesn't include this years draft.

Rymistri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 06:13 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Jesus, how much value does ryan ellis have? I understand he's got potential and has looked great in junior, but come on!

Btw, the leafs don't do this. Not at all. No need for Ellis.

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:04 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Jesus, how much value does ryan ellis have? I understand he's got potential and has looked great in junior, but come on!
Yes...one of the better D prospects in the league has more value than Clarke freaking Macarthur.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Tankhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Yes...one of the better D prospects in the league has more value than Clarke freaking Macarthur.

Toronto already has Blacker, Gardiner and Percy in the system, plus we just signed Liles. A PMD is not what we need right now. The only way Toronto packages Mac is for a number one center.

Tankhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
KiwiPuck217

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
If we was drafted by the Leafs, he'd be the next coming of Jesus.
Nah, it he was drafted by the Leafs, he's obviously a bust.
Also, keep an eye out for the millions of proposals with his name thrown in.

KiwiPuck217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Kings of Komarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
this. why are all leaf fans always putting him into every proposal? That in itself has diminished his value on these boards.
if somebody cares what clarke's perceived "value" is on an online hockey forum then they have issues. If you discount his value based on posts made by fans of his team on an online hockey forum, then you have even bigger issues. Anyway, Ryan Ellis will not have half the career people on here think he will. His game does not translate, he is tiny, defensive liability. Will never be a top 3 on any team in the nhl. Those slow wristers and half assed clappers don't go in on nhl goalies like they do in Jr. so his PP production drops big time.

Kings of Komarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:25 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

This deal doesn't help either team. Toronto doesn't need Ellis. We don't need a guy who has broken the 50pt barrier ONCE and will likely be overpaid because of it. By the way, can we stop calling MacArthur a "50 pt player"? At least let the guy do it twice before we give him that tag.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:51 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim BakerMan Brent View Post
if somebody cares what clarke's perceived "value" is on an online hockey forum then they have issues. If you discount his value based on posts made by fans of his team on an online hockey forum, then you have even bigger issues. Anyway, Ryan Ellis will not have half the career people on here think he will. His game does not translate, he is tiny, defensive liability. Will never be a top 3 on any team in the nhl. Those slow wristers and half assed clappers don't go in on nhl goalies like they do in Jr. so his PP production drops big time.
It's funny you say that. Jonathan Blum was too light to play in the NHL too when he was drafted at a paltry 155 pounds. He's now number 3 on the depth chart in Nashville and he's barely played in the NHL at this point. He's looked 10 times better than Franson and O'Brien and is making a good second pairing with Klein. Remember, Nashville knows how to develop defensemen. They wouldn't have drafted him if they felt his size would be an issue. Rafalski wasn't the biggest guy in the NHL and he had a pretty productive career over the years. And just a question, have you actually seen his shot in person? If so that's fine to make your analysis but if you haven't, what are you basing your opinion on, what others say?

Ellis is a wild card. His size could hurt him but his immense talent sure won't. I got to see him yesterday at a prospect camp and for a guy that is so bad defensively, he didn't seem out of place or a liability at all out there. If anything, he stood out on being able to get the puck and move it quickly. His shot is also booming. Don't know how such a little guy can get so much on the puck but he does. Oh well. Can't please everybody around here.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:53 AM
thejlb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim BakerMan Brent View Post
Are you kidding. what about Timonen and Rafalski. They seem to have had succes on d while being "tiny". You have clearly never seen Cody Fransons wrist shot, or Webers (when hes not blasting it.) If there are holes in his game Nashville is the perfect place for him. They seem to have d on lock down.

thejlb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:11 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen13 View Post
Toronto:
Ryan Ellis

Nashville:
Clarke MacArthur
Jerry D'amigo
Does Clarke MacArthur have a communicable disease? He is in every Toronto trade proposal.

and Jerry D'amigo seems to be a throw in in most of them too.

If I was Nashville, I would counter with:

To Toronto:

Ellis
2012 3rd round pick

To Nashville:

Kadri

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote