HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

spEKulation... Parise?

Old
06-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 300
spEKulation... Parise?

First off let me say I have zero faith in what Eklund says, especially because division rivals would never trade with each other in any meaningful trade, let alone a blockbuster. But this is too good to pass up.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Lunacy/1/36764

For those who refuse to go to hockeybuzz (which I do, but a buddy sent me this link and well like i said earlier this is too good to pass up), Eklund states we could be offering up the most of any team for Parise.

If this even had a shred of truth to it which( if its a 3 way trade I may be able to see this happening, other wise there is 0 chance)... what could we give up for Parise?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Nice!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
First off let me say I have zero faith in what Eklund says, especially because division rivals would never trade with each other in any meaningful trade, let alone a blockbuster. But this is too good to pass up.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Lunacy/1/36764

Well obviously we would have to overpay....

Not sure Im even allowed to speculate on this topic... but I do approve

For those who refuse to go to hockeybuzz (which I do, but a buddy sent me this link and well like i said earlier this is too good to pass up), Eklund states we could be offering up the most of any team for Parise.

If this even had a shred of truth to it which( if its a 3 way trade I may be able to see this happening)... what could we give up for Parise?

06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQUp View Post
So tell me, oh follower of Eklund. Why is NJ trading their homegrown player that fits their system perfectly to a division rival? Does this rumor even make any sense?
Oh tell me, person who has zero reading comprehension the significance of me saying a friend sent me this link and how that translates into me being a follower of fraudland.

Why do some people insist on making the thread about the poster of the thread, rather then the actual content which has nothing to do with my beliefs with regards to hockey.

And with respect to the bolded part... when you have people like Pierre Mcguire who actually know a thing or two about hockey saying he would be surprised if Parise was with the Devils next year... is it really that off base?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=938059

I know your reading comprehension is iffy, but the first post says it all, and it isn't to wordy either so you may be able to understand it I know you have a hard time actually comprehending a post.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
So tell me, oh follower of Eklund. Why is NJ trading their homegrown player that fits their system perfectly to a division rival? Does this rumor even make any sense?
Apparently several teams have put together packages to offer for Parise, and the Rangers package was the best value, enough to make Lou consider it. Standard Eklund stuff.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

I know we've seen Debbies sign with Rangers before, but, this is one I just never see happening. (At least until Parise turns 35+). Either Parise gets re-signed, or Lou deals him out west to a team that signs him long term. I've never seen Parise as the "yearning to play at MSG"-type that Gomez supposedly was. People can keep fantasizing, but, I just do not see Parise becoming a Ranger in the prime of his career.

Last edited by jas: 06-30-2011 at 12:47 PM.
jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I know we've seen Debbies sign with Rangers before, but, this is one I just never see happening. (At least until Parise turns 35+). Either Parise gets re-signed, or Lou deals him out west to a team that signs him long term. I've seen Parise as the "yearning to play at MSG"-type that Gomez supposedly was. People can keep fantasizing, but, I just do not see Parise becoming a Ranger in the prime of his career.
Neither do I. All my question was, which not one person has answered, is what could we POSSIBLY give up.

Old
06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Neither do I. All my question was, which not one person has answered, is what could we POSSIBLY give up.
Gotta be honest, I haven't even speculated on such a possibility, because, the cost, in my mind would be to drastic. This is a division rival the Rangers very rarely ever done business with, and two sharks in Sather and Lamoriello who likely wouldn't be very conducive to making a deal with the other.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
broadwayblue

so what would our package likely include? secondly, is parise 100% healthy now?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

Quote:
Gotta be honest, I haven't even speculated on such a possibility, because, the cost, in my mind would be to drastic. This is a division rival the Rangers very rarely ever done business with, and two sharks in Sather and Lamoriello who likely wouldn't be very conducive to making a deal with the other.
Most likely. There was some one on the main trade board pretending to be a Rangers fan (obviously a Devils fan) saying the "starting point" Dubinsky/Callahan, Stepan, Erixon, Kreider/Thomas, Nyr 2012 1st.

I just could never see the Rangers giving up even something remotely close to that to a division rival as good as Parise is, and as much as he may be worth it...

Old
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Most likely. There was some one on the main trade board pretending to be a Rangers fan (obviously a Devils fan) saying the "starting point" Dubinsky/Callahan, Stepan, Erixon, Kreider/Thomas, Nyr 2012 1st.

I just could never see the Rangers giving up even something remotely close to that to a division rival as good as Parise is, and as much as he may be worth it...
Pass. Maybe I'd pay half that price...but that's about it.

Dubinsky, Erixon, 1st. Don't want to go much higher than that.

Last edited by broadwayblue: 06-30-2011 at 12:33 PM.
broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I know we've seen Debbies sign with Rangers before, but, this is one I just never see happening. (At least until Parise turns 35+). Either Parise gets re-signed, or Lou deals him out west to a team that signs him long term. I've seen Parise as the "yearning to play at MSG"-type that Gomez supposedly was. People can keep fantasizing, but, I just do not see Parise becoming a Ranger in the prime of his career.
pretty much agree with everything said here.

what would a package for Parise cost? im sure youd have to start with staal, and one of dubinsky or callahan....thats just to start negotiations with the devils. and im sure it would end up costing all 3 of those. wihch of course kills the devils cap situation one would think.

unless of course the rangers are offering up something like..

AA
Stepan
MDZ
Erixon
Mcilrath
Our first next year
Kreider
Thomas

i mean, basically youd have to trade every single one of our prospects for a division rival like the devils to trade their superstar player who is still just entering the prime of his career.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
pretty much agree with everything said here.

what would a package for Parise cost? im sure youd have to start with staal, and one of dubinsky or callahan....thats just to start negotiations with the devils. and im sure it would end up costing all
3 of those. wihch of course kills the devils cap situation one would think.

unless of course the rangers are offering up something like..

AA
Stepan
MDZ
Erixon
Mcilrath
Our first next year
Kreider
Thomas

i mean, basically youd have to trade every single one of our prospects for a division rival like the devils to trade their superstar player who is still just entering the prime of his career.
Agreed. Even if eklunds was on to something, which he isn't, I don't want any part of this. They can keep parise.

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

As we've said hundreds of times before: If you don't like the source, don't discuss the rumor. Very simple. We don't need dozens of posts with useless commentary.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

And to think we could have had him for free

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Pass. Maybe I'd pay half that price...but that's about it.

Dubinsky, Erixon, 1st. Don't want to go much higher than that.
for Parise? id pay that and more. but it still aint gonna happen.

Old
06-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Parise is coming off a terrible injury and his point totals are on the downturn from his career high as of late. Not sure he's worth what we'd be paying.

I'd like to see him rebound to 2009 numbers before I sell the barn for him.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Parise is coming off a terrible injury and his point totals are on the downturn from his career high as of late. Not sure he's worth what we'd be paying.

I'd like to see him rebound to 2009 numbers before I sell the barn for him.
downturn?

well yes i guess 38 goals, 44 assists for 82 points in 81 games is down from 45/49/94 in 82....technically speaking.....

Old
06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
downturn?

well yes i guess 38 goals, 44 assists for 82 points in 81 games is down from 45/49/94 in 82....technically speaking.....
He was off to a slow start before the injury too, but to be fair so was the whole team so I'll let that one go. I don't know the 94 just really sticks out. I wanna be sure he can go there again before gutting out franchise to get him.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He was off to a slow start before the injury too, but to be fair so was the whole team so I'll let that one go. I don't know the 94 just really sticks out. I wanna be sure he can go there again before gutting out franchise to get him.
i could be wrong, but i thought i remember him being hurt before the season started, and he tried to play through it....maybe?

Old
06-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Ever since i heard about Parise skating with Stepan I have been very intrigued. I'm a huge fan od the Amnrican born players, especially guys like Parise and Kesler. I actually think that Parise is way better suited for the Ranger system than he is on the Devils. Of course via trade I would imagine that is highly unlikely. But...if he only signs a 1 year deal doesn't that mean he will become a UFA next year?

A healthy Parise would be in my top 5 players I would covet if I was building a team tomorrow.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:40 PM
McIlrathsWrath

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=36788

Not sure if that link works but he is saying that rangers are attempting to deal some rfa's in order to sign stamkos instead of Richards. Just want to get his stuff on record to see exactly how much of it doesn't happen lol

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANbrAVERY View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=36788

Not sure if that link works but he is saying that rangers are attempting to deal some rfa's in order to sign Richards and stamkos. Just want to get his stuff on record to see exactly how much of it doesn't happen lol
Trade Dubi, Kreider, MDZ, and our first rounder next season for Stamkos. Sign Richards.

Richards - Stamkos - Gaborik
Wolski - AA - Callahan
Hagelin - Stepan - MZA
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

Staal - Girardi
MCD - Sauer
Erixon - Valentenko

Old
06-30-2011, 05:46 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Ever since i heard about Parise skating with Stepan I have been very intrigued. I'm a huge fan od the Amnrican born players, especially guys like Parise and Kesler. I actually think that Parise is way better suited for the Ranger system than he is on the Devils. Of course via trade I would imagine that is highly unlikely. But...if he only signs a 1 year deal doesn't that mean he will become a UFA next year?

A healthy Parise would be in my top 5 players I would covet if I was building a team tomorrow.
I love that this team is built upon American players. We wear red, white & blue for a reason. With that said Parise is hands down the best American talent in the game at the moment and I would love to have him, however NOT through an offer sheet since there's a good chance that he'll be a UFA in no time.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:48 PM
bettercallstaal
SAMCRO

According to Eklund, every RFA on every team is miles away from a deal and is getting an offer sheet. I can't see us getting Parise or Stamkos for that matter.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

heres one with avery instead of Fedotenko

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Brad Richards ($6.500m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Wojtek Wolski ($3.800m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.850m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.000m)
Carl Hagelin ($0.662m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Mats Zuccarello-Aasen ($1.750m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Brian Boyle ($1.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Mike Sauer ($1.500m) / Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Martin Biron ($0.875m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($3.716m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,104,167; BONUSES: $2,337,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $1,195,833

1.2 mil to sign a backup forward and a backup defenseman for the league minimum.

give richards a cap circumventing type deal.