HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2011, 09:45 AM
  #51
htpwn
Registered User
 
htpwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Poland
Posts: 12,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
If I was Nashville, I would counter with:

To Toronto:

Ellis
2012 3rd round pick

To Nashville:

Kadri
Kadri is not available for a small defense prospect.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
  #52
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
The reason why McArthur is in every trade is because his value is higher after last season than it ever will be again. The leafs fans are looking to turn his career year last year into another player with more value. It's actually pretty funny.

Ellis is a VERY high rated D-man and if McArthur ever has a 60pt. season I'll eat my hat.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
  #53
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
I dont care whose team MacArthur is on next season, I would stay miles away from this trade until Ryan Ellis proves something on the NHL level. and Leafs also add along a good prospect in D'Amigo.

Love the LOGIC ON HF guys, keep it up.

Counter Proposal

Gardiner

for

Blum
2nd round pick 2012

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
  #54
Regina Pat
CBJ Bandwagon ID:962
 
Regina Pat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The ODR
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Proof View Post
I dont care whose team MacArthur is on next season, I would stay miles away from this trade until Ryan Ellis proves something on the NHL level. and Leafs also add along a good prospect in D'Amigo.

Love the LOGIC ON HF guys, keep it up.

Counter Proposal

Gardiner

for

Blum
2nd round pick 2012
Gardiner isn't worth THAT much.

Also, lets get real. We don't even know if this kid is even a Leaf fan. So lets not bash all the leaf fans and claim this to their resposibility.

Bashing Leafs seems to be the thing the new posters do to try and get accepted, when in reality, it just makes you look like you have little hockey knowledge and hate the Leafs.

Regina Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 12:10 PM
  #55
Kings of Komarov
Registered User
 
Kings of Komarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperDean View Post
Gardiner isn't worth THAT much.

Also, lets get real. We don't even know if this kid is even a Leaf fan. So lets not bash all the leaf fans and claim this to their resposibility.

Bashing Leafs seems to be the thing the new posters do to try and get accepted, when in reality, it just makes you look like you have little hockey knowledge and hate the Leafs.
preach

Kings of Komarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:18 PM
  #56
Zeeker17
Registered User
 
Zeeker17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LaSalle, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen13 View Post
Toronto:
Ryan Ellis

Nashville:
Clarke MacArthur
Jerry D'amigo
Why the hell would the Leafs do that?


Zeeker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  #57
Rainman2408
Registered User
 
Rainman2408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Personally I don't see what all the hype about Ellis is. Truthfully I'm not sure he will become an NHL regular. While granted the kid has some amazing offensive ability. He really is a defensive liability and obviously small. Please STOP the comparisons to Boyle, Timo and Rafalski. granted they are small and can produce offensively but that's about where the buck stops in terms of similarities. I think alot of you on here really underestimate how bad his skating is. While it's fine playing against boys in the O it will need to improve by MILES if he ever wants to land a permanent spot with any NHL club. Timo and Boyle are tough as nails and very strong on their skates. Ellis lacks both of those qualities which doesn't bode well for a little dude.

Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for him and wish him the best. Wouldn't want to trade for him though. LOL @ guys saying Mac has only produced one year. While this is true he has held a regular spot in the NHL and plays quite effectively in other areas no just offensive output. Far more then I can say for a young ryan ellis

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:44 PM
  #58
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post
Personally I don't see what all the hype about Ellis is. Truthfully I'm not sure he will become an NHL regular. While granted the kid has some amazing offensive ability. He really is a defensive liability and obviously small. Please STOP the comparisons to Boyle, Timo and Rafalski. granted they are small and can produce offensively but that's about where the buck stops in terms of similarities. I think alot of you on here really underestimate how bad his skating is. While it's fine playing against boys in the O it will need to improve by MILES if he ever wants to land a permanent spot with any NHL club. Timo and Boyle are tough as nails and very strong on their skates. Ellis lacks both of those qualities which doesn't bode well for a little dude.

Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for him and wish him the best. Wouldn't want to trade for him though. LOL @ guys saying Mac has only produced one year. While this is true he has held a regular spot in the NHL and plays quite effectively in other areas no just offensive output. Far more then I can say for a young ryan ellis
funny yet its good enough to get a high draft spot by one of the best teams at drafting defensemen in all the nhl?
man must be hard knowing better then the guys who get paid mills to do this and being stuck on a site where your view trumps everything else...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
  #59
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb1 View Post
Are you kidding. what about Timonen and Rafalski. They seem to have had succes on d while being "tiny". You have clearly never seen Cody Fransons wrist shot, or Webers (when hes not blasting it.) If there are holes in his game Nashville is the perfect place for him. They seem to have d on lock down.
exactly. its funny when people try to say that Ellis wont translate his game. Especially when they act like its a fact. Yes hes tiny but so was Rafalski and Timonen, not to mention Ellis is still growing. Im probably not returning to this thread cause there is so much nonsense in it. AND ELLIS IS NOT A DEFENSIVE LIABILITY! He is very good defensively and very good at positioning. Quit trying to make up flaws in his game because you think Mcarthur has more value, which he doesnt.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
  #60
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,886
vCash: 500
I can understand the worry about Ellis, I mean, with the way the Preds have trouble developing defensemen, it's likely they had no idea what they were doing when they drafted him, and when Paul Fenton said that Ellis had "superstar potential," how would HE know?

Please.

There is not a better team in the NHL at drafting and developing defensemen. Ellis almost made a stacked blue line in the NHL at 19. His defensive ability is one of the most hilariously overblown things on this board. He is short, but he's built like a bowling ball. He might not be fast, but he can get around well enough to make his elite offensive ability worthwhile.

Not to mention the records and hardware he's piled up at every stage.

But yeah, a bunch of Leafs fans with one hand down their pants say he "won't translate" and isn't worth a career plug that had a anomalous year and is soon to be overpaid greatly. Fine by me. Keep him, and keep head case Kadri, too. You're not getting Ellis for either.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:03 PM
  #61
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavs View Post
i don't think he'll be as good in the NHL. He's a great OHL and junior player, but playing against men is a whole different story. He's Small, slow, not tough and will need to make a huge transition to the speed of the NHL if he wants to compete for a job. All i see him bringing is some offense and having a good vision to make plays, maybe some time on the PP but would be a huge defensive liability. I cant see him developing into anything better than a 4-6 d-man in the league. I'd rather keep Mac and hope he can continue at a 50-60 point pace.
I hope the Leafs don't trade for Ellis...
He's going to be a smaller, less effective Bryan Berard at BEST.
More likely, he's the next Kris Russel or Danny Syvret- smaller junior defenceman offensive dynamos who's lack of other skills made them negigible NHL'ers.

All in all, Ellis probably turns out like Bergeron.. PP guy with a gun and not much else. Once Ellis gets playing against pros instead 16-17 year olds his size and slowness will be hugely exposed. Ellis isn't worth a big payment..

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:34 PM
  #62
javier
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
The reason why McArthur is in every trade is because his value is higher after last season than it ever will be again. The leafs fans are looking to turn his career year last year into another player with more value. It's actually pretty funny.

Ellis is a VERY high rated D-man and if McArthur ever has a 60pt. season I'll eat my hat.
MacArthur had 62 points last year, bon appetite

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:37 PM
  #63
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
MacArthur had 62 points last year, bon appetite
I interepreted that, based on the context of his post, to mean another 60 point season.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
  #64
Rainman2408
Registered User
 
Rainman2408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
funny yet its good enough to get a high draft spot by one of the best teams at drafting defensemen in all the nhl?
man must be hard knowing better then the guys who get paid mills to do this and being stuck on a site where your view trumps everything else...

Actually since you obviously just talk out your ass and don't do any real research..

Ellis' skating has always been a big question mark even back when he was drafted. The scouts at the time and still today say the same thing that I said pretty much so I base my opinion not only on my own observations but what professional scouts say as well. Info that is readily available if you so choose to spend a little time and educate yourself on certain prospects. You though like many others see the numbers he is putting up in the O and think he must be the next Bobby Orr. It's ok though think what you want. It's just my opinion and as I said.... I really do hope he does well as I really like the kid and I would be happy for him. Just saying I'm not convinced and neither are alot of other people (that get paid mills) as you so like to put it.

time will tell though I guess as I believe he will be in the AHL this year. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Cheers

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:12 PM
  #65
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman2408 View Post
Actually since you obviously just talk out your ass and don't do any real research..

Ellis' skating has always been a big question mark even back when he was drafted. The scouts at the time and still today say the same thing that I said pretty much so I base my opinion not only on my own observations but what professional scouts say as well. Info that is readily available if you so choose to spend a little time and educate yourself on certain prospects. You though like many others see the numbers he is putting up in the O and think he must be the next Bobby Orr. It's ok though think what you want. It's just my opinion and as I said.... I really do hope he does well as I really like the kid and I would be happy for him. Just saying I'm not convinced and neither are alot of other people (that get paid mills) as you so like to put it.

time will tell though I guess as I believe he will be in the AHL this year. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Cheers
What did I say that was out of my ass? I said it wasnt enough of a problem to stop people who know allot more then you do from drafting him 11'th over all? somehow you know better then these guys who drafted many of the top D men in the league today?
if we came here offering
SK + Zach Budish for Kadri youd say the same?
Kadri has just as many questions about his work ethic and compete level during the same draft year no? so fair deal i guess

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:49 PM
  #66
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
Big NO from Nashville.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:44 PM
  #67
Nikolai Coolman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Markham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Its decent value, but for Ryan Ellis its not. Hes probably the highest rated D prospect that hasnt played a NHL game
And therein lies the rub.

I won't deny that Ellis is a great prospect, and that Nashville would probably would be offended by an offer of MacArthur + random prospect. However, Ellis' value is overstated due to his potential (inb4, "lolol Kadree r overrated") and to be honest, I don't really see why the Leafs need Ellis, as we have a few solid D prospects of our own. I'll take my chances with MacArthur.

Nikolai Coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.