HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Callahan and Rangers are "ways apart"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2011, 01:13 PM
  #101
Crazy Monkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Try adding a few 100 million people to the equation and see how long that lasts.
please do elaborate...

Crazy Monkey is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
  #102
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath View Post
OMG, can we not turn this into a USA-Canada hockey debate.

In terms of hockey: Canada > USA

It's pretty much all they have. Might as well let them have it.

That is all.
Lol. You're just looking for a fight, aren't you?

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
  #103
PizzaSteak
Registered User
 
PizzaSteak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: nj
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
That and free health care, low crime rates, more fiscal equality, ...

As a Leaf fan, I have a feeling Richards will be heading to NY. Toronto isn't really all that nice of a city. The only real draw is the management team in place and the potential to be forever enshrined in hockey by bringing success to the centre of the hockey world.

edit: I guess I should comment on the thread itself. Callahan's not going anywhere. People who think otherwise are kidding themselves.
LOL I love when people use the word "Free" when discussing universal healthcare. Like angels come down from heaven and provide free work. Nothing a government provides is "free". The true suckers are the people who cannot see the entire equation, just the end result.

I'll always remember my parents telling me a story about how they went on their honeymoon to Niagara Falls, and seeing a billboard that said "fast-track your medical coverage" with an arrow pointing from the Canadian side to a hospital in the US side.

Nothing's free, bucko.

PizzaSteak is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
  #104
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 50
This thread has taken an unexpected turn.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
  #105
PaulSedin
#lydia2012
 
PaulSedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 500
what draft picks would your team give up for him
the rangers dont want take on salary unless its for brad richards

PaulSedin is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
  #106
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
I'm sorry, were we discussing the Olympics? I thought we were talking about Stanley cups and the NHL. Good to see you boys finally catch up to the US in modern day gold medals though.
The same NHL where we have 45+ cups? Oh yeah, that NHL.

Wait, wait, wait. You guys won the cup ONE YEAR after the last Canadian team. I'm so broken up about it.

CarlWinslow is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
  #107
Tom Atkins
Registered User
 
Tom Atkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
this thread is getting dumb. Yes more Canadians play hockey and win more, yet more american hockey fans enjoy stanley cup championships over Canadian fans. Teams in American markets have won more cups in recent years.

Tom Atkins is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:14 PM
  #108
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drago View Post
this thread is getting dumb. Yes more Canadians play hockey and win more, yet more american hockey fans enjoy stanley cup championships over Canadian fans. Teams in American markets have won more cups in recent years.
I should hope so being the US has had 24 teams to Canada's 6.

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:15 PM
  #109
Tom Atkins
Registered User
 
Tom Atkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I should hope so being the US has had 24 teams to Canada's 6.
LOL canadians are being used for Americas amusement....

Tom Atkins is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:17 PM
  #110
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,656
vCash: 50
Don't know where this thread took a turn for the worsre..........:

Back to topic. Someone offer sheet this guy. He's everything you look for in a team player.

Marlo Stanfield is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:20 PM
  #111
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I'm getting a 404 error on that link...

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:22 PM
  #112
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drago View Post
LOL canadians are being used for Americas amusement....
We have the pleasure of watching American news. You are the amusement.

CarlWinslow is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
  #113
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drago View Post
LOL canadians are being used for Americas amusement....
I cannot believe at this time in american history, american's can still claim to live in a great country How freaking naive!

Oh and for those americans with short-term memories (you all seem to have them). Canada won the most golds ever at the winter olympics by beating The USA, in OT, In our most beloved sport, by the hands of hockey's greatest icon (currently active). I don't even think any of your ego-centric, self serving, hollywood writers could pen a better ending.

GO CANADA!!!

EDIT: I'd take Callahan on the flames, what do the Rags want?

The Gnome is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  #114
Liferleafer
Golf....again....
 
Liferleafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
We have the pleasure of watching American news. You are the amusement.
You just reminded me of last years US news story of the Popeye chicken tradgedy. Thanks, i'd almost forgotten about that!! "is there no chicken, or are they just outta chicken??) CLASSIC

Liferleafer is online now  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  #115
Tom Atkins
Registered User
 
Tom Atkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
We have the pleasure of watching American news. You are the amusement.


Vancouver riots were enjoyable too

Tom Atkins is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  #116
080
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Guelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaSteak View Post
LOL I love when people use the word "Free" when discussing universal healthcare. Like angels come down from heaven and provide free work. Nothing a government provides is "free". The true suckers are the people who cannot see the entire equation, just the end result.

I'll always remember my parents telling me a story about how they went on their honeymoon to Niagara Falls, and seeing a billboard that said "fast-track your medical coverage" with an arrow pointing from the Canadian side to a hospital in the US side.

Nothing's free, bucko.
Do you not think that the tax-payers over here are aware of that? The difference is in allocation of funds. Not spending trillions on war is a good place to start -- it allows one to provide his or her country with more basic necessities that any developed-country should have.

No one's a "sucker" -- we understand exactly how it works. But I guess it's not as feasible in a country riddled with gun crime -- and astronomical violent-crime rates of any form for that matter.

080 is online now  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
  #117
Stanleyjub
Registered User
 
Stanleyjub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: hockey
Posts: 562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I'm getting a 404 error on that link...
Apparently they updated the post's date and date in the link was updated too

Original: http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/06/29/buzz-the-rangers-and-ryan-callahan-are-a-ways-apart/

Updated: http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/06/30/buzz-the-rangers-and-ryan-callahan-are-a-ways-apart/

Stanleyjub is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:30 PM
  #118
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
Do you not think that the tax-payers over here are aware of that? The difference is in allocation of funds. Not spending trillions on war is a good place to start -- it allows one to provide his or her country with more basic necessities that any developed-country should have.

No one's a "sucker" -- we understand exactly how it works. But I guess it's not as feasible in a country riddled with gun crime -- and astronomical violent-crime rates of any form for that matter.
good to see someone gets it. Don't try to explain it, just nod and smile. The reason this country is still a gem is because most can't even point to it on a map, keep them out

edit: oh and BTW, back to most gold ever at the olympics...Canada's population: 35 million...USA's population: 310 million. Just some food for thought


Last edited by The Gnome: 06-30-2011 at 02:37 PM.
The Gnome is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
  #119
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
You just reminded me of last years US news story of the Popeye chicken tradgedy. Thanks, i'd almost forgotten about that!! "is there no chicken, or are they just outta chicken??) CLASSIC
Wasn't that KFC? Vastly inferior to Popeyes. Now give Callahan to the Caps.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
  #120
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,656
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post
But I guess it's not as feasible in a country riddled with gun crime -- and astronomical violent-crime rates of any form for that matter.
Not to be a dick, just wondering, doesn't Abbotsford and Brampton have crime rates on par with some of the higher crime US cities?

Marlo Stanfield is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:47 PM
  #121
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyjub View Post
Ah, thanks.

Small comment: this thread has turned to garbage.

Callahan will seriously be going nowhere. Glen knows what Cally means to the team, he's doing his thing to get his price to a fair level... it's not like he's dealing with Mark Messier in his prime here. They'll get a fair deal done.

PromNite is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:51 PM
  #122
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
good to see someone gets it. Don't try to explain it, just nod and smile. The reason this country is still a gem is because most can't even point to it on a map, keep them out

edit: oh and BTW, back to most gold ever at the olympics...Canada's population: 35 million...USA's population: 310 million. Just some food for thought
Most gold at the Olympics? USA has 1016 gold medals to date, while Canada has 110. Close, but no cigar.

As for hockey, you guys should be astronomically better than the USA. Your best athletes play hockey. Our best athletes play football,basketball, and baseball. Hockey players are greatly in the minority of athletes in the USA. But keep going on with this. Your inferiority complex amuses me.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
  #123
MTK
Registered User
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: West Islip
Country: Iceland
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Just how far away from Kyle Okposo's salary can they actually be?

,
Mitch
Far away when your GM hands out dough to FA's that under perform.

MTK is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:57 PM
  #124
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikTheKing30 View Post
Most gold at the Olympics? USA has 1016 gold medals to date, while Canada has 110. Close, but no cigar.
As for hockey, you guys should be astronomically better than the USA. Your best athletes play hockey. Our best athletes play football,basketball, and baseball. Hockey players are greatly in the minority of athletes in the USA. But keep going on with this. Your inferiority complex amuses me.
you missed my point, or changed it to suit your needs (how american of you). We are the record holder for most gold medals at a (key word here) winter olympics.

not to bad for a country that has a population 9X smaller then the US.

inferiority complex? smile and nod... smile and nod

The Gnome is offline  
Old
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
  #125
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,167
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Far away when your GM hands out dough to FA's that under perform.
You're confusing UFAs and RFAs.

Sather plays ultimate hardball with every RFA he has. I know people love to attack Sather at every opportunity, but when he's not dealing with UFAs, he's pretty good in every other area that a GM deals in.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.