HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kreider

Old
06-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
He could have developed better in the AHL. I suspect that the only reason he's staying in college is for his education, not his hockey career.
People seem to take that as a given, and I'm not sure I agree.

This kid has NHL size and NHL speed, but I think there are enough raw components there that convince me that slower is okay.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Nevermind

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 06-30-2011 at 03:36 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
People seem to take that as a given, and I'm not sure I agree.

This kid has NHL size and NHL speed, but I think there are enough raw components there that convince me that slower is okay.
Yeah, I think he wants to do better at the college level before he turns pro. The fact that he hasn't dominated yet probably added a lot to his decision to stay another year.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:31 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
He could have developed better in the AHL. I suspect that the only reason he's staying in college is for his education, not his hockey career.
could have but he also could develop better being the leader and main guy for his team. He makes a lot of vision and IQ plays imo that nobody ever talks about and I'm really excited to see what he does but similarly ready to be dissappointed.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:34 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Your opinion doesnt nees to be taken with a grain of salt just because i dont agree with the Lucas Duda comparison.

Regarding all things Rangers prospects?

If your insinuating i hyoe them all your wrong.

I have to make this point again, seriously?

The list of players im not high on FAR outweigh the list of players im high on.

My opinion with a grain of salt?

While 90% of the board was clamouring over Puempel i called the Miller puck two weeks before the draft.

I called the Kreider pick a month before the draft.

Del Zotto and Staal before the draft.

Im not high on Bourque, Zuccarello, Valentenko, Pashnin.

Thomas is not ready, hes nowhere near good enough defensively. Torts would eat him alive.

Kreider, Miller, and maybe Thomas will be top six caliber.

Hagelin, Fasth, Lindberg, Yogan, Fogarty, even though i like these guys are not top six players.

St. Croix and McColgan are puny. And need to overcome A LOT.

And though i didnt love the McIlrath pick, hes developing into the player they wanted.

People *****ing about Miller clearly never seen him play.

And people calling Kreider a bust at 20 dont know what theyre talking about.
Well this was certainly a nice self promoting fluff piece. What's your point with half of this? All the guy said was he doesn't like that MENTALITY and those WORDS and he was very adamant about how not based on fact and passive he is on this gut feeling clearly stating it's just his opinion so take it with a grain of salt. He didn't shovel his opinion down anyone's throats or act like he's better than anyone so calm down. I had a gut feeling they'd look to trade a big prospect who i thought would be Kreider. Turned out it was Grachev oh woop de doo throw a parade for me! C'mon dude.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStart View Post
Well this was certainly a nice self promoting fluff piece. What's your point with half of this? All the guy said was he doesn't like that MENTALITY and those WORDS and he was very adamant about how not based on fact and passive he is on this gut feeling clearly stating it's just his opinion so take it with a grain of salt. He didn't shovel his opinion down anyone's throats or act like he's better than anyone so calm down. I had a gut feeling they'd look to trade a big prospect who i thought would be Kreider. Turned out it was Grachev oh woop de doo throw a parade for me! C'mon dude.
Point taken and edited.

I dont like people telling me i have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Simply because i follow players careers prior to the NHL.

Old
06-30-2011, 03:41 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Personally, his style has always reminded me of a bigger Tony Amonte. He has speed and skills but he's not going to be an effortless scorer, he's going to work for his points. I think he will always be heavier on goals than assists, but the talent is there for 30 goals.

I'm one of the few who thinks he still needs one more year of college to cook. Having said that, he could be a better pro than amateur.
This is a fair, accurate assessment. I also think that staying in college will do Kreider good—it certainly won't "ruin" him or make me think any less of him for doing so, unlike a ton of other people.

He's a kid with a ton of raw skills, but he needs time to develop. We're not the Blue Jackets or the Panthers, who need every somewhat talented, young player on their roster immediately. The Rangers can take their time in developing a player of Kreider's ilk, as it is what's best for his development at this stage of his hockey career. Having him play in BC, where he'll now get prime, offensively oriented ice time will give us, and Clarke, and idea of how much longer he needs to be developed outside of the NHL. I don't think we'll be seeing Kreider stick at the NHL level until 2013-2014, to be completely honest.

Quote:
Personally, I'd like to see what Kreider looks like on the right side, as I think his speed would be intriguing.
Eh, I can see why it would be intriguing, but I have my doubts about how that would turn out. I don't think putting him on his offwing would allow him to use his size, speed, and reach to his advantage—as opposed to the left wing, where he could use his reach and speed to get around the defender the way a Rick Nash would (not saying he'll be Rick Nash, but in a similar style). I don't think his puck handling skills are developed enough to hold the puck to the inside of the ice, either.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Point taken and edited.

I dont like people telling me i have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Simply because i follow players careers prior to the NHL.
You insisted, for a long time, that Kreider was NHL ready and would be on the ice for the 2011-2012 home opener. Making blinded proclamations like this is why people often take your prospect information/opinions with a grain of salt.

I dont doubt you follow prospects careers - thats great. But whats even more prevalent in your posts is that you drink the organizational kool-aid far too much.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

pray that he becomes the next great Ranger

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:04 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I'm not the only one that felt that way about Kreider. Several people that are paid for their hockey knowledge felt he could and would step in to the NHL next season. Pierre McGwire talked about that during the WJC.

Old
06-30-2011, 04:15 PM
ThisYearsModel

I believe that, if the Rangers make any kind of significant trade over the next few days, Kreider is likely to be involved in it. Of all the prospects, he is the most likely to go especially if they think Thomas will stick with the big club.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
I believe that, if the Rangers make any kind of significant trade over the next few days, Kreider is likely to be involved in it. Of all the prospects, he is the most likely to go especially if they think Thomas will stick with the big club.
Anisimov, Kreider, and Del Zotto would be most likely to go in my opinion.

Dont necessarily want to see any of them go, but Sather needs to kick the tires on a legitimate top 6 LW. Anisimov becomes more expendable if we sign Richards; perhaps they think Kreider can eventually be that LW, but if they internally are worried about his signability, thats a different story.

Old
06-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post

Thomas is a right wing. So is Fasth. Kreider is the only left wing prospect we have. If Kreider is traded, then we have to rely on Wolski and only Wolski to be the other LW (besides Dubinsky) on the top 2 lines. Not sure that's a good idea. Keep Kreider unless we acquire a top-shelf LW in return.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
If his upside is Mason Raymond, I'd be very disappointed.
As mentioned, he's done absolutely nothing to prove he's going to become a 1st line player. Mason Raymond is also pretty good.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
You insisted, for a long time, that Kreider was NHL ready and would be on the ice for the 2011-2012 home opener. Making blinded proclamations like this is why people often take your prospect information/opinions with a grain of salt.

I dont doubt you follow prospects careers - thats great. But whats even more prevalent in your posts is that you drink the organizational kool-aid far too much.
He is NHL ready. If he had turned pro he would have been given every opportunity to make the Rangers this season.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
As mentioned, he's done absolutely nothing to prove he's going to become a 1st line player. Mason Raymond is also pretty good.
I never said he'd proven anything.

Raymond is a solid player. I think though that our organization was hoping for more than that level of player when they drafted Chris.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He is NHL ready. If he had turned pro he would have been given every opportunity to make the Rangers this season.
His hype is NHL ready, Ill give you that. His track record at BC says otherwise.

And theres the little fact that KREIDER HIMSELF DOESNT BELIEVE HES NHL READY.

The chances of him making the big club this season if he signed a contract were remote at best.

If he was NHL ready, he'd be in the NHL come October, period.

Old
06-30-2011, 08:55 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
His hype is NHL ready, Ill give you that. His track record at BC says otherwise.

And theres the little fact that KREIDER HIMSELF DOESNT BELIEVE HES NHL READY.

The chances of him making the big club this season if he signed a contract were remote at best.

If he was NHL ready, he'd be in the NHL come October, period.
That's 100% not true. The Rangers wanted him out of school. The organization thinks he is NHL ready. Torts even said as much LAST season.

His game is NHL ready. Watch him at BC and tell me he could not play on a 3rd line in the NHL.

His size, speed and physical play are all ready for the NHL.

You are basing him being NHL ready off of a kid who has never played a pro game. A 20-21 year old kid knows what he is doing? News to me.

Old
06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That's 100% not true. The Rangers wanted him out of school. The organization thinks he is NHL ready. Torts even said as much LAST season.

His game is NHL ready. Watch him at BC and tell me he could not play on a 3rd line in the NHL.

His size, speed and physical play are all ready for the NHL.

You are basing him being NHL ready off of a kid who has never played a pro game. A 20-21 year old kid knows what he is doing? News to me.
And you're basing him being ready on zero professional games... What's the difference?

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2011, 09:00 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
And you're basing him being ready on zero professional games... What's the difference?
I'm basing it on me watching him play, Watching him play in the World Championships and off of people who do this for a living who have been doing this longer than most of us have been alive.

Old
06-30-2011, 09:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Just want to point something out.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=67781

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=120939

The offensive numbers don't always paint the whole picture.

Kreider has NOT been disappointing at the NCAA level, at all. He was buried for the most part, on a deep BC team, that relies on seniority.

Because of that he learned a very well rounded two way game.

He's a better player now then when he was drafted.

His offensive skills have not diminished.

We all wanted him to go pro, even the Rangers organization. But he will be an upperclassman, on a BC team that lost most of its upperclassmen, and he will be THE GUY.

And, as has been pointed out around the boards, some players are just suited better for the pro game.